Fulham FC Messageboard

posted by
Tall Paul (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Friday 20th May 2022, 9:20 PM

Just a thought what about Aaron Ramsey….he is rattling around at the moment…. Could be worse players!
Replies
If he’s end of contract, Fulham will be sniffing. Seems like we are on the lookout for end of contract bargains. I believe Frederick might be back for free. How many right backs to do we need?!
posted by JohnC (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 9:30 PM

His salary at Rangers is £7m per an, can we afford that?. He is also 31 and is he better than Tom Cairney who is also 31?
posted by The Time Is Now - Saturday 21st May 2022, 11:19 AM

posted by
Tall Paul (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Friday 20th May 2022, 9:20 PM

Just a thought what about Aaron Ramsey….he is rattling around at the moment…. Could be worse players!

posted by
The Time Is Now

previous posts

posted on
Friday 20th May 2022, 4:01 PM

The Summer transfer market is expected to open on Friday, June 10, though most international deals will not go through until July 1
Replies
Looking forward to hopefully watching Man City win the Premier league Plenty of Exiting matches for us next season with lots of London Derby’s
posted by John H (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 5:46 PM

And only 9 trips to the North of London. Virtually playing 29 games in London and the South!
posted by Tony R (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 7:06 PM

posted by
974 Previous Post (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Friday 20th May 2022, 2:44 PM

More Gettysburg from the General Isimo...
Replies
Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup Dandelion Time, yup
posted by Dan (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 3:22 PM

Cow Pie? Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted by Desperado Dan (Guest) - Saturday 21st May 2022, 4:49 AM

posted by
Malden Mick (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Friday 20th May 2022, 12:36 PM

On the other Fulham supporters club site, called VOY Fulham, they keep coming up with various rumours of players that we are going to sign, but there is nothing like this on our site. Do they know something that we don't know, or is it pure speculation. Today's latest is Ryan Fredricks returning from West Ham on a free. I can't say that I am over exited about that.
Replies
Rejected staying with us and negligible Premier League experiance. All the qualities we are looking for.
posted by T.NO (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 1:10 PM

As one says pure speculation,but should we sign the likes of Fredericks it just shows our ambition, or lack of it.
posted by Kunye (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 2:18 PM

https://the72.co.uk/273718/fulham-set-to-sign-west-hams-ryan-fredericks/
posted by MT - Friday 20th May 2022, 2:31 PM

Why are we looking at Frederick's, when he showed no loyalty to us before, and he is no longer a West Ham regular, and he has also become injury prone. What's wrong with Neco and Tete. Fredricks, thanks, but no thanks.
posted by A C (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 3:21 PM

As usual the rumours are flying around. I guess the papers have got to fill their columns with something. Fredericks always looked a pretty decent player to me if that story is true. I have no problems with former players coming back provided they are good enough. I remember at least two of our all time greats returning with some success, Bobby Robson and Alan Mullery. Moreover they both came back as more mature and experienced players.
posted by Ancient Chris (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 3:23 PM

This if confirmed, and with other freebie suggestions is concerning, if true. Would hardly have thought Marco Silva would be delighted with another right back who is a decided downgrade on the two who have played at the end of this year. Would mean that Williams will not be signed or Tete is off to pastures new. Feel we need to keep Silva's and coaches at FFC to stand a fighting chance next season, the silence on Seri is ominous, quality footballers give you a chance, we need a squad of players who can compete. Do hope all this is paper talk, although thought I heard from Tony that major spending was not an option. Fulham 6/4 to be relegated.
posted by denny (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 3:25 PM

A club with all frebie signings = religation fodder. Another Norwich.
posted by seagulls (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 3:45 PM

A club with all frebie signings = religation fodder. Another Norwich.
posted by seagulls (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 3:45 PM

5/8 yrs time ground sold for luxery flats. Fulham a 2nd div: team will be playng at Brentford or QPR
posted by Hoops (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 3:49 PM

Not looking good on the gossip transfer front, more speculative freebies.Silva eulogised about muniz a complete W O S for what 8/10m
posted by Putney Pete (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 3:55 PM

Frebie, luxery? Come on ladies , get it right !
posted by Mal (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 5:15 PM

I seem to remember Fredricks used to terrorise defences, he is still only 29 and a Silva sort of player. A good acquisition I think.
posted by The Time Is Now - Saturday 21st May 2022, 11:23 AM

posted by
A C (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Friday 20th May 2022, 12:30 PM

Now that Milton Keynes has been made a City, I wonder if they will change the football teams name to Milton Keynes City, instead of MK Dons, which I thought was a rip off from Wimbledon anyway ?
Replies
Hardly a rip off AC, it was the same team, they just moved home. Wimbledon AFC was founded later out of the fall-out.
posted by MT - Friday 20th May 2022, 2:28 PM

posted by
MT

previous posts

posted on
Friday 20th May 2022, 10:28 AM

The Jacksonville Jaguars and Gallagher, one of the world's largest insurance brokerage, risk management and consulting firms, today confirmed its multi-year partnership in both Jacksonville and London. Gallagher now becomes the official insurance brokerage partner and risk management partner of the team and other entities owned by Jaguars Owner Shad Khan, including Flex-N-Gate, All Elite Wrestling (AEW), Fulham FC and Bold Events. Additionally, Gallagher will become a Jaguar Jamboree Corporate Partner. Full story at https://www.jaguars.com/news/jacksonville-jaguars-gallagher-announce-multi-year-partnership
Replies
A Jaguar Jamboree Corporate partner? The hard working loss adjusters at Gallahar must be creaming themselves at the prospect. Discounted foam fingers and clappers all round.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 2:29 PM

Hi Pat. So we e got a new broker. Whoopee. Hope their RM division extends to player recruitment else once again we’ll have more rickety old dogs than Battersea Dogs Home. Have a Black Bush on me old mate, and a drink to go with it. Ari
posted by Ari on mobile (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 5:53 PM

Long time no see Ari, hope you're behaving. Was reading an article on the Bill Williams mountain men the other day. I can see you on the beaver trail. I prefer another type of fur trapping myself ;-). Will do mate. Black Bush Causeway Collection too, no mucking about, aged in Ruby port casks, the Bush that is, not me. No chance of invading the pitch after a couple of those. Tipping down here in leafy West London today so I'll warm the innards. Slainte!!
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 6:09 PM

Slainte mhath Pat. That version of Bushmills sounds the business. Perhaps my top lip won’t go numb after a few large ones. Makes kissing a bit hit and Miss.
posted by Ari on mobile (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 7:44 PM

I've had better offers! No tongues mind, I'm not a tramp.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 8:19 PM

posted by
The Judge (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Friday 20th May 2022, 8:49 AM

What is wrong with these morons who go on the pitch, whatever the reason it is wrong and a criminal offence, don’t do it. If you are one of these idiots or have done this before, change your behaviour fast.
Replies
I've never run (or walked for that matter) onto a football pitch other than the one I was playing on at the time but have to admit that, I was in the "let them have their moment" category however, after the incident up at Forest, I have changed my mind and in today's society how long before terrorists target ethnic players and use weapons to make their points? I agree, it has to stop and Stewards need to be a) paid more, b) be selected like bouncers at nightclubs and c) have the prevention of pitch invasions in their contracts of employments.
posted by MT - Friday 20th May 2022, 8:54 AM

Agree. One or two idiots ruin it for everyone else, but that’s how it is
posted by Dellers (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 12:01 PM

Think British players would have more to worry about than ethnic players MT. Pitch invasions been going on for years with varying degrees of violence all over the world. Google Linfield v Belfast Celtic. Think some of you snowflakes should lighten up., A proper deterrent for kicking off and being an idiot should suffice. If six months in the scrubs doesn't do it then a season ticket at QPR should be ample. I imagine traffic wise the prevailing footfall will be for the exits there.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 2:23 PM

Paddy what happens when someone gets stabbed and dies - ethnic or not? I would suggest that scenario is not beyond belief and closer than we'd like to admit.
posted by MT - Friday 20th May 2022, 2:29 PM

MT good to see your changed your view on this topic. This is out of control. Also, just think how the wives and families of the players, refs and coaches feel seeing 1000's fans chasing and grabbing their loved ones - even mostly in good spirit. I have seen fans in the lower non-league clubs running onto the pitch (players not famous therefore probably less likely be targeted) but never in a premier league game like last night at Everton! i don't think the stewards can stop them. too many fans. Not sure how to stop this craze either. The FA and police need to issue some warnings ahead of this weekend's final games. It will be a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt or killed.
posted by JohnC (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 3:13 PM

Someone gets stabbed then the perpetrator gets life. On the bright side we will benefit from the ticket sale. A pitch invasion might happen every few years so Johnny Taliban will now be buying a season ticket on the off chance will he? He could of course wander down any High St on a Saturday or one of our wonderful free to enter museums and go about his business for nothing. No queue for the toilet at half time either. I just think you should lighten up and let people on the very very odd occasion have some sort of life experience. You're more likely to get mugged in Bishops Park by an oik using a rolled up clapper as a Millwall brick. Now there's something I'm all for banning, THOSE FECKING CLAPPERS!?!?!?
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 5:21 PM

What we need are fences around the pitch to prevent idiots getting onto the sacred turf, what could possibly go wrong?
posted by Bobby (Guest) - Saturday 21st May 2022, 12:40 AM

I know you are joking about fences, but they may be the only answer as we have already seen the inherent danger of pitch invasions. They would be cheaper than getting a lot more stewards.
posted by The Time Is Now - Saturday 21st May 2022, 11:27 AM

Yep, nice spiky razor wire ones to keep the players safe. They could put high viz jackets on every seat along with the clappers. I've been to games where a 50 ft brick wall would be the preferred option, such was the lethargy on the pitch. Of course the axe wielding terrorist could save his season ticket money by getting a job as a steward and get paid whilst invading the pitch. Should be simple enough.. The criteria seems to be the similar to the Met.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Saturday 21st May 2022, 12:56 PM

posted by
Brian Jarvis (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 19th May 2022, 10:31 PM

What a magnificent performance for Burnley at Villa Park tonight by Nick Pope Burnley's keeper, and I hope that the rumour that he might join us next season, has some substance.
Replies
20m it wont break the bank and it would be a fantstic buy. a far better prospect than the no marks being discussed at the moment.
posted by Kunye (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 10:48 PM

Everton are safe after a miraculous come back last night. Leeds are away to Brentford and Burnley home to Newcastle. Both difficult games but if I was a betting man I would bet on two draws and Leeds going down on goal difference. If that happens, Pope will go nowhere....
posted by MT - Friday 20th May 2022, 6:46 AM

Newcastle will hammer Burnley.
posted by The Time Is Now - Friday 20th May 2022, 8:36 AM

Can’t see Leeds getting a draw or a win at Brentford. Can’t believe Leeds having 2 good seasons in the prem end up back in the championship!! Just shows the squad depth required to stay.
posted by JohnC (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 8:44 AM

Well, two defeats will have the same result unless there is a 21 goal swing ;0))
posted by MT - Friday 20th May 2022, 8:56 AM

Tkick bollock and bite leeds side will cripple Brentford and win
posted by cottager (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 3:15 PM

posted by
MT

previous posts

posted on
Thursday 19th May 2022, 3:53 PM

On Wednesday 11 May at 13:00, the Fulham Supporters’ Trust met with Fulham FC via video conference.

The Club was represented by:

Alistair Mackintosh (CEO, AM)
Darren Preston (Chief Operating Officer, DP)
Carmelo Mifsud (Communications Director, CM)
Nicola Walworth (Supporter Relations Manager, NW)
Eleanor Rowland, (Head of Safeguarding, ER)
David Daly (Non-Executive Director, DD)
The FST was represented by Board Members:

Ian Clarke (Vice Chair, IC)
Simon Duke (Secretary, SD)
Dan Crawford (Board Member, DC)
Tamara Dragadze (Board Member, TD)
Amelia Armstrong (Co-opted Board Member, AA)

INTRODUCTION
Congratulations and thanks
On behalf of the Trust and the wider Fulham fanbase, IC offered congratulations to Marco Silva, the first team squad, coaching staff and Club officials on winning the EFL Championship and promotion back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

The Trust also recorded our recognition of a fantastic season at all levels of football, congratulating Steve Wigley and the Club’s under 23 side on winning the Premier League 2 Division 2 title and heading back to the top flight, and recognized the achievement of Ali Melloul’s under 18 team who reached the final of the Premier League Cup. The success of Fulham’s Women was also noted, with Steve Jaye’s team finishing the campaign very strongly.

In response to feedback, thanks were given to the Club for the way in which supporters have been assisted during the season, with particular mentions for Katy Brecht and her team in the ticket office and Nicola Walworth, Supporter Relations Manager.

IC congratulated the Club on the way in which the final game against Luton had been handled and the atmosphere created. The general view was that the scarves had been an excellent idea.

AM, on behalf of the Board and the Manager, thanked the Trust for their support during the season and the supporter base in general for the atmosphere created at the Cottage. The Trust have been asked to share with the Club any ideas we may have around atmosphere generation for next season. DC has offered to form a small working group to help the Club keep the atmosphere the same next season.

Planning for 2022/23 season
DC asked about progress in pre-season planning. AM reported that the Club were in the final stages of putting together their full fixture list and announcements would soon be forthcoming. The Trust reiterated the importance of early publication of friendly details to allow supporters to book their travel abroad. AM confirmed that Fulham would be holding a home pre-season friendly at Craven Cottage on 31st July, a week prior to the start of the Premier League campaign.

Following questions from members, DC asked about the recent decision to extend the contracts of Tim Ream and Neeskens Kebano. AM replied by saying that, whilst he was reluctant to discuss the contractual situations of individual players, he felt it would be fair to recognise this pair’s professionalism, dedication and excellent performances and that we should be proud to have them both playing for Fulham Football Club.

In response to a question, AM confirmed that the process of identifying possible transfer targets continued to have 4 key components as Tony Khan previously explained: Data, Scouting, Head Coach and Finance.

TICKETING
Season tickets
Referring to the recent announcement of season ticket prices in the “horseshoe” (parts of the ground not including the new Riverside Stand), IC thanked the Club for a price model which was considered by the Trust and the majority of supporters who had provided feedback to be very fair, particularly as there had been some concern following the earlier announcement of Riverside prices. We asked for an update on season ticket sales and plans for memberships and match day tickets next season.

AM said that season ticket sales were progressing well, with approximately 2,000 new season tickets already sold in addition to renewals. He reported that all season tickets in the lower tier of the new Riverside Stand had been sold and there was now a waiting list. The only match by match seats likely to be available in the lower Riverside next season will be returns via the ticket exchange.

Memberships and match by match tickets
AM further explained that it is the Club’s intention to keep selling season tickets at present, noting the requirement for a minimum of 5% of home capacity to be kept back for match day sales. At the present time there is no update available on membership packages or match by match ticket sales as these depend on the progress of season ticket sales. The Trust asked that these be shared as soon as possible.

Loyalty points
Loyalty points were briefly discussed and it was agreed IC/DC would revert to the Club with the observations of the Trust.

Away tickets
It is expected, although not yet confirmed, that Premier League away tickets will continue to be capped at £30 next season. IC noted that this will mean home and away supporters paying different prices for similar seats next season (for example in the Putney End), as has been the case in the Premier League this year. AM agreed, pointing out that Fulham away travellers will benefit from this scheme.

Other
IC reported the Trust are happy to continue to assist the Club in any way possible on ticketing, particularly reviewing the user journey through both website and app.

FEMALE SUPPORTERS / #HerGameToo
ER thanked the Trust for their presentation last month, which had been shared with her by AM. ER said the piece of work was very informative and helps clarify why women may or may not attend Fulham games. This fits in with work already going on at the Club, which includes an internal workflow to develop women’s involvement both directly within the workplace and across the wider supporter base. A 3-year strategy is being developed and ER has asked AA for support from the Trust to develop this piece of work. ER and AA will have separate discussions outside of the formal monthly meetings with the Club.

ER also reported that in 2019, female season ticket holders / members accounted for 15% of the fan base, based on the supporters’ survey. This will be re-run early next season where it is hoped there will be an improvement in this percentage.

DC reported that AA had been co-opted to the FST Board to develop work in the area of female engagement. AA wants to set up a female FFC supporters network and ER confirmed the Club would be supportive of a visit to Motspur Park to hold interviews with both female staff and FFC Women’s players.

DC commented how well received the involvement of Mary Southgate had been in the trophy presentation.

AWAY TRAVEL & FAN BEHAVIOUR
DC recounted the experiences of Fulham supporters, some of whom are Trust members, at the recent away games against Derby County & Sheffield United. Behaviour mirrored that seen at most away games during the season. DC included his personal experience at Sheffield, where he did not feel safe. The behaviour of certain followers of the Club is not acceptable, and a number of supporters are now becoming afraid to travel. The discussion then moved on to cover similar problems seen in the Hammersmith End at home fixtures where the main issue, brought up by the Trust, is Club / agency stewards not keeping gangways clear to prevent bundling forward. It was felt by the Trust that fan behaviour was becoming a real issue for the Club.

AM commented that there was a vast majority of amazing experiences during the campaign in regards to fan behaviour. The Club of course acknowledges and recognises that there have been a number of exceptions. The treatment received by some individuals resulting in their negative experience is not acceptable. Getting stewards into away grounds is not always possible and requires the agreement of the home club. It is a minority causing the problem but this minority is having an impact. The Club does not wish to lose loyal supporters due to the behaviour of others.

Abuse of stewards is also not acceptable and by way of example AM gave details of a recent incident involving a female steward.

Safety of spectators is paramount and if a solution to the behaviour issues at away games cannot be found then AM said capacity at away games could be cut by authorities as a last resort.

In terms of what the Club are doing about it, AM reported that with DP he has met with the Police and it is clear this is not just an issue for our Club. The Trust are aware of this from our participation in FSA forums and Police liaison groups. On a calibration basis, the issues the Club face are not as great as the majority of clubs but that does not mean it is acceptable. For Fulham there is an increase in poor behaviour from a fairly low start point whereas other clubs are seeing much larger increases in poor behaviour from a higher start point. Where individuals can be identified, AM reported action will be taken including banning orders. AM & DP are working with Chris Baker, Head of Safety, to see what else can be done.

AM re-iterated that if the Trust had any ideas on how fan behaviour can be improved, they would like us to share them.

IC has offered to head a group of people to consider what could be done to improve the away experience.

It was noted that the Club are presently advertising for stewards.

CRAVEN COTTAGE
A number of issues relating to Craven Cottage were discussed, based on feedback received across the season from a wide range of supporters.

Hammersmith End congestion
Congestion on the concourse at the Hammersmith End continues to be an issue. DP reported that the Club are undertaking a video analysis at the start of next season to observe people’s movement on match days to see what could be done to improve experience. IC suggested that consultants should be engaged to look at improving usage of the limited available space and questioned whether the mound should be removed and if a mezzanine floor might be an option. Other suggestions made included moving the bars away from the stairs and reconfiguring and upgrading the toilets. It is likely space will increase slightly around the George Cohen statue as the new Riverside Stand opens, where ticket checks will be where they were for the old Riverside Stand.

Female toilets
Female toilets remain an issue and this will be progressed by ER/AA as part of their Female workstream.

Screens (Johnny Haynes Stand)
TD asked whether screens could be installed in the JH stand for those who cannot see the large screens. This becomes important next season when VAR will be in use. DP has undertaken to look at this but reminded the meeting that due to its listed status, works in the JH stand can be challenging.

Sound system
DP has agreed to look at the question of the sound system again. Trust attendees reported that the sound is muffled in most parts of the ground and that, in particular, it is impossible to hear the Forever Fulham presentations at half time.

Other
DP has agreed to a request from DC to have a review walk around the ground over the summer.

AOB
Sky broadcasts
In response to a question about why the away support often seems louder on Sky transmissions than the home support, the Club said whilst they were not aware, this was likely to be due to the way the broadcasters position their equipment.

Mohamed Al Fayed
A member had asked whether the Club were still in contact with Mohamed Al Fayed and whether it would be appropriate to recognise him in some way. AM said that whilst MAF had not been a visitor to Craven Cottage, Mark Collins and Michael Cole were regular visitors and Karim Al Fayed, MAF’s son, had been to a few games.

Next meeting
There will be no Club meeting in June; the next meeting will be in July.

Meeting closed at 14:50
Replies
I have read these minutes before and am very upset that we now have as many nasties as everybody else. There is no sign the club is going to do anything about it, I suppose they believe a paying customer is a paying customer.
posted by The Time Is Now - Thursday 19th May 2022, 9:09 PM

Agree TTIN I had read them and thought the same. A sad indictment of society. But our club must deal with this as best they can.
posted by The Judge (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 8:45 AM

posted by
Ernie (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 19th May 2022, 10:03 AM

I say it as it is, I’m pleased the Scotch got beat last night, just as they would have been if an English club had been beaten. Let us have a vote on Scotch independence, they will get it in a landslide
Replies
Better still, give us a vote on English independence
posted by Ernie (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 10:04 AM

Isn’t that a fiery drink Ernie?
posted by Realistic (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 12:33 PM

Yes Realistic it is, but it’s also what them North of the Border like to be known as
posted by Ernie (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 12:41 PM

The trouble with the scots and welsh, have their own parliments, still want to sit at westminster and rely on permenamt hand outs from the english
posted by Cottager (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 12:56 PM

Ernie you say it as it isn't as usual. They are Scots not Scotch, that is a a beverage as Realistic points out. Methinks you have been partaking a wee dram too many already today. If you have any doubts trying asking them face to face, they will tell you I'm sure.
posted by Bobby (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 1:02 PM

I'm a Bushmills man myself. And we spell it properly. What a couple of verses of the Shash? Hic!
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 1:09 PM

Think you'll find that Rangers fans are pro-UK and consider themselves British - unlike the other lot!! I would agree if it was Celtic that'd been beaten but Rangers, I would like to have seen win...
posted by MT - Thursday 19th May 2022, 1:13 PM

You make a point. It’s religion that unites us. Who’d have thought it:))
posted by Realistic (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 1:50 PM

Mass braws with the Rangers fans in Glasgow and Seville last night. Like the relief of Mafeking with Smirnoff Ice. Makes you proud to be British to still be able to show Johnny Foreigner what's what. Almost brought a tear to my glass eye. 'Send her victorious!'.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 3:50 PM

Realistic I do hope you were being ironic.. although I guess it was religion that gave us so many football teams of today and why there are more than one in each city. Historically Man Utd - Catholic, Man City Protestant. Liverpool/Everton, Celtic/Rangers etc etc I'm sure there are many more examples.
posted by Bobby (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 10:41 PM

They kicked out the independent vote once and the poisoned dwarf will be stopped again the jocks know where there best interests are. And it’s not going solo personally I would set them free from uk shackles !!
posted by John h (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 11:28 PM

Rangers are the Everton of Glasgow as are Man City the dregs of Manchester ditto millwall the dregs of London might be too much for some of you to work out ( by the way add Leeds to that list bad lads
posted by John h (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 11:36 PM

Yep, guess I was and a little bit tongue in cheek. It’s the age old tribalism I guess. Human beings(men most) seem to pin their competitiveness to almost anything. At least applying our differences to a sport does,in the main, avoid violence. Although sadly not for the more extreme of us. Even in this ‘woke’ world I don’t suppose too much will change. Pity.
posted by Realistic (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 7:08 AM

Busmills?you 'avin a larf its Paddy everytime
posted by 007 (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 8:54 AM

Surely, whilst appreciating Irish Whisky pedigree, it has to be The Macallan? Alternatively, Yamasaki.
posted by Mortlake (Guest) - Friday 20th May 2022, 10:15 AM

posted by
Philmidd (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 19th May 2022, 9:56 AM

Just read the notes from the latest meeting. It seems we are getting more trouble from some of our fan’s especially away. This is very disappointing. I hope they can weed them out and ban them.
Replies
I am afraid the young undesirable that were driven out by all seater stadiums and tougher policing and sentencing are returning. We always had a minimum of such people but as we become more successful we get more. I am sure the introduction of standing areas in some grounds will add to the problem, why we should avoid it at all costs.
posted by The Time Is Now - Thursday 19th May 2022, 10:21 AM

Don't agree TTIN; it's a sign of the times and what comes with a ban on corporal punishment!!
posted by MT - Thursday 19th May 2022, 1:15 PM

See the ‘ gentleman’ who assaulted Billy Sharpe got a few months behind bars wasn’t long enough but then it never is !
posted by John H (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 2:20 PM

Bring back standing will bring back unrest in stadiums at least there’s some control now that will end
posted by John h (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 11:39 PM

posted by
True blue (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 19th May 2022, 9:53 AM

Maybe the FA should form a new league called the YO YO. Fulham Norwich Watford Burnley Leeds Huddersfield Bournmouth AV Shef U Brentford and maybe a couple of others,as this lot could never hack it in the Premiership as long as they have a hole in their A...

posted by
True blue (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 19th May 2022, 9:53 AM

Maybe the FA should form a new league called the YO YO. Fulham Norwich Watford Burnley Leeds Huddersfield Bournmouth AV Shef U Brentford and maybe a couple of others,as this lot could never hack it in the Premiership as long as they have a hole in their A...
Replies
True blue there might be room for one more next season if the lodgers can’t find an owner and get there licence revoked in June and greaves once said it’s a funny old game !!!
posted by John h (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 11:43 PM

posted by
Flaged Up (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Wednesday 18th May 2022, 9:17 PM

Couldn't the Liverpool fans use that great Ulster anthem "The Sash My Father Wore"?

posted by
Rich of Cambridge (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Wednesday 18th May 2022, 4:26 PM

The fans who booed our national anthem are a disgrace to the game. Why boo Prince William when he was shaking hands with your side prior to kick off? The club has been present not on one night of disater, but two when many were killed untimely. The club was once the top side in this country but has not won much since Bob Paisley (their most successful Manager). The mad German ought to condemn those who booed our national anthem, would he like it if the English fans booed the German national anthem at internationals - by the way the German national anthem is exactly the same as when Adolf Hitler was alive, only they sing different verses!
Replies
Oswald Mosley was alive and we haven't changed ours.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 5:01 PM

Not won much since Bob Paisley? Get your facts right ! Champions league winners amongst many other trophies, idiot !
posted by Jim (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 5:06 PM

What does discrace mean ?
posted by Tim nice but dim (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 5:43 PM

And that German is one of the sanest voices around.
posted by Old Bloke (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 6:13 PM

Guess you don’t like Liverpool very much. That’s fine. But comparing a few boos with hitler, or only because they have a German coach is completely over the top don’t you think? Yes a bit disrespectful to boo (on anything really) and not helping the club. Some fans are still stuck on the sun newspaper headline blaming the fans for the Hillsboro disaster! Nothing to do with the national anthem.
posted by JohnC (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 7:51 PM

Dear Ernest would be upset! More German sausage...
posted by Old Brown Shirt (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 9:19 PM

Pretty sure I've heard some England fans boo the opposing National Anthem.
posted by Broadsword (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 10:45 PM

Brexit makes the National Antham sound racist.
posted by The Time Is Now - Thursday 19th May 2022, 6:39 AM

More and more people in this country are fed with up the way its being run. The royals are out dated now. Her boy sits on a gold chair with all his gongs[for what] and tells us how to live they dont have a clue. Just like boris and his hench men. Well done the pool fans.
posted by geezer (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 12:05 PM

Geezer, you just don’t post enough. Have missed your pearls of wisdom, keep up the good work.
posted by Observer (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 12:31 PM

The national anthem is xenophobic and racist; as too is flower of Scotland. Read all the lyrics.
posted by MT - Thursday 19th May 2022, 1:18 PM

It was once the custom ti have a minute’s silence if a club were remembering one of their own . But of course there were those who couldn’t or wouldn’t keep silent so it changed it to a minute’s applause. Respecting others seems to be fast disappearing over the horizon!
posted by John H (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 2:31 PM

posted by
johnC (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Wednesday 18th May 2022, 1:33 PM

I can't believe the Chelsea CEO (buck) and their COO (?) will receive a combined £50m bonus for facilitating the take over. They said they deserved it because they worked 24hrs a day (btw physically not possible) for 5 weeks. This is way above the norm in any corporate takeover. Surely someone should look into this - surely, this money better spent to help the Ukraine crisis the rest of the money is going to.
Replies
COO is the Chief Operating Officer. Probably a mate of the CEO.
posted by bigboy4650 (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 1:39 PM

posted by
Chris (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Wednesday 18th May 2022, 12:46 PM

What to do, what to do? Two things we know about the assailant. He is a thug and probably has a criminal record. Secondly he is a Huddersfield fan and therefore their responsibility. I was concerned for the safety of Preston and Luton players at the cottage so last night didn’t surprise me. Firstly stop selling tickets to those with criminal records. Secondly photo is on season tickets. Next make Huddersfield aware of their responsibilities and close their ground for three games with 2 suspended for two seasons
Replies
Huddersfield ? ?
posted by Bob (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 12:54 PM

if you let 2000 people onto the pitch, statistically you will have a few complete idiots. Luckily, against Luton/Preston, the few idiots I am sure we have too didn't do anything silly. I don't know if noticed in the Huddersfield, game, the whistle was only blown after the linesman at the opposite end ran half way across the pitch. Imagine next time, the ref made a poor call and cost you the game?? I know it sounds like spoilt sport, this has to be stopped before it gets out of control. I am sure FA will do that next season.
posted by johnC (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 1:28 PM

Crikey! It was the Forest v Sheff. Utd game last night and it was the Forest fan that head butted Billy Sharpe who plays for Sheff Utd. Jeez....if you are gonna moan about something at least identify the thing you're moaning about accurately!!
posted by MT - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 3:15 PM

MT i think everyone know Chris meant Forest and not Huddersfield (should give him the benefit of doubt that it was a typo). Also that is not the main point. I was referring to the previous night's night between Huddersfield and Luton when the ref ran scared at the end. Anyway the point is do you think it is acceptable and safe for the players and refs for thousand of fans to run onto the pitch at the end of a football game in 2022? Trying to belittle the point by saying is moaning is not really helpful. Please don't go say this is woke on health and safety.
posted by JohnC (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 3:58 PM

Take your point Chris all three-circumstances were different and logistics different ffc fans had no axe to grind with opposing players just wanted to celebrate if the fans of opponents were more volatile there could have been big trouble not surprised there was a problem at forest expected a bit more But in general not acceptable. Remember the reaction when we beat Chelsea at home a few years back
posted by John h (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 2:10 AM

I'm 70, I get confused!!!!
posted by Chris (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 7:09 AM

posted by
bigboy4650 (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Wednesday 18th May 2022, 9:04 AM

Over the past few weeks, I have read the pontifications of many posters ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous. None of us know what our starting line up will be for next season and I, for one, am happy to wait and see what Marco and management achieve in recruiting new players. How we do next season depends on their acumen and ensuring the spirit of the team is not affected by tumultuous changes. I will reserve my judgement until we have played our first six games. As an aside, the disgraceful attack on Billy Sharpe last evening is a reason to support those in favour of preventing pitch invasions although that is easier said than done,
Replies
I hope i am totally wrong but i see next season a struggle. This division is 2 leagues in one, and i see us in the bottom as religation fodder along with Bournemouth Huddersfield or N forest AV Everton Brentford. Answer cut the priemiership by 4 clubs and like the old day have devision North & South
posted by BC (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 9:29 AM

Why can’t people just stay off the pitch, you are all idiots but of course some take that to extremes.
posted by The Judge (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 9:34 AM

posted by
John (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Tuesday 17th May 2022, 9:26 PM

Does you fink day mite be in prem next sizon?
Replies
What a play off S-Final, exiting to watch, and pleased that we are not involved. Forest to win on penalties, and Huddersfield to win at Wembley.
posted by A C (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 10:23 PM

Pity a scumbag spoilt the evening !
posted by John H (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 8:48 AM

Who, John h?
posted by Mike (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 8:59 AM

The idiot who thought it was ok to assault Billy Sharpe at the end of the game
posted by John H (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 4:09 PM

posted by
Malden Mick (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Tuesday 17th May 2022, 8:45 PM

I didn't realise that Harvey Elliott, like myself came from New Malden, as mentioned in commentary in tonight's match, but with his stupid haircut, and now covered in tattoos, I'm pleased that he has moved away. Apparently hearsay says that he has an attitude problem, well there's a surprise.
Replies
The trouble is, he looks like a very good player in the making at times.
posted by Alan B (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 9:41 PM

You’re right, definitely has an attitude problem. Thinks he’s the bees knees, trouble is he is pretty good. But that’s no excuse. Hope you’re not all like that in New Malden Mick?:))
posted by Realistic (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 9:51 AM

Harvey Elliott has the makings of a very good player at the top level. However I detect a "self destruct" button in his personality - a bit like Rafel Morrison at Manchester United, because he has only been used to hearing what he wants to hear. For me I will be very suprised if he suvives at Liverpool and becomes as English international. WHAT FULL MUST DO is sign Ben Foster from Watford as our second goalkeeper his is very good at positioning and bears no responsibilty to Watford's demise. Too many in and outs at Watford for there ever to be a settled side.
posted by Rich of Cambridge (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 4:20 PM

With all the very tall players him it is an altitude problem he may suffer from.
posted by The Time Is Now - Thursday 19th May 2022, 12:37 PM

posted by
Fulham supporter (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Tuesday 17th May 2022, 2:17 PM

Spurs don’t want him back but I have a hunch he would suit FFC , perfect replacement for either Seri or Anguissa or both !
Replies
He'd have to accept a big paycut to come to us and that's not the sort of signing we need. We need team players not individuals
posted by Nigel (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 10:48 PM

posted by
John H (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Tuesday 17th May 2022, 12:33 PM

The least professional footballers should do is to give their loyal fans something to cheer about. Arsenals supporters travelled a long way to watch them play against Newcastle and were ‘rewarded’ by a pathetic performance from their side. Didn’t see any pride in their display at all. And our visit to S United was another example of sides caring little for the folks who help pay their wages!
Replies
I think Newcastle could well finish above Arsenal in the table next season. It was not a question of Arsenal playing badly they simply just outplayed by a superior Newcastle team who will probably finish in the top four next season.
posted by The Time Is Now - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 1:43 PM

Sorry pal but Arsenal never turned up !
posted by John H (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 2:35 PM

In any game of football you can only play as well as the opposition lets you, that is why it is difficult to forecast any game. Newcastle rise from bottom to midtable shows they have a very good team and a manager who perfectly suits them. In most of our periods in the top divisions we have not had managers who could get the best out of players like Silva does, why I think we will do surprisingly well in the PL this time.
posted by The Time Is Now - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 2:11 PM

Think Newcastle will be top six at least next year could we have another Leicester on the horizon
posted by John h (Guest) - Thursday 19th May 2022, 2:17 AM

posted by
JohnC (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Monday 16th May 2022, 7:13 PM

To make next season just that little bit more exciting, I wonder if we could have a punt and give Bale a mega salary to come to the cottage?! With Neco and Wilson, he could be tempted and would make us a mini Welsh team. We could get Allen too for free.
Replies
Yes, good idea, because teams full of Welsh players are usually world beaters. All the big European trans have a backbone of Welsh talent, Dai Benzena at Madrid, Dai Lewandowski at Bayern etc. Change the badge to crossed leeks and daffodils while we're at it and have a male voice choir sing London Calling at half time. I know. What about 'silly money' and get half a dozen Brazilians? FFS.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 7:32 PM

Didn't Welsh miners go too South America?
posted by Big Taff (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 7:40 PM

Time you came back in Paddy for the electric shock treatment.
posted by St Bernard’s (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 10:43 PM

Ah yes, the short sharp shock, in a great believer in it. Just passed St Bernard's this morning actually. If you can help me get back in I promise I'll forget my defeat at Waterloo.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 2:53 PM

LOL
posted by St Bernard's (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 3:42 PM

I do like Stanley Baker though. If we could sign him............
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 6:12 PM

posted by
Beetlemania (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Monday 16th May 2022, 5:31 PM

Don’t remember the Liverpool fans booing the hymn at the Cup Final after Hillsborough.
Replies
Apparently the Liverpool manager was disappointed that some chose to boo, think it was more for God save the Queen, no idea why our Queen should be booed best ask those who did !
posted by John H (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 7:39 PM

Irish Republic flags at Anfield...
posted by Old Patriot (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 7:44 PM

Now, now old patriot. Don't blame the motherland for the bitter and twisted Cilla lovers attitude on Saturday. Perhaps the proletariat have finally decided to throw off the shackles of Imperialism and this is the first stage in the overthrow of the monarchy. On the other hand it could be that most Scousers are chip on their shoulder laden tw*ts.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 7:51 PM

More voice of reason from Yer man O'Doors...
posted by Young Patriot (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 8:18 AM

Liverpool fans have booed the national anthem since the 1980's and the premiership of Margaret Thatcher believing that it is the establishment's fault for poverty in the city as well as the lack of interest for pursuing an enquiry for the Hillsborough disaster sooner. Those of us that have been there, would have seen the banner that reads "scouse not English". They also booed in the League Cup final this season. I'm not a fan of the Royals but wouldn't bother booing, just wouldn't sing. Each to their own though....
posted by MT - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 10:12 AM

I’d settle for Paddy being our next PM !
posted by John H (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 12:52 PM

I'm aiming a bit higher than PM, JH. But never fear, King Paddy will be a benevolent ruler, unless you're a frequent visitor to Shepherds Bush or outer Hounslow on match days then it's traitors gate and off with the noggin. No VAT on beer and every Fulham game to have a goal start. Perhaps the Giro cashers are on to something after all. Vote King Paddy!!!!!!!!!!!
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 2:47 PM

Higher indeed Mr Paddy , there is a Jesus playing for Man City that just leaves the number one spot !
posted by John H (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 6:35 PM

Sounds like you could be joining me in St Bernard''s. I'll try and get us bunk beds.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 6:39 PM

From a distance maybey it was a chelski show of dissedence over there owner being kicked out of the club
posted by John h (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 11:18 PM

posted by
Ernie (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Monday 16th May 2022, 5:28 PM

Look whatever players come in next season we will probably struggle. Players of European Championship standard ain’t coming here. We have to rely on the management to use their skills and judgement and bring in players without unbalancing our present squad. Even if the owners were prepared to spend a fortune on players; persuading them to come to a bookies relegation favourite is another matter. So let’s wait and see who we get , then get behind the team and enjoy the rollercoaster of a season.
Replies
Why must it be assumed we'll struggle?
posted by Nigel (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 6:43 PM

Who said that we will be bookies favourites for relegation, as I can think of at least 3 teams that will be bookies favourites over us, such as Bournemouth, Brentford, and who ever comes up via the play offs. Then there will be Southampton, Palace, Burnley, as we are better than them already, and they haven't got a Mitrovic in their line ups, like we have.
posted by Malden Mick (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 10:04 PM

All those that question me when I say we are bookies favourites for relegation can apologise in the coming weeks
posted by Ernie (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 12:01 AM

Think you all might be splitting hairs. Let’s just agree the usual suspects will prop up the table. Seems to me it’s academic whether we’re bookies favourites or not if we end up being relegated. Let’s just say you can perm any 5/6 of the smaller teams. Bit of luck, following wind and all the others playing particularly crap football and we’ll be safe. Could go the other way of course, bit of a lottery really and far too early to predict. Remember bookies have to pick someone, that’s what they’re there for and hedging their bets are unlikely to be out of pocket come the end of the season.
posted by Realistic (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 7:28 AM

As long as you apologise Ernie, if we are not favourites for relegation.
posted by Malden Mick (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 7:31 AM

Sky currently offering 8/11 Bournemouth, 6/4 Fulham and 9/4 Brentford. So we are one of the relegated teams but Bournemouth are the favourites. I stress that last sentence isb based on the stated odds NOT my view of what will happen.
posted by Broadsword (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 9:30 AM

A lot depends on who we recruit and If Brentford can keep the likes of Erickson and Tony.it will be a tough ask but I believe we will give it a good go
posted by Jim (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 9:43 AM

Malden Mick that last posting about apologies was not mine. Just for clarity I’m sure we will the bookies favourites for taking one of the three relegation places. I personally think we will struggle but we have to wait and see; I can’t see us challenging for a European place, and if your not then it seems you are fighting to avoid relegation
posted by Ernie (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 3:24 PM

According to 'Malden Mick', we're better than Southampton, Burnley, Palace, etc. already. I might remind him we haven't kicked a ball yet and having seen Watford and Everton lately 'live', they would both beat us comfortably. If you don't know the first thing about football, don't bother to comment!
posted by Fulham Addict (Guest) - Wednesday 18th May 2022, 9:35 AM

posted by
DC (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Monday 16th May 2022, 12:23 PM

The coming season : Mackintosh useless will blunder on: The Khans have allready said they wont be spending big in the transfer market: Our scouts will still be trawling the A&E departments: The only good coaches will be those taking players to the games: SENARIO: Bottom 3 at Christmas Silva sacked
Replies
I know how you feel but hang about. At this stage nobody knows what is going to happen. Being that pessimistic is not going to help! Keep the faith and we might have some pleasant surprises!
posted by Ancient Chris (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 12:43 PM

DC, neither you, myself, or any of us supporters have any idea whatsoever of who we are going buy or sell into the close season, and probably all clubs posting on sites, if they have one, will be moaning about not getting new players in, and not spending enough on new players, and people like you DC, are relegating us before a ball has even been kicked, and even with the play offs coming up, before this season is even finished, so for goodness sake, give TK, Marco and the board a chance to finalise next seasons squad, before moaning your head off already. Yes, we may go back down again, but I for one, do not expect that to happen, as we will have learned a lot from the past season struggles in the Premier League. Like ourselves, Bournemouth, Brentford, and others below 10th place, we will have a pretty hard season, but we will survive, and then go on to have many more seasons at the top table.
posted by A C (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 12:45 PM

How refreshing to read a posting from AC, with a hint of optimism, and not the usual downbeat, we are going to be relegated dross.
posted by Brian Jarvis (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 12:50 PM

I often wonder why some of the people who post on this site even support Fulham. It clearly doesn't make them happy.
posted by Old Bloke (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 1:19 PM

Rightly or wrongly DC was giving his own opinion. How boreing if all postings were all happiness and light,and not questioning the status as one sees it.
posted by Old Un (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 1:30 PM

What's wrong with that Old Un?
posted by Eric Idle (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 1:39 PM

Loved senario, outstanding work from Emily Blunt and Benicio del Toro. As for next season. We all know we're in for a roller coaster. It looks like some of you have woken up from a coma and suddenly been told you're Fulham supporters. If I was in what I thought to be a damaging relationship if pack my bags and leave. There's other clubs who would love to have you and you're optimistic outlook on life. Perhaps the Samaritans have a team.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 3:30 PM

O'Doors you old wag!
posted by Hugh "Binkey" Beaumont (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 3:39 PM

The same old cries for recruitment. May I remind you all that we've been down this path before after both promotions and failed miserably. Football is a team game and you don't succeed by always dismantling team spirit. I honestly believe that on paper our squad is better than quite a few Premier league sides right now. A bit of fettling here and there, yes, but keep the team spirit that's been built up and we'll be OK. Media hype linking us with Uncle Tom Cobley and all is exactly that, hype. I think we have at last got a guy holding the reins who knows what he's doing and that Daddy Khan believes in him, therefore no need for Tony to use his computer stats for recruitment. I'm looking forward to the new season with hope, not pessimism, which seems to rule on this site. Come on you whites!
posted by Nigel (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 4:23 PM

Less of the old. Matured, like a fine Stilton.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 4:23 PM

Peter Stilton, what a great goalkeeper
posted by Tim nice but dim (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 4:42 PM

As good as Edam Van Der Sar? And as for Brie McBride...............
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 5:30 PM

Alright then, Ryan Babybel. That's if for lactose related puns. That's the last one to pasteurise from me.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 5:35 PM

I just find people like DC very sad. FFC have just had one of the best seasons of their existence so what do people like him do?. Think doom and gloom and complain and moan before a ball is even kicked. We have far too many sad people at our club maybe its their own lives.
posted by The Pope (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 6:31 PM

I totally agree with you Pope, look at Brighton and Brentford this season, I believe we can emulate them without ripping this team apart. Too much made of individuals in today's game. PSG have Neymar, Messi and Mbappe yet they don't get the top honours. It's the team dynamic that counts.
posted by Nigel (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 6:41 PM

Emulate Brentford, now that's ambition!
posted by Sparky (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 5:01 AM

Well they have been better than us in recent times.
posted by Observer (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 7:31 AM

Building a 17,000 capacity budget stadium, now that’s ambition. As for if they are better than us , I wouldn’t know as I never watch them play !
posted by Bob (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 7:44 AM

Neither have I but I would just say, they did get promoted, they have stayed up and they are currently 11th in the Premier League. Reckon that confirms the opinion that they’re a better team than us at present. Who knows what tomorrow might bring.
posted by Snoops (Guest) - Tuesday 17th May 2022, 2:28 PM

posted by
Vin (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Monday 16th May 2022, 9:51 AM

We must build from the back or it’s going to be like shooting fish in the barrel. As English men you don’t know khans code with sports teams is he is a business man. Look how he destroyed the Jags in the NFL. This Fulham team is a platform for him to move his humpty hump jags to London. Watch. There’s talk about about picking up a player from Oldham?? GFL. Don’t believe the hype. It’s a mystique. Smoke and mirrors. The Cottage is too small to have visions of grandeur. He will not spend any real money even that 100 mill he spend a few years ago was out of the 150 mill he got for being promoted. I’m not a mathematician but…
Replies
Bad night Vin?
posted by Observer (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 10:10 AM

Never heard so much crap.
posted by Philmidd (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 11:35 AM

More care for Vin campaign...
posted by Mr Vim (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 12:00 PM

+44 191 384 2727
posted by Bobby (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 12:46 PM

posted by
Pat Cumble (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Monday 16th May 2022, 8:56 AM

Will the MT Massageboard continue on with the great Brentford debate?

posted by
Scout (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Monday 16th May 2022, 8:43 AM

Our Director of Football and Recruitment has hinted there will be no big spending this summer as they will not repeat the mistake of four seasons ago. His comments are flawed on so many reasons, firstly we need to spend big but wisely which we didn’t do four seasons ago, secondly did he learn nothing from two seasons ago when we spent less relied on late loan signings, that was a useless approach as well. We need to spend big do bulk of our business early and restrict loan signings. This relies heavily on clever, intelligent recruitment policies, are we sure Tony Khan is up to that task?
Replies
With the greatest respect, you put a few hundred million into the club and I am sure they will let you have a say in who comes in. What are we going to do kick the Khans out because their ideas didn't work last time. Their knowledge and experience have improved over the past few seasons so much so we have just gone through a record breaking top season. People seem to be pessimistic and finding problems before this season has even finished. Give the Blokes a chance, buy the club or go off and support Liverpool or Man City who can get any player or manager they want.
posted by The Pope (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 9:10 AM

This is about not making the same mistakes, of course we will just have to wait and see but the rhetoric is not good, and his record is appalling. Mackintosh and Khan have overseen two relegations (Mackintosh three) so the omens aren’t good. Have these people changed dramatically.
posted by Scout (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 9:49 AM

But overseen 3 promotions. My maths tell me that as of this moment they’re ahead of the game. Think he probably means they’re not going to just chuck money around as they did a couple of years back. Frugal, thrifty and sensible is the order of the day.
posted by Realistic (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 10:16 AM

The Guys a multi Billionaire. Do you think He's made his money through not learning and making the same mistakes over and over again. Too many people have just kept slagging the Khans off instead of saying thanks for investing in my club. I assure you he aint making money out of this venture,
posted by The Pope (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 10:43 AM

Again I find myself in complete agreement Pope:)
posted by Realistic (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 11:29 AM

Spot on Pope!
posted by Philmidd (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 11:39 AM

Ah! just what i expected,unproved buys,and loan players,Fulham 2023 Re:Norwich
posted by Cottager (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 12:13 PM

Ah! just what i expected,unproved buys,and loan players,Fulham 2023 Re:Norwich
posted by Cottager (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 12:13 PM

Look at how much money so many of the the teams have spent over the last few seasons filling the pockets of agents and still struggling to survive in the premier’ in my opinion it is better to recruit two or three solid professionals who give you a seven out of ten performance every week and bring through a few of our talented youth players then if we go down again we will have a better foundation for the long term
posted by Jim (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 2:05 PM

posted by
OWEN (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 15th May 2022, 11:17 PM

I think that Conte is a moody manager who likes it his own way or the highway, but seriously do we know more than him? He has continued with our so-called failure Sessegnon and i think that Sessegnon is thriving under Conte. We are a small club in London and we are punching above our weight. Let's hope our Chairman shows ambition and give us some decent recruitment so that we can give it a good go this time around. If we can survive the first season back, we really must sign any decent loanees. Andersen and Lookman got away because we failed to stay up. We all know the script. Failure means we lose our star players in a competitive atmosphere...
Replies
Gossip says we are in for Tom Laurance of Derby. We are now a premiership club,? this if true really is ambition.
posted by Cottager (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 11:45 PM

Gossip says we are in for Tom Laurance of Derby. We are now a premiership club,? this if true really is ambition.
posted by Cottager (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 11:45 PM

The season now over our scouts will from next week be trawling through the countrys A&E units looking for new recruits.
posted by cottager (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 11:47 PM

The season now over our scouts will from next week be trawling through the countrys A&E units looking for new recruits.
posted by cottager (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 11:48 PM

posted by cottager (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 11:48 PM

Cottager, you must get that stuuuuuter attended to
posted by DC (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 11:50 PM

I know there are a few on this site that consider Sess to be a traitor, Glad I’m not one of them , and pleased to see him prospering at Spurs
posted by John H (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 9:36 AM

Personally I mam very pleased to see Ryan Sessingnon doing so well, at Spurs now, as he is a very good player, or at least he was with us, and Conte has showed that he has recognized his ability, and he has obviously given him a lot of confidence, with playing him regularly in the Spurs team, and Conte has even stopped subbing him just after half time. I like to see our ex players doing well, but there are some exceptions, like Roberts and Elliot, who thought that they were far too good for little old Fulham. I will also closely follow the fortunes of Fabio at Liverpool, as he didn't walk out on us, and played his heart out for the club in the closing stages of our season. I do hope that Liverpool treat him right, and he doesn't become yet another scrap heap youngster.
posted by Alan B (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 11:08 AM

Funny how some coaches get the best out of some players isn't it. 43 goals..hmmm
posted by Bobby (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 12:49 PM

A good post Alan B. I agree with most of what you say. But we must make more effort to keep those products of our academy who show the most promise. If we do not encourage these lads to stay what is the point of spending fortunes on running an academy?
posted by Ancient Chris (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 1:00 PM

posted by
Born too Buzz (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 15th May 2022, 7:33 PM

Bring on small Ffc...
Replies
Gibberish jibber-jabber gobbledygook Examples of Gibberish Words supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. iggily biggily. gollygoops. ittly bittly. pasghetti. coochie coo. pigglywiggly. woospiedoo.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 7:41 PM

On the balls as usual O'Doors...
posted by Athletico Spizz '53... (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 7:49 PM

More yep from MT
posted by MTB (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 7:50 PM

YEP!
posted by MT to Major Tommy (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 7:56 PM

U know it makes sense...
posted by Mt's, Mt (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 8:17 PM

Well done little bees let’s get toffees or Leeds thugs out of the way for next season have to say another fortunate result after watching game hope you don’t use up all your luck fate has a habit of biting you on the bum think we will both survive next year ffc more chance than little bees though
posted by John h (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 1:18 AM

I hope in all our cames next season two players from the opposition get sent off because Tom Cairney smiles at them.
posted by The Time Is Now - Monday 16th May 2022, 6:38 AM

posted by
Jeff Westbound (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 15th May 2022, 7:12 PM

It does concern me that in the present squad we only have 4 players of PL quality in Tosin, Reed, Wilson and Mitro. We all understand that next season there will be less opportunities for goal scoring chances having said that it should be necessary for another striker and not expect that nearly always Wilson and Mitro will be our only main threat for goal scoring. A good consideration for this would be signing Gyokeres Coventry he looked very useful in the two games against Fulham this season. Muniz needs more time for his development having only limited appearances he will improve with experience in this country. There are a few players who are not PL quality especially Robinson, Bryan,Cairney and Seri. We do need strengthening in possibly six positions with priority given also to defence and midfield. Please give me your thoughts on my observations.

posted by
Manxman (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 15th May 2022, 5:25 PM

Just watching the first half of B against E. How on earth are Brentford staying in the prem with a defence like this. They have given Everton two goals.
Replies
Small bentford la la la small bentford la la la
posted by small bentford (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 5:33 PM

Bit of a rash statememt from you 2. Although no axe to grind in Brentfords favour they have taken some notible scalps this season,if we could finish next season in the position they are in I and many of our supporters would be more than happy. Good managment ~ Good coaches ~ Scouting great. Coupled with their transfer dealings none better.
posted by Cottager (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 6:21 PM

I’m watching the second half Brentford v Everton with Brentford leading 3-2 ok Everton are down to10 men but I’m impressed with the football Brentford are playing, what a good deal Erickson is proving to be, with 2 minutes left Everton are now down to 9 men, game over.
posted by JRD (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 6:24 PM

Far from being a Brentford fan. credit where its due. There seasons performances have certainly left some cynics slighty red faced, me included.
posted by Old Un (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 6:53 PM

Egg on faces for the first two postees ? ? ?
posted by BC (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 6:55 PM

FRANK like Brentford a one hit wonder
posted by Jezz (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 7:32 PM

It’s not so much small brentford I dislike it’s the fans that I dislike. Seventy four years a pub side and they come on here braggi no likes a big head. I agree with above post they are a one hit wonder who will bite the dust next season Toney will move onto a bigger club just like their previous best players and Frank will get an offer from a bigger club he won’t be able to turn down.
posted by Small brentford (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 7:49 PM

Read all the above postings with interest. But what I would say is I personally would jump at te chance of FRANK as our manager
posted by Kunye (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 8:52 PM

Read all the above postings with interest. But what I would say is I personally would jump at te chance of FRANK as our manager
posted by Kunye (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 8:52 PM

Most clubs are bigger than small bentford ! As for Frank , Franks but no Franks !
posted by Greg (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 7:29 AM

posted by
Nigel (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 15th May 2022, 1:08 PM

Are the rule makers desperate to get Spurs into the Champions League? The officials have gifted them 2 goals in the last 2 games.
Replies
Bigger clubs always get rub of green happen to us last time we were up . Hoped VAR would sort it but still happens, been going on for years, is it bent ?
posted by DMK (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 4:28 PM

Nothing wrong with var for offsides although that can be dubious due to Lino’s not raising there flags at appropriate time as for the rest just someone’s opinion miles from the action ask 10 people about pen or handball decision will never be unanimous let the ref decide HES NEVER WRONG!! As they say luck equals out over a season
posted by Johnh (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 1:25 AM

If your hands are in an unatural position and the ball hits them in the penalty area, that is a penalty according to the present rules. That is what happened in this case so it is a penalty. The old men on match of the day do not like the rule but rules are rules. The ref and VAR gave Tottenham a penalty quite correctly.
posted by The Time Is Now - Monday 16th May 2022, 6:44 AM

posted by
Scout (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 15th May 2022, 8:55 AM

Fulham old boys all on the radar to bring back for next season.
Replies
Good ideas Scout But whose radar?
posted by Ancient Chris (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 12:31 PM

Dem and Ryan - no thanks. They couldn’t wait to get away. If they come back it would be for the money. Burn and targett Woudl be good. Neco, burn, Tosin, targett would be a good combination.
posted by JohnC (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 12:54 PM

So fulhamish ,just read we have signed a center back from olham for £150,000 he is 16 as we are trying to build a local accadamy , ? really so why do we never play accadamy kids, and why do we never get them to sign contracts so we can keep them, what is the point of getting a 16 year sold if he will just say im off to pastures new?.
posted by thereal arch bishop (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 1:01 PM

We had the best of Fredrick's, he's gone backwards at Westham and I just can't envisage Dembele and Mitrovic together.
posted by Nigel (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 1:11 PM

I remember when Dembele used to play for us I thought he score goals but his ball control was hopeless. Is this why he has moved down the pecking order.
posted by The Time Is Now - Sunday 15th May 2022, 5:30 PM

I do hope! but i fear we may go down the old well trodden path of buying in the transfer market, the Has Beens:The Permantly Walking Wounded and the overpriced lonees. And as far as our youth team is concerned we are becoming a free nursery for the big boys to cherry pick.,the club is becoming a joke.
posted by Putney Pete (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 9:02 PM

Right-back is not needed so no to Fredericks. Our problems are more left-sided and supply to Mitrovic could be better. Saying that another forward is a must because Mitrovic's game is not suited to some games against certain opposition.
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 11:29 PM

posted by
John H (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 14th May 2022, 2:51 PM

Apart from me anybody out there want Chelsea to win today?
Replies
No.
posted by Alan B (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 3:33 PM

Notts Forest 1 up at HT, but TK should sign up some Forest players as wrestlers.
posted by A C (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 4:02 PM

Yep
posted by MT - Saturday 14th May 2022, 4:56 PM

Too right. Come on the Blues.
posted by Mortlake (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 5:37 PM

Yes.
posted by Broadsword (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 5:45 PM

No, as I have put money on Liverpool to win.
posted by LTS (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 6:05 PM

Is Chelsea's Chalobah brother as bad as ours. On the basis of the Cup final it is a tie, the are equally useless.
posted by The Time Is Now - Saturday 14th May 2022, 8:40 PM

Nope , hate racist chelcum .
posted by Bob (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 8:57 PM

NO!!
posted by John H (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 12:44 AM

NO!!
posted by John H (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 12:46 AM

How embarrassing for Loftus(up the creek)Cheek, the sub being subbed. In his short cameo, he was dross, just like he was whilst with us all the time.
posted by mwk (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 8:54 AM

Quite the worst Cup Final I have seen for a long time. Talk about boring. The play off matches are far more exiting. Looks like a Forest v Huddersfield Final, which should be quit tasty. We should go for Johnson from Forest if they don't make it. A Fabio look alike.
posted by Malden Mick (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 10:15 AM

It was an increadibly skillful game until it came to finishing both teams were hopeless. Liverpool seem to have taken over from Man U in having the ability to consisently win games that they do not deserve.
posted by The Time Is Now - Sunday 15th May 2022, 5:33 PM

posted by
NRL (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 14th May 2022, 12:00 PM

What a mealy mouthed lot we have running football. What on earth is the reasoning for overlapping the Championship play-off game with the FA Cup final? Us football fans just don't count for anything anymore. Sky won't be happy until they totally destroy the FA Cup and the idiots at FA headquarters are letting them get away with it. The big fuss about the "European Super League" is a huge red herring because the restructure of Champions League and Europe League competitions is taking fottball that way anyhow. Greed ruling above all else, I'm giving up on Sky, rotten to the core.
Replies
Yes, we got plenty of re-arranged games to look forward to, because of SKY and BT. The home and away fans are the least of their concerns when re-scheduling these games to very anti-social times.
posted by mwk (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 1:46 PM

posted by
Scout (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 14th May 2022, 8:45 AM

Apparently Bournemouth and Fulham both interested in Joe Allen on a free transfer from Stoke City. Good business as a squad player.
Replies
We have enough average squad players , don’t see the need for more
posted by Brain Doctor (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 8:59 AM

Let Bournemouth have him, I agree with Brain Doctor, we have got to aim higher than that, and let's face it we CAN afford to look higher.
posted by A C (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 10:00 AM

He’s 32 and hasn’t done much since he left Liverpool. We need and have better players than him.
posted by Philmidd (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 10:14 AM

Troy Deeney says that the gulf between the Championship and the Premier League, is a chasm now, so we have to buy right to avoid another quick return to the Championship. Look, Brentford have survived on a shoestring budget, with no more than ordinary players, so there is absolutely no reason that we, under the experienced Marco Silva, why we should not do pretty well at the top table. Yes the first season back will be hard, but we already have a pretty strong squad of first team players, so just a few additions, should see us right, and I will be looking at a mid table finish at least.
posted by Malden Mick (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 10:28 AM

We need at least one in each department. Keeper, defence, midfield and up front otherwise we're probably doomed. They need to be grafters too. I'm no fan of Brentford but their midfield runs their legs off. Seems to be an alien concept at the Cottage some Saturdays.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 1:25 PM

Good old predictable Fulham sceaping the barrel again
posted by kunye (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 2:04 PM

This season, until Wolves late collapse, the chasm has been between the top 8 and the remaining 12. I'm sure with Silva in charge this squad will sit quite comfortably in the 12.
posted by Nigel (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 5:47 PM

Call me old fashioned but I'm not sure Dave Allen's brand of obversational comedy would fit into our present system, even as a squad player. 3-0 down at the Etihad with half hour to go and Allen warming up dressed up as a cardinal or some other clerical garb wouldn't fill me with confidence at all. Him bombing down the wing whilst at the same time highlighting some political hypocrisy or other, however topical, should be a low priority for us at this time and we should stay well clear. He's also dead which would be a saving on wages but could cause issues with registering him to play. Just saying it as it is.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 6:14 PM

Joe Allen more suited to cherries than us we should be going for a better class of player
posted by Johnh (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 1:42 AM

Dave Allen Used to be his milkmen when I worked in west London ( had a lovely wife he was a nice man Also Micheal Barrymore very nice and unassuming also mick jagger and his model wife would not recognise her in the street more like a bag lady !! Did not see much of jagger think he’d moved out to his house in Richmond lovey place overlooking Thames one of his neighbours there was a member of the who rock band. Mick Townsend I believe ( the one that had a well publicised problem at the time !!
posted by Johnh (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 2:00 AM

posted by
Scout (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 14th May 2022, 8:22 AM

Hector and Mawson will be the first to leave in a much needed clear out. Anguissa deal for permanent transfer to Napoli is close to being completed, only £12m.
Replies
Plus cavaliero, and Knockheart.
posted by Philmidd (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 10:15 AM

posted by
OWEN (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 14th May 2022, 1:11 AM

I just don't get it with those two players who's form has gone backwards. Hector had the brightest of starts and i even pencilled him in as the future Fulham captain but his form has gone backwards for one reason or another. Josh Onomah was a slow burner and we didn't get what he was about on a football pitch. Josh finally found his mo-jo and showed his drive and strength going forward but once again, Onomah's form diverted back to his old self which is clumsy and all over the place. What some of these guys are learning at Motspur is puzzling to say the least. You would think that given the chance, they would grab it like the last rolo. Heavy recruitment is needed because these players and others don't cut the mustard for one reason or another. Shame really...
Replies
Chelsea and Tottenham do not release players for nowt if they reckon that they are going to improve. They get them off the wage bill. For some reason Onomah and Hector had their best games ever for us against Cardiff the other season.
posted by Tony R (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 8:07 AM

Just hope Onomah is also part of the clear out, he is hopeless. Average Championship player at best.
posted by Scout (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 8:24 AM

I think Parker knew him well and expected him to develop into a good player. A good example of his undoubted bad judgement.
posted by The Time Is Now - Sunday 15th May 2022, 12:37 PM

This is one of the disadvantages of bigger subs benches. In the past guys who weren't playing got games in the reserves now they're mainly paid spectators.
posted by Nigel (Guest) - Sunday 15th May 2022, 5:51 PM

Hector unfortunately not top draw
posted by John h (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 2:01 AM

posted by
OWEN (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Friday 13th May 2022, 10:06 PM

Apparently, we can bag this guy for free and he is more than a bit useful judging from his pedigree. Strakosha has refused to sign his Lazio contract which has triggered a free move to Fulham. He is age 27 and capped 19 times for Albania. Lazio are a top team and i don't think that they sign duds, so job done and dusted. Now we should go for a centre-back and lets hope he is up to the standard of Andersen...
Replies
Tell me we last time got a player on the free and turn out be a start??
posted by JohnC (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 11:14 PM

What about Florian Müller, higly rated but only about £5m.
posted by The Time Is Now - Saturday 14th May 2022, 9:39 AM

We are now supposed to be a Premiership club go for Pope or Henderson.
posted by Kunye (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 2:07 PM

John C - Mark Schwartzer
posted by Keetch54 - Saturday 14th May 2022, 6:55 PM

Kunye, you’ve given up on Rodak? Agree those are the two we should go for. Unfortunately down the stretch, Rodak’s weaknesses really got magnified. Sadly not a Prem keeper.
posted by Californian - Saturday 14th May 2022, 7:49 PM

posted by
fulham supporter (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Friday 13th May 2022, 2:48 PM

We will need better players than Sissoko if we are to succeed in the PL
Replies
Take up the option for Seri then. Do you believe we are going to be able to attract better players to build a squad with. We have to look at players that can do a job for us and who will want to be part of a team.
posted by denny (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 3:33 PM

We need to buy players with proven PL experience Tarkowski would fit the bill for the back four , Madison for midfield and someone quick upfront to help Mitro . Seri can be let go , cash in Anguisssa , Bryan will struggle in the PL and Rodak needs competition . That’s just for starters !
posted by Fulham supporter (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 4:14 PM

We need to buy players with proven PL experience Tarkowski would fit the bill for the back four , Madison for midfield and someone quick upfront to help Mitro . Seri can be let go , cash in Anguisssa , Bryan will struggle in the PL and Rodak needs competition . That’s just for starters !
posted by Fulham supporter (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 4:14 PM

Much as I would like Maddison and Tarkowski to be at Fulham, we have to be realistic, Maddison is a top six player who is not going to come to Fulham. Tarkowski if Burnley go down could probably join an established top flight team. We have to look outside top team cast offs at £10 15 million and find players maybe playing for European clubs identified as potential performers at the top level required. It seems like our own young players will be scoring against us in the not to distant future. Remember moaning about the two tier system in Spain and Scotland with Real Madrid and Barcelona, and Glasgow Rangers and Celtic. Seems we have now joined the fold.
posted by denny (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 5:57 PM

We needed more muscle from the midfield anyway and Sissoko will do a job in and out of the team for a few seasons. Bare in mind that he is 32 and we still need much more. There is still a strong possibility that the likes of Anguissa may find his way back to us. Afterall, he is still a Fulham player like him or lump him...
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 12:55 AM

posted by
Scout (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Friday 13th May 2022, 9:04 AM

Links with Areola returning to us seem wayward as he has stated he is happy to stay at West Ham next season. Think we should definitely try to bring him back, top class keeper.
Replies
If he was as good as everyone states he is he wouldn't be happy to be a bench warmer. I have my reservations about him. I don't think I'd like to see him back.
posted by Nigel (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 9:35 AM

If we are intending to compete at the new level required, a upgrade in the goalkeeper is required. The existing keepers are only second choice. Would like him to return, the points he could save could be vital. Feel the loan route, will not work, do hope we try to have FFC players playing for FFC. Obviously this might restrict who we buy. Any decent player is mega bucks, thats why Liverpool search the lower divisions for their bargain young players.
posted by denny (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 10:21 AM

Areola, no thanks, I didn't rate him last season, and blamed him for several goals, and there are far better keepers around than him. If Leeds are relegated there keeper is excellent, and even Liverpool's reserve keeper would be worth a punt.
posted by Brian Jarvis (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 10:28 AM

What about Ben Foster? He is getting on a bit but he is still a pretty sound keeper and he may prefer to stay in the Premier League.
posted by Ancient Chris (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 11:02 AM

We should go all out for Henderson. Even spend £20m that Man U would want. He's young, he's good and he single (well actually double) handedly kept Sheff Utd in the premier league in their first season.
posted by johnC (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 1:18 PM

Now we're talking. Dickie Henderson would be a great addition to the squad, especially in terms of player moral. Think of all those ripping yarns on the team bus about those pro ams with Aliss, Tarbuck, Connery and Seve. The boys would be skipping off the coach energised and ready to 'Cry ‘Havoc!’ and let slip the dogs of war’. My concern though would be the pint sized showbiz legend!s ariel ability. Maybe we could enlist 'big hearted' Arthur Askey to sit on his shoulders for corners etc.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 2:16 PM

Paddy do you have LSD with your breakfast. Your rantings are more bizarre by the day.
posted by Granny takes a trip (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 3:12 PM

Or a couple of Michael Bentine's Potties on each shoulder.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 3:56 PM

So Ronnie Corbett won’t be our first choice keeper paddy !!!
posted by Johnh (Guest) - Monday 16th May 2022, 2:11 AM

posted by
Ernie (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 12th May 2022, 5:41 PM

This is the time of the year Old Ernie gets nostalgic. It makes me realise how much we have devalued the FA Cup Final. Not just by having the Semis at Wembley, but by fitting it in to the TV schedules and playing it before the season has ended. When I was kid it was the most important event of the year watched by fans and non fans alike. TV build up would take place all week. Watching the teams in the morning of the final in their hotels, on the coach to Wembley; then after the match we would all turn out in the park replaying the match. What is it now? An inconvenience to a lot of the big clubs, getting in the way of staying in the Premiership or Europe
Replies
Have to say Ernie that on this occasion, you are definitely saying it as it is.
posted by Broadsword (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 6:47 PM

Perhaps if they included the managers ballroom dancing with a female pundit or get the players to eat a sheep's testicle or bake a nice jam roly poly. I know if they did I'd be riveted to the screen all day. Bloody football always gets in the way though. Really makes you sick.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 7:50 PM

Pinned to tv from early morning world of sport /grand stand.listening how some players menus consisted of four bowls of cornflakes. The old wembley ritual entering from the side. Abide with me. And so goes on.
posted by T.no (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 8:54 PM

Thanks Broadsword that means a lot. Paddy I know you are being sarcastic, but the FA Cup Final was something special. Probably the biggest sporting occasion in the whole year. Instead of cherishing it, we allowed it to be devalued by the TV companies and the Premiership. Fine if that is what the new generation wants; but they will never experience just how special it was
posted by Ernie (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 10:10 PM

Meet the wives, question of sport (when it was good), road to Wembley, then 30 a side up the park after the game. Those halcyon days, sigh.
posted by MT - Friday 13th May 2022, 7:49 AM

So right MT. Certainly wouldn’t have swapped my childhood for today’s kids. They can keep their fancy gadgets, as you say give me thirty a side on the rec any day
posted by Ernie (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 8:17 AM

Not forgetting the coats for goalposts !
posted by John H (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 9:20 AM

Given the underrepresentation of women in this male-dominated west London workplace I'm surprised it's even allowed on telly for the 90 minutes. To add balance, prior to the game, they should have 7 or 8 hours of socio-ecological programmes to identify the multi-level factors influencing women and girls' experiences in football in terms of viewing, participation and governance. Either that or some repeats of Midsomer Murders, Nettles, not Dudgeon. Or maybe a couple of Westerns. Randolph Scott is a personal favourite of mine, despite the rumours about him and Cary Grant.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 2:06 PM

Paddy, what is it that makes you hate women so much?
posted by The Time Is Now - Friday 13th May 2022, 2:36 PM

Not a Randolph Scott fan then TTIN? What about Joel McCrea?
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 3:50 PM

The World has changed. Women are no longer objects of men lust as women will mock and ridicule such despicable and out of time men.
posted by The Time Is Now - Friday 13th May 2022, 4:48 PM

I once had a Datsun Sunny. Riddled with lust it was.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 5:07 PM

Read somewhere dudgeon. ( midsummer murder a ffc. Supporter
posted by Johnh (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 10:25 PM

He is a local, so quite possible. Seen him along the river by Hammersmith Bridge a few times. Gotta be Nettles every time though. The Basil Rathbone of Midsomer.
posted by Paddy O'Doors (Guest) - Saturday 14th May 2022, 1:08 PM

posted by
Dellers (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 12th May 2022, 3:41 PM

So Fabio’s aim is to play in this years World Cup. To do that he has to play week in week out, won’t happen at a Liverpool, he needs to stick with us….
Replies
Wake up - he has already gone to Liverpool for the ridicous price of £7.5 mill, to join Harvey Elliott and good luck to him. Hope is luckier than Elliott who broke his leg!
posted by Rich of Cambridge (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 3:58 PM

No loan deal back to us on the cards as Liverpool keen to use him in their squad. Shame because I thought it might suit all parties to have a loan deal back to us.
posted by Scout (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 9:08 AM

posted by
JohnC (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 12th May 2022, 12:13 PM

I see Chelsea and a number of other clubs will be sponsored by Crypto companies. I can again see this end up in tears. These companies carry massive risk and could overnight go bust!! It will indeed be Stamford bridge falling down again! Quote "CAN'T COOK. WON'T COOK. CAN'T BUDGET!" I'd go further "I want my takeaways delivered. I want my shopping delivered. I want my ingredients for cooking delivered. I want my work delivered. I want a nice flat. I want a nice car". Of cos not every young person is like that but I am glad some MP is bravely enough to say so because when I see 20 deliveroo drivers outside my local Macdonalds, something is seriously wrong and uber drivers delivering a coffee from Pret - something is seriously wrong with people's expectation nowadays.
Replies
It's called progress JohnC ;0). I'm not advocating eating golden arches cuisine but people do lead much more busier lives these days and remember many people are still working from home and may do indefinitely. My closest friend has made a mint from Bitcoin - I mean a six figure sum from a minimal investment soon after it launched so I'm afraid it's not quite as volatile as you may believe ;0). Each to their own though :0)
posted by MT - Thursday 12th May 2022, 2:13 PM

Bitcoin has taken a massive loss lately, bigger than it ever has done previously.
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 5:39 PM

Nothing worse than a cold Mac Donald and that’s what you get when Uber deliver
posted by Johnh (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 10:30 PM

posted by
Fulham Addict (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 12th May 2022, 9:42 AM

Saw Watford v Everton last night. My mate's a Watford supporter. Poor game, one team relegated one on the brink. Have to say though, having watched Fulham a lot this season, both teams would have beaten Fulham quite easily. Food for thought Silva!!
Replies
What a load of old cobblers, the team that we fielded this season, from what I have seen of the Premier League, would have finished halfway up the table with ease, so with a few decent additions, I am wondering if Manchester City will finish 2nd to us in the table next season ! !
posted by Alan B (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 10:25 AM

By 'a few additional players' you mean about eleven? You were at Watford then?
posted by Fulham Addict (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 11:35 AM

The team not good enough for premiership simple as that
posted by Percy dunne (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 12:12 PM

The team not good enough for premiership simple as that
posted by Percy dunne (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 12:12 PM

Neither Fulham or Bournemouth have any chance of survival in the big boy’s league. No doubt both will spend spend spend and start the season with a team of strangers. Cut adrift by Christmas looking for a new manager
posted by Bee Bop (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 12:14 PM

It would be nice to confound the critics and see our lads consolidate our position in the Premier League. I just hope Marco gets the additions he needs and not the usual crocks and throwouts.
posted by Ancient Chris (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 12:31 PM

Mr Bop , you said we would finish mid table but we ended up champions , so much for your predictions! I see season tickets at your budget stadium are going 2 for the price of 1 , lol.
posted by Bob (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 1:17 PM

Ancient Chris. When you say critics do you mean the media pundits or our fellow posters?
posted by Broadsword (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 5:07 PM

Bee Bop, you are right about being cut off by Christmas, and I can't argue with that, but you have the wrong clubs in your forecast, as you are well aware that Brentford will be doing what Leeds have done this season, and will no doubt be relegated, possibly along with Bournemouth, and one other, but if most definitely will not be Fulham, so it will be the three B's Bye, Bye, Brentford.
posted by Malden Mick (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 8:17 PM

Watch tonights championship playoff and you see how far we are above the rest of the Championship. With good additions in our few weakish areas we wll finish near to midtable or better.
posted by The Time Is Now - Friday 13th May 2022, 12:47 PM

Whoever wins playoff will go down little bees second season syndrome Bournemouth
posted by John h (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 10:35 PM

posted by
Tony R (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 12th May 2022, 8:34 AM

I am pretty sure that due to the fall in the pound buying European or World players has become more expensive. Surely makes sense to buy British players with Prem experience now. No excuse they are too expensive! Glad Fulham do not hold collapsing Bitcoin currency either, definately not the place to be!
Replies
Most of them are not good enough even for us and the decent ones are a very small group. Like most of us Brits they are not willing to do the extra work needed to become great.
posted by The Time Is Now - Thursday 12th May 2022, 9:16 AM

Unless I’m mistaken, England reached the Final of the Euros in 2020, so your cliched dismissal of British people is absolutely absurd
posted by Rm (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 9:27 AM

Fall in the pound? It's €1.17 to £1.00 which compared to a year ago at €1.10, is a 6.36% increase and a strengthening of the pound in my world. The $ has got stronger but it is still $1.22 to £1.00 and that will hardly effect our transfer market. I don't understand your point Tony to be honest...
posted by MT - Thursday 12th May 2022, 10:43 AM

In anticipation of this and other currency fluctuations I would imagine a shrewd businessman will have many currency hedges in place. Don’t worry about the club’s finances give thought to your own. I fear things will only get worse before they get better:(
posted by Realistic (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 10:49 AM

MT do see your point. The buying power of the pound sterling is diminishing hence high inflation. The dollar is strenthening which is great for us having US owners hence currency hedging is probably spot on. I still think a couple if top Championship players would do us know harm!
posted by Tony R (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 4:19 PM

posted by
JRD (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Wednesday 11th May 2022, 8:48 PM

Wolves are playing at home in their normal old gold and black, Why on earth are Man City playing in all white? Surely their first team colours of light blue couldn’t possibly clash !! I would have thought any team would prefer to play in their club colours whenever possible.
Replies
It’s about income Wear multiple strips in a season and some mugs will buy them all
posted by Magicman - Wednesday 11th May 2022, 9:03 PM

See Celtic won the M Mouse league for the umpteenth time !
posted by John H (Guest) - Wednesday 11th May 2022, 10:32 PM

It was good to see Sunderland v Shef Wed., both teams playing in their traditional stripes and black shorts. If we play any team with white or black as part of their colours, we change ours. Why? Playing the likes of Derby, Preston yes, but most other teams no.
posted by mws (Guest) - Thursday 12th May 2022, 9:05 AM

Notice a relaxation of kit changes in recent times short colours should defiantly be a different colour not so recently
posted by Johnh (Guest) - Friday 13th May 2022, 10:41 PM

Register / Login

Register today

Click here to register today and get involved with the Fulhamweb community

Click here to login if you are already registered

Since 1998
"It's been updated!"