4 users online

infovavacascom, supinfotrcom, konuspornews, apkgaarcom

Fabio Carvalho is open to a shock return to Fulham

last updated Sunday 17th December 2023, 3:08 PM


Fulham Football Club


midfielder Fabio Carvalho
Fulham midfielder
Fabio Carvalho
More
Fabio Carvalho
Stories
His Wiki page
Liverpool want to recall Fabio Carvalho from his loan spell with RB Leipzig but the Bundesliga club are holding firm despite his lack of minutes so far this season

Fabio Carvalho is open to a shock return to Fulham - if Liverpool are able to recall him from his loan spell at RB Leipzig.

The Reds have opened formal dialogue with the Bundesliga club as they're currently unhappy with Carvalho's lack of minutes in Germany so far this season.

However, Leipzig have reaffirmed that the 21-year-old remains part of their plans for the remainder of the campaign even though the deal does not include a permanent transfer clause. Leipzig sporting director Rouven Schroder is not prepared to entertain talk of a possible termination, stating in midweek: “These are typical power games that ultimately emerge."

Liverpool would ideally like to send Carvalho on loan to another club for the second half of the season - where regular playing time is on offer - for the benefit of his development.

Sources close to the player have disclosed that the Portuguese playmaker would be open to rejoining former club Fulham - confirming that there has also been interest from the Cottagers.

Marco Silva is not thought to be prioritising the signing of an attacking midfielder, however, as free-scoring Fulham are already well-stocked in the creativity department.

Carvalho, sold to Liverpool in a deal worth up to £7million in 2022, came through the ranks in west London and spent seven years with the club, winning the Championship title in 2022.

Fulham boss Silva was recently quizzed on potential interest in his former player, a question he dodged ahead of the 4-3 defeat at Anfield earlier this month. He said: “It’s not for me to talk about it. Liverpool bought him, that’s for Jurgen and Liverpool to talk about."

Liverpool are still thought to be counting on Carvalho for the future after rejecting a £10million permanent bid from Leipzig for his services in the summer. Burnley have also previously shown interest in the attacker, who is unlikely to be short of options if he returns to Merseyside this winter.

Carvalho completed 90 minutes for Leipzig on Wednesday night for the first time this season as they beat Young Boys 2-1 in the Champions League. Speaking back in the summer, Carvalho raised fears he may not make the grade under Jurgen Klopp at Anfield as the pair do not have a close personal relationship.

When asked if he'd spoken to the Liverpool boss ahead of his loan to Germany, he explained: "I don’t really speak to him, to be fair. He didn’t really give me any advice. I just had to learn as I go, and I feel that is better for me to mature anyway."

Carvalho also added: "I feel like the reason it hasn’t worked at Liverpool is because of the position I have been playing on the left, which is not really my position.

"I was told I’d come in and play as a 10, but we don’t really play with a 10. Whereas here [at Leipzig] we play with two 10s. And it's more I'm able to get on the inside, I'm able to turn and go forward. So I'd probably say that's the reason it hasn't worked out."



















Source Ryan Taylor at Daily Mirror
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"