5 users online

MST

Boa Morte up before beak on the 10th

last updated Monday 08th December 2003, 11:31 PM
Fulham's Luis Boa Morte will have a personal hearing into his improper conduct charge (breach of FA Rule E1) on Wednesday, December 10.

Fulham midfielder Luis Boa Morte
Fulham midfielder
Luis Boa Morte
Luis Boa Morte stories
The charge refers to an incident involving Frank Sinclair during the Premiership match at home to Leicester on October 4.

Fulham manager Chris Coleman is hoping Luis Boa Morte will escape a second suspension after Leicester's Frank Sinclair came to his defence following an on-field spat between the pair last month.

The incident went unnoticed at the time but Boa Morte was later cited as a result of video evidence.

But the Leicester defender has spoken up on his behalf and Coleman is full of praise for his actions.

"I think it will be okay. The FA have been pretty good and I think Frank Sinclair helped out as well by the fact he said it was handbags stuff," said the Fulham boss on Friday.

He believes that Sinclair's response marks him out as a rarity in the dog-eat-dog world of modern-day football.

"It never happens any more and you have to take your hat off to Frank. He's a strong, rugged defender and he's shown his true colours there.

"He's come out and stuck up for Boa when I'm quite sure other players wouldn't and would have made a meal of it. But he didn't, he got on with it," said Coleman."
Source
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"