0 users online

Fulham 1-1 Huddersfield Cham 04 1516 - Huddersfield Examiner

last updated Monday 24th August 2015, 12:00 PM

Daily Telegraph Logo
Doug Thomson at Huddersfield Examiner

Fulham (0) 1-1 (0) Huddersfield

Nahki Wells put Town in front but the Terriers were flattened by a late goal as Fulham went long to rescue the game

Huddersfield Town were undone by a substitute for the second Saturday running as Fulham's Cauley Woodrow forced a stoppage-time leveller.

The striker cushioned Dan Burn's nod down on his chest and smashed the ball past Joe Murphy, who had just made a fine save from Tom Cairney's free-kick, in the fourth of five additional minutes.

Nahki Wells slid home his second goal of the season from Harry Bunn's pass in the 63rd minute to put Town ahead in the heat at Craven Cottage.

But the home side stepped on the gas in the closing stages, and Town were condemned to a third successive Championship draw after the home stalemates against Blackburn Rovers and Brighton and Hove Albion.

The travelling faithful were relieved to see Jacob Butterfield in the starting side after further and feverish speculation over his future.

Derby County, still seeking a first league win, have already had three bids for the former Middlesbrough midfielder rejected.

As well as fielding Butterfield, manager Chris Powell recalled wideman Sean Scannell after he missed the midweek home draw against Brighton and Hove Albion with a hamstring injury.

Fulham were missing first-choice keeper Marcus Bettinelli and striker Matt Smith, who both have knee injuries.

Andrew Lonergan took over between the posts and Frenchman Moussa Dembele was selected up front.

It was even-stevens up to the break, with Town's best efforts two long-range shots by Butterfield which Lonergan saved, and a Joel Lynch header from a corner which went just wide.

At the other end, centre-back Lynch was dominant in the air, and the closest Fulham came was with a Jamie O'Hara shot which was well saved by Joe Murphy.

Swedish midfielder Alexander Kacaniklic twice shot over when well placed.

Town made a lively start to the second half, and Scannell was thwarted by Lonergan at close range before Wells' opener while the wideman has a header pawed away for a corner as Town unsuccessfully sought a two-goal advantage.

Source .
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"