1 users online

Bernard (Admin)

Football Rumours on Wednesday 20th October 2021

last updated Wednesday 20th October 2021, 9:03 AM





TRANSFER RUMOURS

  • Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund or RB Leipzig will have to pay between 30m and 40m euros to sign RB Salzburg and Germany striker Karim Adeyemi, 19.
    (ORF)


  • Manchester City have placed a £67.5m price tag on Raheem Sterling as Barcelona prepare to make a move for the England winger.
    (Sun)


  • Roma are interested in Aston Villa forward Anwar El Ghazi and the Midlands club will let the 26-year-old Netherlands international leave for £18m.
    (Football Insider)


  • FC Dallas and United States striker Ricardo Pepi has alerted top European clubs including Liverpool and Bayern Munich by handing in a transfer request - but the 18-year-old has already agreed personal terms with Wolfsburg.
    (CBS Sport)


  • Everton are said to be looking at Morecambe teenager Connor Pye, who has been touted as "the next Andy Robertson."
    (Sun)


  • Aston Villa will need to move quickly to sign River Plate's Julian Alvarez as Serie A side AC Milan are also interested in the 21-year-old Argentina forward.
    (Calciomercato)


  • Manchester United are considering options for Amad Diallo and will make a decision on loaning him out before Christmas.
    (Daily Mail)


  • Newcastle United and Leeds United will miss out on Blackburn Rovers' English midfielder Joe Rothwell as the 26-year-old has chosen to sign for Rangers instead.
    (TEAMtalk)


  • West Ham United are keeping tabs on Barcelona goalkeeper Neto, 32, who is free to leave the Nou Camp in a January loan deal as long as the club who sign him agree to buy the Brazilian in the summer.
    (Sport)


  • Netherlands defender Matthijs de Ligt, 22, is unhappy with his role at Juventus, leading his agent Mino Raiola to hold talks with Barcelona about a possible move.
    (Sport)



MANAGEMENT STUFF

  • Newport have confirmed the appointment of Cardiff first-team coach James Rowberry as the club's new manager.
    (Sky Sports)


  • Newcastle United's new owners have yet to make contact with manager Steve Bruce after the Magpies' home defeat to Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.
    (Daily Star)


  • The list of candidates to replace Bruce at Newcastle United has narrowed to Eddie Howe, Paulo Fonseca and Lucien Favre, who each held initial talks with the club last week.
    (90 Min)


  • Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will look to clear out at least five players from his squad when the transfer window opens in January.
    (Sun)


  • Antonio Conte has reportedly rejected the chance to take over as Newcastle manager as he is holding out for the Manchester United role to become available.
    (Sun)



INTERNATIONAL STUFF

  • England have been hit with an unprecedented stadium ban as punishment for the crowd trouble at the European Championship final, forcing at least one game to be played behind closed doors and costing the Football Association up to £5m in lost revenue.
    (Daily Telegraph)



OTHER STUFF

  • Chelsea are willing to make England midfielder Mason Mount one of their top earners as the club prepare to open contract talks with the 22-year-old.
    (Goal)


  • Atletico Madrid and England right-back Kieran Trippier, 31, who was heavily linked with a move to Manchester United in the summer, has said he would "love" to play in the Premier League again.
    (Daily Mirror)


  • European Super League chiefs are planning a second launch with numerous changes to rules, including no permanent membership and two tiers with 20 clubs each, all based on domestic qualification.
    (Daily Mirror)


  • A Saudi Arabian airline is favourite to become Newcastle's new sponsor after the favoured option of Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman's "Vision 2030" project was scuppered by Monday's Premier League vote.
    (Daily Telegraph)




















Source BBCSport/SkySports
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"