2 users online

Californian, Keetch54

Fulham 2-2 Cardiff Cham 04 1617 - GetWestLondon

last updated Monday 22nd August 2016, 11:27 AM

GetWestLondon Logo
Jake Evans at GetWestLondon

Fulham (1) 2-2 (0) Cardiff

A first Fulham goal for 16-year-old Ryan Sessegnon helped preserve Fulham’s unbeaten start to the Championship season against Cardiff City at Craven Cottage.

Sessegnon emerged from the bench and scored two minutes after coming on to mark his second appearance for Fulham after making his debut in the draw against Leeds on Tuesday.

Kevin McDonald then rescued a point for the Cottagers after brilliant strikes from Joe Ralls and Anthony Pilkington had put Cardiff ahead.

The result ensured Fulham are yet to experience a league defeat this season, but Slavisa Jokanovic will be frustrated with back to back draws.

Fulham could have taken the lead on 25 minutes when some good skill from Sone Aluko created a shooting opportunity for Cauley Woodrow but the striker was off balance and his effort flew over the bar.

Fulham dominated the first half proceedings before a muscle injury to lively left winger Floyd Ayite saw him depart for Sessegnon.

The deadlock was finally broken one minute before half time when Aluko humiliated Matthew Connolly on the by-line before cutting the ball back to 16-year-old Sessegnon who tapped in.

Paul Trollope’s team-talk must have been something as Cardiff drew level on the hour mark with their first shot on target.

Fulham failed to clear an Aron Gunnarsson long throw before Ralls smashed the ball into the top corner from outside the box.

Bluebirds took confidence from their goal and substitute Kadeem Harris went close with a powerful effort but his shot was well held by David Button.

However, Button was to be beaten just seconds later when Pilkington drove in from the right and curled a beautiful shot beyond the Fulham stopper into the bottom corner.

Peter Whittingham was a centimetre away from making it 3-1 with twenty minutes to go when his 25-yard free kick crashed against the underside of the crossbar and bounced to safety.

Fulham had the chance to equalise when McDonald’s flick on was volleyed over by Cottagers captain Scott Parker.

But the home side cranked up the pressure on the Cardiff goal and McDonald fired home from the edge of the area to level with five minutes remaining.

The home fans wanted a late penalty for a challenge on substitute Matt Smith but referee Jeremy Simpson waved away the protests to settle the result.

Source .
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"