0 users online

Fulham midfielder Teimourian returns from injury

last updated Tuesday 13th January 2009, 9:25 AM

Fulham midfielder Andranik Teimourian
Fulham midfielder
Andranik Teimourian
Fulham midfielder Andranik Teimourian officially shrugged off his lengthy injury in his 90 minutes debut game against Chelsea reserve team.

Fulham’s Reserves earned a one-all draw on Monday evening at Griffin Park against Chelsea.

The Whites took the lead in the first half when Adrian Leijer headed home from a Wayne Brown set-piece but we’re pegged back after the break when a somewhat harsh penalty was awarded to the home side.

Brown was a dominant figure throughout the match – especially in the second half where the Whites saw a whole host of chances come their way.

Fulham started the first half well and could have taken the lead as early as the 15 minute mark when a series of corners resulted in Rob Milson seeing his effort smothered.

The home side had only a limited number of attempts on goal, resulting in a relatively light evening’s work from Fulham goalkeeper, Wesley Foderingham.

Chelsea’s best spell came at the start of the second half side but the Whites were rarely troubled and soon started to exert their control on proceedings. A fine set-piece delivery from Brown on 58 minutes had Chelsea in trouble and forced keeper Rhys Taylor to save well from Danny Hoesen.

Chelsea got back on level terms in the 67th minute. The referee pointed to the spot after a Chelsea free kick was delivered into a crowded penalty area and the inevitable jostling for position resulted in the official spotting an infringement. Stoch stepped up and chipped the ball into the net.

The Whites were undeterred and came close to re-taking the lead in the 76th minute when the influential Brown slammed a shot against the crossbar, via the fingertips of Taylor.

Andranik nearly got his name on the score sheet on two occasions as the game drew to a close.

Rob Milson was stretchered off in the final minutes after being on the receiving end of a hefty challenge. The impressive Wayne Brown forced a good save from Taylor from the resulting free kick. Unfortunately, Fulham did not have enough time to mount another attack before the referee blew the final whistle.

Fulham: Foderingham, Cumber, Anderson, Leijer, Smalling, Milsom (Harris), Saunders, Andranik, Smith, Brown, Briggs (Hoesen).

Chelsea: Rhys Taylor; Nana Ofori-Twumasi, Michael Mancienne (Jack Saville h-t), Carl Magnay (c), Patrick van Aanholt; Tom Taiwo, Lee Sawyer (Jordan Tabor 67), Jimmy Smith; Sergio Tejera Franco Di Santo, (Fabio Ferreira h-t), Miroslav Stoch.

Source iransportspress.com
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"