1 users online

MT

Boa Morte out for the summer

last updated Tuesday 30th April 2002, 7:04 PM
Fulham Portuguese forward Luis Boa Morte has been ruled out of this summer's World Cup finals.

     
  Fulham Portuguese forward Luis Boa Morte  
  Fulham Portuguese forward Luis Boa Morte has been ruled out of this summer's World Cup finals.
 
 
Luis Boa Morte Profile
Luis Boa Morte Stories
 
The jet-heeled striker is struggling with a knee injury and he is set to be out of action for a couple of months meaning he will miss the chance to travel to the Far East.

The former Arsenal and Southampton star has suffered sprained medial ligaments and has been told by doctors that he needs to rest the problems for up to eight weeks.

Boa Morte has won four caps for Portugal, scoring one goal in a win against Angola last year, and he had hoped to be part of Antonio Oliveira's squad for Japan and South Korea, but his dreams have been dashed.

The 24-year-old was disappointed at hearing that he faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

"I've had the results back now and it looks like I'll be laid up for a couple of months," said Boa Morte. "I'll have to rest it initially and do some muscle work around the knee.

"Hopefully if everything goes right, then I can be back for the first week of pre-season training.

"We have to take everything carefully so that we don't cause any further damage, but it means I'll be doing a lot of work over the summer."
Source Planetfootball
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"