0 users online

Football Rumours on Saturday 25th June 2011

last updated Saturday 25th June 2011, 9:31 AM


Football rumours from today's newspapers

  • Arsenal are close to agreeing a deal to sign Velez Sarsfield midfielder Ricardo Alvarez, according to the president of Italian side Palermo. Maurizio Zamparini said: "At this moment he has already signed for the Gunners."
    (Metro)

  • AC Milan want to sign five Chelsea players this summer, with Nicolas Anelka, Alex, Salomon Kalou, Didier Drogba and Michael Essien all wanted by Milan vice president Adriano Galliani.
    (talkSPORT)

  • Liverpool are ready to offer Brazilian midfielder Diego an escape route out of Werder Bremen. Diego was handed a huge fine this week for storming out of the team hotel before the last game of the season.
    (CaughtOffside)

  • Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is keen to lure Paris Saint-Germain's Turkish international Mevlut Erdinc and AIK Stockholm's striker Teteh Bangura to St James' Park. Full story: the Mirror But PSG - who are now bankrolled by Qatar Sports Investments (QSI) - are keen on strengthening their squad and have started the bidding for QPR playmaker Adel Taarabt at £10m.
    (talkSPORT)

  • New Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish has set his sights on ADO Den Haag's Wesley Verhoek as he searches for a replacement for Ashley Young.
    (talkSPORT)

  • But McLeish will not be allowed to spend all of the £20m Manchester United paid for Young on bringing in new players.
    (Daily Express)

  • Stewart Downing could become the next big name to leave Aston Villa as he wants to join Liverpool.
    (The Mirror)

  • Liverpool are close to agreeing a double deal for Aston Villa's Stewart Downing and Blackpool's Charlie Adam.
    (The Times)

  • Samir Nasri has given Arsenal hope he may be willing to stay at the club by agreeing to talks with manager Arsene Wenger over a new contract.
    (Daily Telegraph)

  • Newcastle have yet to receive any offers for midfielder Joey Barton, who had previously indicated he was on his way out of the club.
    (Daily Star)

  • West Ham midfielder Radoslav Kovac has become the latest departure post-relegation, joining Swiss side FC Basel.
    (Daily Mail)

  • Wolves are interested in Manchester United defender Jonny Evans.
    (Daily Mail)

  • Blackburn are ready to pay a club record £11m for Roma striker Mirko Vucinic.
    (The Sun)
OTHER GOSSIP
  • The judge who rejected Tottenham's legal attempts to block West Ham's move to the London Olympic Stadium has warned them against a "knee-jerk" appeal against his decision.
    (Daily Telegraph)

  • Guus Hiddink blew his chance of a return to Stamford Bridge as Chelsea manager because he insisted on bringing Ray Wilkins back to the club if he got the job.
    (The Independent)

  • Everton striker Louis Saha is sleeping in an oxygen tent to help him recover from an ankle injury in time to train for the new season.
    (Daily Star)

  • Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell says he would love to be part of a Great Britain Olympic football team next year. "The chance to win an Olympic medal would be amazing," said the 20-year-old.
    (The Sun)
AND FINALLY
  • League One side Leyton Orient are enjoying a holiday of a lifetime on chairman Barry Hearn in Las Vegas as a reward for their FA Cup draw with Arsenal back in February.
    (Daily Mail)
























Source football rumours
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"