1 users online

Bernard (Admin)

Ryan Sessegnon avoids new contract speculation

last updated Friday 26th April 2019, 8:54 AM


Fulham Football Club


Fulham midfielder Ryan Sessegnon
Fulham midfielder
Ryan Sessegnon
More
Ryan Sessegnon
Stories
His Wiki page
Fulham star Ryan Sessegnon has refused to commit his long-term future to Fulham following the club's relegation from the Premier League.

The 18-year-old made his first appearances in the top flight this season, but the Cottagers were relegated earlier this month with five games remaining, and he could now be a target for a number of Premier League clubs this summer.

Sessegnon's current contract at Craven Cottage runs until the end of the next season, but, if the player declines a new deal, it could be in Fulham's interest to cash in on him this summer.

"I'm still a Fulham player, contracted until 2020," Sessegnon told Sky Sports News.

"So I'm still a Fulham player and in terms of that, that's all I can say at the moment.

" Having played a crucial role in Fulham's promotion last season under Slavisa Jokanovic, Sessegnon, who can play anywhere on the left flank, began the season as a regular starter, but lost his place in the first XI under Claudio Ranieri.

However, since the Italian was replaced by interim-boss Scott Parker, Sessegnon has regained his starting place, and played the full 90 minutes in back-to-back victories over Everton and Bournemouth.

"When he [Parker] was a player he was such an intelligent player," Sessegnon said.

"And he's just brought his knowledge of his playing time into management really.

"Everyone just wants to play for him.

Everyone respects him highly at the club and when you respect someone so highly it's easy to get everyone motivated for games.

"I think he's the right man to bring this club back to the Premier League."





























Source Sky Sports
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"