1 users online

Californian

Boa Morte agent says no deal yet

last updated Thursday 10th May 2001, 4:07 PM
Luis Boa Morte's agent has denied reports from Portugal claiming the striker is on his way to Benfica.

The 24-year-old Southampton striker, who has spent a successful season on loan with First Division champions Fulham, had been linked with a £1.5million return home.

But the player's agent Amadeu Paixco said the reports were incorrect and that discussions would continue between Boa Morte and Fulham when he returned from the club's tour of the United States next week.

"We've told Fulham to wait a week until Luis gets back and then we'll continue to talk about his future," he added.

The Portuguese sports daily A Bola carried reports on Thursday that Boa Morte was to move to Benfica, putting a price of £1.5m on the move.

Boa Morte, who last month made his debut for Portugal against France, has scored 21 goals for the Cottagers this season, making him the club's second-top scorer after Louis Saha.

Boa Morte previously played for Arsenal before his move to Southampton.
Source football365
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"