10 users online

MST, Gaz, The Time Is Now, Tony R, Keetch54, Banjowest7000

Roy Hodgson claims no Arsenal contact for Smalling

last updated Thursday 21st January 2010, 3:58 PM
Fulham manager Roy Hodgson
Fulham manager Roy Hodgson
     
Other Roy Hodgson Stories
Fulham boss Roy Hodgson insists he has received no contact from Arsenal with regards his promising defender Chris Smalling.

The 20-year-old has been strongly linked with a move across the capital to the Emirates, with Arsenal said to be readying an offer.

Smalling has only just broken into Hodgson's first-team plans having been plucked from non-league Maidstone in June 2008.

His progress has been such Arsenal are said to be monitoring his situation at Craven Cottage, but Hodgson is confident Arsene Wenger would ring him if there is genuine interest.

"If Arsenal are interested, then I guess they better get in touch with us," said Hodgson.

"I have not spoken to Arsene at all. It has never been mentioned, and our chief executive has not spoken to their chief executive, so presumably that means they have got no interest, or the interest is being generated by someone else in the club or outside the club.

"Arsene made it clear to me with Brede Hangeland, he said: 'If I had been interested in signing Brede Hangeland, the first person I would have contacted would have been you'.

"I believe that, and fully expect when he wants to sign a Fulham player, I will be the first one to hear."







































































Source SkySports
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"