0 users online

Football Rumours on March 24th March 2012

last updated Saturday 24th March 2012, 8:47 AM


Football rumours from today's newspapers

  • Real Madrid have made Arsenal striker Robin van Persie their number one summer target and are prepared to pay £25m to snap up the Dutchman.
    (Daily Express)

  • Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has rubbished rumours he is set for a summer switch to Real Madrid and says he wants to stay with his current club for a "long time".
    (The Sun)

  • Tottenham Hotspur have emerged as strong favourites to clinch the signature of Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi at the end of the season.
    (talkSPORT)

  • Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish wants £5million-rated Heerenveen and Holland Under-21 star Bas Dost, who is the top scorer in the Dutch League with 22 goals so far this season. But they face competition from Valencia, who see him as a probable replacement for £20m-rated Roberto Soldado.
    (Daily Mirror)

  • Manchester City have joined rivals Manchester United in the race to snap up Crystal Palace right-back Nathaniel Clyne.
    (Daily Mail)

  • Montpellier defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, a target for Arsenal and Newcastle, has refused to sign a new contract at the Stade de la Mosson and admitted he could leave in the summer.
    (insidefutbol)



    OTHER GOSSIP



  • Liverpool will open contract talks with their star striker Luis Suarez in the summer, according to managing director Iain Ayre.
    (Metro)

  • Manchester United's summer transfer plans could be hampered by the decision by the club's owners, the Glazer family, to delay a partial stock market flotation until the autumn.
    (Daily Telegraph)

  • Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed Jack Wilshere could make his first-team return in five weeks, meaning the midfielder should be available for England duty at Euro 2012.
    (Daily Mirror)

  • Fulham boss Martin Jol admits he is relieved he turned down the chance to become Sir Alex Ferguson's number two at Manchester United eight years ago.
    (The Sun)

  • Former France World Cup winner and Real Madrid sporting director Zinedine Zidane says it is only a matter of time before he becomes a coach.
    (insidefutbol)



    AND FINALLY



  • League One leaders Charlton Athletic have turned down the chance to sign 39-year-old ex-Barcelona and AC Milan midfielder Rivaldo on a free transfer. The Brazil 2002 World Cup winner is currently playing for Angolan side Kabuscorp.
    (Daily Mail)




















  • Source BBC Sport
    Since 1998
    "It's been updated!"