Fulham FC Messageboard

posted by
Camberley Dave (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 6:17 PM

Not the best time to be a Fulham supporter at present but having followed the club for 63 years thought I would think back to my best 5 memories of that time as follows:- 1)Watching the great Johnny Haynes in his pomp, 2)Alan Mullery scoring past Peter Shilton in the FA Cup in 1974. 3)Clint Dempsey's goal against Juventus. 4)Reaching the Europa Cup Final. 5)Beating Villa in the 2018 play off final at Wembley. Would be interested to hear other opinions and nice to hear some positive thoughts at this difficult time. Also as an afterthought returning to and remaining at Craven Cottage is pretty important.
Replies
Good memories was having a pre-match drink and walking through Bishop's Park on the way to the game. Meeting friends outside the ground , putting the World to rights. None of us know how long it will be before we can do this again.
posted by mwk (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 7:12 PM

Top 5 1) Europa cup final 2)Villa play off 3)Juventos match 4)Blackburn away (Tigana era) 5) Carlisle away ( Rodney Mccrae) Can’t wait to get back down to the cottage,miss that place
posted by Chief (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 7:31 PM

Being at Halifax when we won 8-0. There were 16 of us there. Not sure anybody on this board was there. Sadly no Alex. Micky Beard. Graham. Mary. COYW. Me and Micky got lost in fog on Ilkley Moor trying to get a lift to Leeds in the middle of the night. Oh happy days!!
posted by Tony R - Sunday 25th October 2020, 7:49 PM

great stories
posted by hartopp (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 8:07 PM

Getting my all time hero’s autograph,the Maestro,at Barrow having hitch hiked there and back(we lost),Europa cup final,Juventus,what a night, Villa at Wembley with my son,Bobby Moore buying us a drink in Helmond,George Best offering to buy a drink on Guernsey,we were in awe,and somehow said no thanks!!!! Sorry,that’s six,like Camberley Dave,63 years and counting,stay safe everyone COYW
posted by Pete Mackay (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 8:17 PM

Too many memories which makes it too hard to really pick favourites. TaHowever, the Juventus return match must rank top for raw emotion having recovered from 4-1 down and leaving all of us absolutely shattered. Second, would be reaching the Cup Final having previously held the record for losing four semi-finals. Unfortunately, the Final was an anti-climax. The return to normal football in 1946 and having players returning from military service which deprived many of them their best footballing years. Players such as Ronnie Rooke and Jim Taylor my two favourites before the advent of the great Haynes, Jezzard and Robson. How many remember Ossie Evans? Although I only get to the Cottage only occasiionally now I can boast first being taken there in 1940 and after the War often attended all home and reserve matches until I served three years in the Army and resumed upon demob. So put me down for 80 years of supporting the Whites.
posted by bigboy4650 (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 8:53 PM

Wow,great memories bigboy
posted by Pete Mackay (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 9:05 PM

posted by
OWEN (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 5:03 PM

Something has got to give sooner or later, and it is now looking like the sooner? Bigboy' graciously reserved judgment on Parker up to 6 games? I would have gone one more up to West Brom, just because we came up with them, and they are 'er' a smidgin on par with us? How long do we give Parker until the inevitable? Some say up to xmas when we open our stockings from santa and surprise-surprise, it's socks and underpants again. My original thoughts was to bring in an experienced coach to work alongside Scott Parker and i came up with names such as the Lobster-man who only the really intelligent fans would know about. That guy from Leipzig is a no chance and not ever now, because Leipzig are flying in the Bundesliga. They are top with Bayern and Dortmund behind them. I just knew we had to move fast to get Nagelsmann before everyone knew he was a genius, (lol). Seriously, it is apparent more than ever that we need a foreign coach to get through the thick skin of our dunce lot. Nigel Pearson or big Sam will not do in the circumstances, because we have too many foreign players who will not get these guys ideas etc.Ralph Hasenhüttl is an Austrian and ex-football player who is at the helm at Southampton and they are doing more than okay in the prem. Southampton have always flirted and danced around in relegation mode every now and again, but they always pull it out the bag and they survive. Southampton also flourish and they beat some of the big boys to show that they can hack it in this division. Our Captain Lord Cairney showed some much needed urgency to score a nice goal after the game was lost. Cairneys attitude and games lately tells me that he can more than hack it in this division contrary to what some fans say about him. At the moment we are becoming like a ship without a rudder, and it is patently obvious that our team needs guidance and tweaking to some aspect. The West Brom game is game 7 and i think Scott Parkers last battalion where he proves that he can turn it around with an astounding win against them. Believe it or not, we seriously are improving, and i like the way we go forward in our last two games. The problem for us now is that the likes of Roy Hodgson is content to sit on his comfy chair and to admire our ball retention and possession knowing that sooner or later we will give them their few chances they need to finish us. We are so predictable now, other teams will give us the ball which we crave but sadly, no goals will come from it. Only a monumental effort against West Brom come the weekend, buttered with monogamous amounts of goals we score, just might give Parker a stay of execution. Maybe lucky 7 is the turning point of our season? Maybe Fulham can go on a run of winning games that we have threatened to do but flattered to decieve? 'Er' COME ON FULHAM'!!!
Replies
A lot of talk about the game against WBA being ‘ massive’ I don’t see it that way , they are on a parallel with us ( not very good) and expect them to be with us next season in the Championship. I think there could be a chance of staying up if and its a big if We can get in a new manager with the necessary skill to get the best out of what is a pretty good squad!
posted by John (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 6:28 PM

I was just trying to figure out who our main rivals for relegation will be, come the end of the season presuming that we will be still down there fighting it out. Being a pessimist, and before the season started, I thought the relegation fight would be between us, Villa, Palace, Southampton, West Ham, Newcastle and Brighton, Leeds and WBA. At present its us, WBA, Sheffield United, Burnley and Brighton. If as expected, Brighton beat WBA, and Spurs beat Burnley, it will probably be whitled down to just WBA, Burnley, Sheffield United and us.Four clubs trying to avoid 3 places. Does anyone on this site, expect any other clubs to be involved.? Leeds, Villa, Southampton, West Ham and Newcastle have really surprised me, as to how well they are doing, and they all look safe for another season
posted by A C (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 7:34 PM

posted by
alwayshopeful

previous posts

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 4:42 PM

Have two or three pints..turn the league table upside down and life doesn't feel too bad.
Replies
That’s a great idea,lots of so called supporters all doom and gloom,lots of games to go. This season’s a write off can’t even go !
posted by Chief (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 4:55 PM

posted by
Bourn/Belle (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 3:20 PM

Cannot confirm but local gossip from our training ground, several different sources, Eddie Howe has turned down offer of 2 yr contract with Fulham
Replies
This is the critical problem ....who is there to take over from Parker. Allardyce is the only experienced coach who has experience in getting teams more organised and surviving in this league... a bit like what Hodgson did for us. I think some of our players are not playing for Parker as well as they can as he is seen as too soft....we need a new coach to bring players up to speed ...Allardyce might join if the price was right for reaching at least 17th
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 4:41 PM

That’s a great idea! Just fresh from Bournemouth relegation could show us how to go down!,
posted by Chief (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 5:00 PM

See the bigger picture....he had some very good seasons with Bournemouth not only keeping them in the league but consistently performing against the odds ....he stayed there too long. Howe will get another decent team to coach soon despite the relegation he had with Bournemouth
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 5:31 PM

Eddie Howe failure at Bournemouth also failed at Burnley Go for my mate Bob Bradley with his PKs
posted by Percy perfect (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 5:39 PM

I don't feel that Eddie Howe will have the same hunger and love for Fulham as he has for Bournemouth. Howe had a close relationship with Jeff Mostyn and he wrote a tearful passionate letter when leaving Bournemouth. Trust me' you just know in your waters that Howe would be working for Fulham like a love-sick re-bound from Bournemouth. My advice is to leave Howe well alone because he will not have the same love for Fulham if that makes sense?
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 6:16 PM

posted by
bigboy4650 (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 11:42 AM

Some of you may recall that I said that I would reserve my judgement until. We had played six games. We have now reached that target and, unfortunately, I can see little hope of any significant improvement that is necessary to maintain our Premier status. When Parker was appointed in 2018 I stated it was a mistake and that he needed to learn his trade at a much lower level. However, it is unfair to place the blame on his shoulders alone as one cannot expect a Private to be promoted to a Field Marshall and succeed. The root cause lies with the hierarchy starting with our owner and his incompetent son and their failing to understand football. The management of the club is in the hands of yes men who are happy to enjoy large salaries but are not prepared to tell the Khans the truth about how to run the club. It is obvious our team needs time to adjust and bed in by which time it will be too late. We do have some excellent players but we are not a team, we have no leader on the pitch and, in my humble opinion, we need a strict disciplinarian to lick this team into shape and a coaching team with experience. We need to bring in an experience coach, probably from the Continent, who has tactical nous in order to change tactics during a game if need be. As far as I am concerned this season is a write off but we need to change as the Championship may not be so easy the time around.
Replies
A poster below said that we were outclassed by Palace yesterday, but I beg to differ, in fact the stats and the media said that overall we were the better side playing the superior football, but all we are missing is a slice of luck. When we hit the post twice yesterday it seemed it was not going to be our day, and so it proved. Surely we are due to the rub of the green soon. Watching Everton this afternoon, their defence looks no better than ours, giving away two cheap goals, and that seems to be the trend this season. WBA at home is a must win game, as that would give us a real boost, before playing Everton and Leicester.
posted by Brian Jarvis (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 3:03 PM

Agree Brian' we play some nice football with plenty of possession but sadly lacking in goals. Something has got to change? Bigboy has some good points...
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 4:12 PM

Agree with most but can anyone come up with some viable names of coaches we might get that would improve us.... we do need a strong disciplinarian definitely....our team is too naive and soft perhaps reflecting the coach
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 4:46 PM

Brian, whilst you may, technically, be correct, Palace outscored us, which is the real issue
posted by Rm (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 5:24 PM

Before a ball was kicked yesterday, I thought barring injuries this was our strongest 11. What became clear the balance of the side was not right. We were far too narrow and ponderous.I am not advocating the return of Cav but on the right side we had no width and was relying on the Aina. Added to this, pushing Anguissa to the right of the 3 restricted his impact. We had no runners in midfield supporting the forwards and although we kept the ball , it was slow and we rarely threatened. What have we learned ? Unfortunately Cairney, Leminar and Anguissa are not the 3 midfielder's. I think LC, Anguissa and A N other (possibly Reed) for balance is better suited. Maybe giving Kebano a try on the right to stretch the defence. Yesterday was a poor performance but it is interesting our worse performances have all been at home where we try and take the game to the opposition. When we are away we can hit on the break and cause problems. The season is going to be tough, but we still have time to put it right.
posted by Guardian (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 7:27 PM

posted by
Percy upstart (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 10:19 AM

Bob Bradley
Replies
No thanks , not so Yankee Doodle Dandy .
posted by George (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 10:57 AM

Eddie howe young and done the graft .parker lost it looks totally lost,almost doing impression of boris talking rate of knots not making much sense so come on dont start waiting till xmas christ we will be dead and buried.
posted by the real arch bishop (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 11:09 AM

We need to find the right person if Parker is to be replaced. We don't want "another Ranieri". I'd rather stick with Parker and accept the inevitable. I was wracking my brain for viable options. Apparently, Raphael Benitez is getting restless in China. Would we like to see him brought in?
posted by Chas (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 2:41 PM

I’m with you Bish, Eddie Howe would be a good fit for us. Always seems a nice bloke, very Fulhamish. Also has a good track record on an even smaller budget than ours. How you doing by the way, long time no speak?
posted by Mortlake (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 3:04 PM

Eddie Howe would be great but our ship has sunk too far for him to be interested....unless we offer him massive money. And to the comment suggesting we should leave Parker and accept the inevitable....my view is we have strived so hard to get into this league we need to give it absolutely everything to stay put, that’s what being a good supporter is all about.....never be defeated without an almighty fight....we are lame and whimpering at the moment and those supporters who accept this status quo need to take a long hard look at themselves. Good support is striving for the best.
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 4:56 PM

posted by
NRL (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 9:46 AM

Is anyone in agreement when I say that I don't think our coaching staff understand the present offside rules? I've watched the 1st goal yesterday several times and it seems to me our back line stepped up leaving Batshuyi miles offside only for the scorer to waltz through for an easy goal....that was all well and good under the old rules when the linesman would've flagged but it's really outdated tactics now.
Replies
We were offside during a throw in up the other end in the second half
posted by Pez (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 10:38 AM

You can't be offside from a throw in.
posted by mwk (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 11:21 AM

posted by
Billeo (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 9:04 AM

Our confidence is on the floor and it affects everything the team does. We need a little luck, on another day we could have had 2 goals then it’s a different game/team. We need to throw off the shackles and take chances. At the moment by the time we’ve got to the oppositions area they’ve had time to think about their next car, pick their teeth, organise life insurance, pay their bills online, run to the bog take a dump, fix their hair, sunbathe in summer, call their wife/girlfriend or both, etc, etc.
Replies
Don't like hearing that word Alerdyce mentioned on this board. We don't want fifty yard balls being played all day long, then just trying to rely on set pieces to score. They will probably get rid of Parker, but we have to be careful who we appoint. That chap from Bournemouth seems the best bet, only because of his experience in the Premiership and working at a smallish club. He would have a bit of money to spend, and his team played nice counter-attacking football. Eddie Howe for me.
posted by Fulham Addict (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 9:41 AM

posted by
MARCUS (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 8:20 AM

It's obvious to see the club and management is wrong at Fulham FC. Look at how well players that have been loaned out or sold perform when they exit the club. Harry Arter and Cyrus Christie looked good playing for Forest. Dan Burn, solid player at Brighton, as too is Matt Targett at Villa. Bad management that cant see Mitro is a passenger in the team so effectively Fulham play with only 10 men every time he is fielded. Bad management cant see that Cairney should be instructed to take more long distance shots. Bad management cant see that bringing in low standard players like Ola Aina and Fabricio Agosto contributes nothing to strengthening the team. Rodakand even Bettinelli are stronger more dominent keepers. Lets now get a strong minded Manager into the club that has the ability to inspire a very dejected team and hope they can save another drop from the Premier.
Replies
Forest is a Championship team anyone can look good in the Championship, which is part of the problem, we have Championship players who are struggling to become Premier League ones. We also have some talented young players who will take a time to settle in. Any manager would struggle without time, perhaps more than we have, to get this team to operate at the level need to win games. The gap between the Championship and PL gets wider each year and this team would probably walk the Championship but is not good enough at this level. Scott Parker is doing his best to get them to the level they need to be. Finding a new manager now who could get us to win games consistently would take a very special person who does not exist.
posted by The Time Is Now - Sunday 25th October 2020, 8:55 AM

Marcus, what is the alternative to Mitrovic? He's the best striker we've had for years but right now he's being expected to do too much upfront on his own. He is the last player any Fulham fan should be picking on...he has over 30 goals in 38 international appearances which proves his worth...get off his back, we don't have anybody else. We have a dearth of midfielders which Parker tries to accommodate, that's the real problem...square pegs into round holes, why on earth sign Loftus-Cheek when we needed another forward? What does he possibly add to the equation?
posted by NRL (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 9:54 AM

The Time is Now- Arter, Christie and Knockhart didn't particularly impress most of the time in the Championship under Parker. That is the point. The coaching is letting Fulham down.
posted by Chas (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 12:12 PM

Parker has started to ramble at press calls, no idea what he is on about, said we must stop walking the ball in this is the prem!!! more goals are scored inside the box than outside over season ,so that theory is pointless, most good strikers still try to walk ball in eg rashford marahz townsend,for a few, one more dribble then i will shoot usually when they can see keepers eyelashes !!!.May be a bit more training as to were the net is when having shooting practise, may be a coach who can show how the midfield connects to the strikers,we have half prem, half championship players, mix them up and its pure chaos.How long can ffc carry parker and his ideas? he has 3 year contract so it aint cheap to pay him of but we lose more if we drop again .
posted by the real arch bishop (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 1:17 PM

The coaching is letting us down and so is the management. What decent manager would come to the club when they have to put up with Tony Kahn undermining them by sending a Twitter to the fans apologising for losing games. Parker is a rookie manager who will put up with that however even he now has the look of someone who wants out. Again and again it all boils down to the management and Tony Kahn.
posted by Tom (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 2:01 PM

Parker will never walk with the sort of contract he has 15m over 3 years what club would pay this incompetent even a quarter,no Tony get in a professional and give him full control over transfers.As previously stated it would cost a lot more if we are relegated.
posted by KUNYE (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 2:32 PM

Most of us were scratching our heads at the contract renewal given to Parker so soon ....another TK faux pas
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 5:34 PM

posted by
geezer (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 8:15 AM

Seems they have got themselves a jem of a manager. Only started a week before the games started. Only let one is so far. And now top five points clear.

posted by
Joka’s Revenge (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 6:44 AM

1) Parker, the top job has just come too early for him in his career 2) The squad is below par for the league caused by a poor transfer strategy 3) TK as Director of Football is not performing well and cannot be expected to do the right thing and sack Parker early enough to give us a chance this season 4) The club is becoming unattractive for a decent coach, even Allardyce might turn us down. So, there are a number of problems to overcome now, a further failure is to do nothing. I trust (well not sure)TK and Mackintosh have already approached a number of possible coaches as a replacement for Parker and will probably leave it until the next international break which I believe is leaving it too late. And yes if we win against WBA everyone will think it is ok when it won’t be...it will just delay the inevitable. I’ve not heard a coherent case put forward for keeping Parker on other than not having faith that TK will appoint a suitable replacement. Yes, it is a risk but at least give us a fighting chance, we are a ship sinking fast and it is distressing to watch from afar.
Replies
Allerdyce ‘decent’ please no!
posted by Billeo (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 9:05 AM

posted by
denny (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 6:33 AM

I coach at a local team, who play low level football. What I see is from FFC is a possession based team who work the ball from left to right, to create openings.This is fine, excepting runners from midfield have to penetrate the opponents defence to create space. The delivery from wide has to be good, Robinson good player he may become, does not do that job well enough. Bryan would be a better option for this, but is defensively weaker. Palace we all know will sit and use the break, with Zaha their possible match winner. When defending one of the midfield players has to limit his ability to receive the ball and double up with the full back in wide positions. This did not happen which ultimately cost us the match.From free kicks no attempt is made to use a long ball into their box, just sideways passing to retain possession. Our main striker is not very mobile and unable to close down defenders, but is good in the air and around the box with good feet. So in effect our main goal threat is working little angles from our possession through a packed defence. Shooting from distance is not encouraged, or playing a quick ball, as possession could be lost. This makes scoring against good defenders very difficult as the aerial route to Mitrovic is lost through lack of quality delivery. No protection is provided to our defenders, against runners from the opposistion midfeild if Reed is not playing. This is what I see as a second rate coach, possession for the sake of it, without any clear direction will not win games. What does a professional coach see 3 points every time. Conclusion with current team and coach 18-20 points maximum possible. Relegation certainty.
Replies
Add to all of the above.....no in game intelligence, no tactical awareness to the changing risks, slow thinking, slow reactions, slow passing, poor unimaginative set plays, predictable player shape when in possession, shambolic player shape when we haven’t got the ball, no on field leadership
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 6:48 AM

posted by
Ron Noades (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 1:34 AM

That Areola seems a bit of a tit
Replies
I tried that joke before Ron and nobody got it, nipped in the bud so to speak. Still, the two of us are on wavelength.
posted by The Arizonan - Sunday 25th October 2020, 6:24 AM

That joke sucks .
posted by Pete (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 7:18 AM

Think we choose to dismiss it as a rather infantile contribution from one of our younger contributors.
posted by Realistic (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 8:45 AM

He was just milking it for a laugh ...
posted by The Arizonan - Sunday 25th October 2020, 3:10 PM

posted by
The Arizonan

previous posts

posted on
Sunday 25th October 2020, 12:28 AM

Saw you posted below and was wondering how you're getting on? I hope there's some light at the end of the tunnel for you. You're not forgotten mate, neither is Iris. Wish we had a better season for you.

posted by
Alan B (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 11:36 PM

After watching MOTD, this evening every team, and I include Sheffield United seem streets ahead of us in every department, in fact although I am loth to say it, it looks like we are being outclassed by every team in this division, and it will be far better for all of us to be back where we belong in the Championship. A few of the honest Fulham supporters are saying and quote "let's enjoy the ride", well so far, apart from leading at Sheffield United last week, there has been nothing in this ride to enjoy at all, in fact every weekend's results are making me really miserable, and I am already looking forward to this pergertury to be over.
Replies
We have become a joke team....it is and has become difficult to enjoy the ride now.....don’t mind losing but please put up a fight and give us something to cheer, we are lame and pathetic atm and this won’t change with Parker.
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 6:52 AM

With supporters like you two that comment is just about right because supporters stick with their team through bad times as well as good.
posted by Ken44 (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 8:07 AM

Ken . It’s not about being a good supporter, you can tell by the Tone of the letters on our site that we all love the club but that doesn’t mean we can’t vent our frustration on our problems. If you are ok with the shambolic performance week after week that’s fine ,but it must be plain for all to see that we have massive Problems here and like any other fan feel that a change of how the club is being run is long overdue. Having said all that it’s no good changing the manager unless you can get one who knows what is required , and are there any out there willing to take on the job?
posted by John (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 10:09 AM

Just discovered that KEN is Parkers missus.
posted by Cottager (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 11:20 AM

I wont rise to that cottager because you probably already know Cottager is slang for the gay community who frequent strange places.I do not.I do believe Scott Parker is better than merry go round managers like Alladyce but he does need to be less rigid and realize it is not a weakness to change when something is not working such as one striker upfront.
posted by Ken44 (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 4:20 PM

It’s about being a sensible supporter.....not a mindless one .....there is a difference
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 4:33 PM

Ken please read comment above in different feed regarding being a good supporter
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 4:58 PM

Sensible post John
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 4:59 PM

posted by
alwayshopeful

previous posts

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 11:00 PM

Was mitrovich in the team today?????
Replies
He looked to me a C W O S another shot ballooned over the bar when it would have been easier to score
posted by KUNYE (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 11:13 PM

Sort of
posted by SmithyFFC - Saturday 24th October 2020, 11:16 PM

Hey' don't blame poor Mitrovic' it is all Kamara's fault apparently!!!
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 11:50 PM

posted by
GEORGE (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 10:19 PM

6 games were his limit.
Replies
What your source
posted by Percy Percival (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 10:50 PM

Are you Shads catfish account George?
posted by SmithyFFC - Saturday 24th October 2020, 11:17 PM

If Parker is sacked' where is that Leipzig manager, or the lobster-man, or Benitez!!!!! Give me more juice dude!!! Where have you heard this info??? MST, Ari, say something guys...
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 11:33 PM

Fake news, unfortunately, and knowing TK guides his decisions based on statistics, it doesn't bode well to be honest. Would be nice seeing Marcelino as a coach. Good CV in Spain and well known dressing room motivator (which we desperately need). If TK wasn't a megalomaniac, he would be wise to hire a good Director of Football, Like Ralf Rangnick (currently unemployed) or Luis Campos (amazing job in Lille), but that's wishful thinking. I suspect another point in WBA and that will be it until January.
posted by Rico (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 12:22 AM

posted by
Jim (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 10:04 PM

Tony K throw away your stats model, it fails more than track and trace
Replies
As long as Khan insists on being our Director of Football this club is going nowhere.Scottie is getting the usual criticism but Jurgen Klopp would struggle if he had the idiot-son as his DOF.
posted by GEZZA (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 10:17 PM

It’s not even about the model. If you want to stay up, you have to build from the back. Aina, Adarabioyo, and Robinson are 24, 23 and 23 respectively. He’s expecting young players who’ve never done it before at this level to stop the world’s best. Are there any other EPL teams where three of the back four are this young and inexperienced? I doubt it. These players will grow over the season, but they aren’t ready for the test. Parker is going to the scapegoat but Khan’s buying is the issue.
posted by Drago (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 1:16 AM

Drago- Totally agree.
posted by GEZZA (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 1:54 AM

Def agree with all you said, all players bought too late, no experienced premiership players, Mitro has absolutely no support or supply coming to him, can’t be expected to do it all by himself, he scores plenty when with decent teams.
posted by Mike Stonely (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 2:40 PM

posted by
Chas (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 9:57 PM

I felt we needed at least 5 points from these 3 games after the break and we're not going to get them. Parker showed tactical nous in the playoffs, but he's not learning quickly enough. We could bring in a mentor to work alongside him, but it might be best to make a clean break. What I saw from the 3 players playing for Nottingham Forest last night who were with us last season, emphasis ed the difference an experienced manager can make. If we do make the change, we need to get it right. And the Khans' track record is poor to terrible, with one exception (ignoring Parker who probably was the sensible choice at the time).

posted by
SmithyFFC

previous posts

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 9:17 PM

Jeez we cant hit a cows arse with a banjo. What are they doing in training? In the PL you need to take your chances. Our lot have been woeful! I wonder if Tones stats cover shot accuracy?
Replies
Hey, enough of hitting a cow's arse with a banjo. It causes the animal to lose weight and damages the banjo.
posted by The Arizonan - Sunday 25th October 2020, 12:24 AM

posted by
They call me Trinity (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 9:08 PM

Muppet boy(SP) , If the rule you followed got you to where you are, of what use was the rule?

posted by
Broadsword (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 8:45 PM

Have come to the conclusion that I am either very bad or very unlucky at football bets. Therefore it might be time to break the cardinal rule and start betting on Fulham to lose.
Replies
Wise move Bruv !
posted by John (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 9:03 PM

posted by
Alan (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 8:21 PM

Scott Parker was a successful international footballer how come he cannot see where we are going wrong , tv pundits all can see it clearly so what is Scott’s problem
Replies
Wood for trees
posted by MST (Moderator) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 9:01 PM

Very few successful footballers make great managers; most successful managers are former journeymen
posted by Rm (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 9:35 PM

posted by
Drago (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 8:12 PM

If the Khans panic again, it’ll be a long dark season. I’m not a Parker fan, but he deserves 19 matches, time for the new players to fit in. Anguissa, Lemina, Lookman, Robinson... these are all good buys and upgrades. We really missed Tete. Aina is Cyrus Christie 2.0, and was the weak link again today. I wanted SP to try Bryan on the right at halftime - Bryan can cut in and deliver a cross - which Mitro was desperate for. What has to be clear now is that we need TC closer to goal, where he played under Slav. He funnels the ball into the right areas in a deeper role, but it’s not enough from him, we need asssist and goals. His run into the box nearly came off. I don’t know what Parker can do with the defense at this point, that first Palace goal was so easily conceded.
Replies
Can’t agree re Aina. First goal new centre back was ball watching, second goal Keeper went for a ball he was never going to get.
posted by MST (Moderator) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 9:03 PM

How many times did he take on and beat a defender or deliver a good cross? Once in 90 minutes? Zaha beat him whenever he ran at him. He’s not at the level, MST. Maybe someday, not today.
posted by Drago (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 10:07 PM

posted by
OWEN (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 7:06 PM

Tom Cairney's goal right at the end just sums up our day today. Cairney has all the talent going to make him successful and prolific in the prem, but for reasons unknown or we could argue, reasons we know? He just cannot shake more than a leg with urgency or anything else. At 2-0 down we should be showing more urgency. Back in the Championship, Fulham did always up the tempo and hunt down a goal, but for some unknown reasons, we lack any of that. All the experts are saying that we play some nice football which we know we do, but we are too nice, too tame! There is no bite to our game, and we just can't walk the ball in the net in this league. Parker brings Kamara on to add bite, but it was the wrong kind of bite that was needed. There are far worse cases of sendings off i could reel off here but what's the use of that now. Kamara was sent on with a long list of notes from Parker which is not what we need in a confusing crisis on the pitch. What the note should have said was to 'pull your head out of your .rse and up the tempo and go for goal. Giving a teachers note to Kamara is like telling a bear to play nicely. Send Kamara on by all means, but tell the big guy to up his pace and take some shots etc, etc. To stick another striker out there at right wing is negative. Where was Kebano in all this nonsense? Kamara's only crime was his clumsiness, and it just sums up our day again. When you need all the experience like an Ancelotti we can't get any anywhere.This is the reason why Scott Parker is losing friends fast. Any clown who thinks that Kamara is the cause of this mess, are not real football people and they know very little about football. We might as well say that half the team shouldn't be playing in this superior league. That is a nonsense saying. Roy Hodgeson quietly sat down and he was more than happy for Fulham to have most of the posession. Tick that detail off Scott Parker' that is the only thing we get right every week now, more ball possession than the opposition! The only detail this Fulham team needs, is tweaking. Can Scott Parker do it? Does he even know how to tweak this Fulham team? The writing is on the wall if we lose to WBA. Sadly, the final curtain is near! Hey' Toms goal was special though, but 'so what'!!!!!!!!!
Replies
I hope we loose to WBA,so that it may hasten the departure of that managerial nonce PARKER
posted by Putney Pete (Guest) - Sunday 25th October 2020, 11:23 AM

posted by
T Rad (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:08 PM

The only thing at this point to wake up the players is to sack Scotty P. He has to beat West Brom or a change must be made. The players mentality will be at rock bottom and the only way up is to shake the structure up! COYW
Replies
What utter rubbish we new the problem with the defence and we know the one striker is not working. Scott Parker is the Manager and gets the flack but do we know if he asked TK to get another striker or not no we do not. Talking through disappointment is easy to understand but apart from finishing where were Palace better than us because I do not believe they were.
posted by Ken44 (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:28 PM

Well you don’t get points for possession and as they scored two goals and we scored a late consolation the final score says they were better than us...
posted by MST (Moderator) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:59 PM

No it it does not it proves they took there chances and thats only one aspect of the game,
posted by Ken44 (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 7:34 PM

Ken44, they were better than us in defence and attack. We were better at keep ball, that doesn’t win games though. Roy plays counter attack and we couldn’t deal with it. We need to add pace when we have the ball.
posted by Gaz - Saturday 24th October 2020, 7:41 PM

So what is Parker going to do to correct the problem? He doesn't know. He's hoping that some team will take pity on us and allow us to win a match or two.
posted by mwk (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 7:44 PM

Ken you head is somewhere ....... They were better than us
posted by Alan (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 8:10 PM

It does often seem that changing the manager has an immediate, if sometimes short-term, beneficial effect on a team. However, it need to be the right choice and the evidence of 2 seasons ago suggests Fulham don't make right choices.
posted by Broadsword (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 8:51 PM

There is nothing to shake up. How many Premier League matches did Ola Aina, Antonee Robinson and Tosin Adaribayo have between them going into this season? What is their average age? It’s three inexperienced boys plus a too-slow Ream against the world’s best... never a fair fight. We strengthened in midfield and in attack with Lookman, but our backline gives us no chance. We needed a Scott Dann type, a gritty character with some hard-won understanding of the game. No manager is turning that backline into an unbreakable wall. There are slight adjustments SP can and should make. But he doesn’t have the horses, let’s be honest.
posted by Drago (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 8:54 PM

Ken in your blind adoration of Parker,,methinks you are on some funny stuff or are related to him
posted by Putney Pete (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 9:08 PM

I’m not sure some people really understand football ....Palace did a job on us today ....different class to us
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 9:19 PM

The only thing you have ask yourself Ken is, How many shots did we have on target and how many did they have? Woy always has our measure, think he’s probably more tactically astute than Scotty. That aside they were better than us.
posted by Mortlake (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 10:14 PM

posted by
T Rad (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:08 PM

The only thing at this point to wake up the players is to sack Scotty P. He has to beat West Brom or a change must be made. The players mentality will be at rock bottom and the only way up is to shake the structure up! COYW
Replies
We have a squad of players who are more than capable of seeing us finishing mid table,the problem, which i reiterate once again is having a complete novice as a manager,we need a kick arse who can keep us in this division or a long term tactician like Eddie Howe.Incedently where is the Parker fan club whose incessant chant is we have to give him time,well his time must now be up.
posted by KUNYE (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:21 PM

Well its an opinion buit not one I agree with.
posted by Ken44 (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:30 PM

Kunye' i am in agreement with you, that we now have a squad to keep us up. I have sided with Parker all the way up till now, but now we are at a crossroads. WBA and Fulham came up together, and we have invested more than WBA. It is imperative that we gain a favorable result against the Brummies. Scott Parker will know that feeling in his bones. By the way Kuyne' it would be nice if you acknowledge that Anguissa was a good acquisition back in the squad?
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:32 PM

Owen more or less said that when saying we basically have a mid table squad.
posted by KUNYE (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:53 PM

If we hadn't gone up i don't think we would have some of us baying for Scotties blood. I for one am sticking with him!!
posted by werderdel (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 7:29 PM

WEIRDO i suppose someone has to stick up for him
posted by cottager (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 9:11 PM

posted by
Fulham boy (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:04 PM

How many more times are we to endure football proffesionals state that fulham pass to much with no finish, easily hit on the break. BBC pundat said ffc look completely out of their depth at this level, SP playing style with the players we have wont work. Games are won and lost in the penalty area not by pretty football in you own half or on the halfway line. We have some good players unfortuneatly a manager without experience of how to play to the players strentgh he has rather than making them fit into his way that clearly does not work.
Replies
We look like Norwich looked last season. we play lots of pretty football with no penetration and defend like a poor pub team.
posted by The Time Is Now - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:07 PM

Agree the evidence that Parker is not fit for purpose in the PL is there for all to see.....so what if we beat WBA it suddenly doesn’t make everything alright....we need to make a change NOW
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:09 PM

With SP in charge for the rest of the season we won't amass the Norwich total points score
posted by KUNYE (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:23 PM

With SP in charge for the rest of the season we won't amass the Norwich total points score
posted by KUNYE (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:23 PM

Well if your that sure I suggest you go down the bookies and put a fiver on but as a former betting shop manager I am sure they would rub there hands with glee when you left.
posted by Ken44 (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:48 PM

posted by
ForeverLoyal7

previous posts

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:54 PM

nguissa, Needs time, Robinson FFC thru and Thru, Lookman Excellent, The Super Duo, this is out strength, Usw It... Areola, I am still deciding, Per Gentleman Jim,, All FFC for 8 minutes, It should be All FFC for 30 minutes, and then regroup...All FFC traffic, then 2 atacks and 2-0 down...There is nothing like a throbbing cottage Atmosphere of home fans, but every team has a missing 12th player, ... We also need a 2nd striker to boost our front line, and eventual continuity in the premiership.... Am I the Only Person who sees this ???Half Time 2-0 Slopppy---Sloppy__Sloppy!!!
Replies
When the first Palace goal went in I thought there must be a foul or an offside as Fulham players were just standing around while the ball was put in the net.
posted by The Time Is Now - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:05 PM

If I could understand you I might agree, probably not but plain English would help.
posted by Confused (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:12 PM

posted by
Jim (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:45 PM

In our relegation season last time. First 6 games we had 4 points and scored 8 goals. This current team is crap

posted by
mustafha (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:37 PM

Fulham footbal club needs a new manager
Replies
66% possession. 3 shots on target. Decent players.Boring predictable football.Nothing new . so what more can we say.
posted by jimjo (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:45 PM

Watched parkers post match interview what a load of old b.....ks
posted by Old Un (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 10:55 PM

posted by
Rm (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:20 PM

OK....we already know that we will be lucky to get 15 points this season, possibly nearer 10. But let’s not kid ourselves; Parker is a problem, but getting rid of him will change nothing, except unsettle the whole club, as not a single manager in the world could keep us up. Our team is simply not good enough and we should Bank the money, regroup next year and rebuild, with the benefit of a new stand, money in the bank, and experience
Replies
Get rid of Parker and built again.
posted by Jim (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:22 PM

We are bad but we are not doomed! Not sure what is the solution. New manager. New tactics. Both. I don’t know but with 32 games to go, you cannot day we are doomed. I don’t like Pearson but he has a way to get points in the premier league team. This team is as talented as the Watford team last season and Pearson would have kept them up if he had a few more games or even allowed to finish the season. We have a new stadium next season the owners know we must cut the ribbon for a premier league game and not against Lincoln city or equivalent!! Maybe time to pull the trigger.
posted by John (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:28 PM

How many times do we need to be relegated from the premier league to regroup-rebuild until we learn how to stay in the division?
posted by Pez (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:39 PM

Whats wrong with unsettling a club that “will be lucky to get 15 points, possibly nearer 10”. Needs a bit of “unsettling” I’d have thought!!. Palace lost their first 7 games in 2017-18, and a change of manager (Woy) turned their futures round, and they had a much weaker squad than we currently have. Make no mistake, we have good enough players to say up, excluding Kamara, whose tackle today was neither deliberate or vindictive, but simply the result of a clumsy player out of his depth. TK has strengthened the squad, but the lack of pace, threat up front, and defensive shape under pressure, have barely changed.
posted by phild - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:43 PM

Though they finished above us in the table last season we were a better team than WBA. Let us see if that is still the case. The next game is probably the last start to redemption we are going to get.
posted by The Time Is Now - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:46 PM

We have got to try something new....an experienced coach might not disrupt things or perhaps a bit of disruption is needed.....and so what if we beat WBA it doesn’t suddenly make everything alright, we shouldn’t just focus everything week by week too many supporters view things in this foolish superficial manner
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:05 PM

posted by
The Time Is Now

previous posts

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:20 PM

We have a decent midfield but we can't defend and we can't finish. We had enough good chances in that game to win it if we could finish and defend.
Replies
Disagree slightly. I think there’s nothing wrong with the squad, certainly good enough to keep us up. Problem is the game they play is simply too naive at this level, and pressure is going to build on SP pretty soon. A loss against WBA could make things difficult for him.
posted by phild - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:27 PM

Our midfield is one of the problems why we cannot defend. Tactically we were a mess again in the first goal. For all his potential and power and presence, Anguissa lacks tactical prowess at times. Either that or he does not understand what Parker wants of him defensively. We basically trotted out without a holding midfielder again... Also Aina isn’t quite the defender unfortunately. And then Mitro and Loftus have been a bit of a waste both goinrg fwd and backwards unfortunately. The quality is reasonably OK, we clearly do not have the depth but have 13-14 useful guys now. If Parker cannot figure it out, someone else must. Now or next week latest... Marcelino would great, else maybe Marco Silva, Howie(?), Jardim, even Montella (knows the club and evena has a song to his name... Viceeenzoooo, oh oh, Montella, oh oh oh oh, he comes deom Italy...). Or bring back Slavisa!
posted by Marco (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:53 PM

Those tactics were never going to work against a Roy team and Parker must have known that. Man City change tactics and players positions a handful of times each game which confuses most team. You must have a plan to beat the team you play not just keep playing in the same way and hope it comes good, it won't.
posted by The Time Is Now - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:53 PM

posted by
Fulham supporter (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:08 PM

A miss mash of signings who don’t play as a team . Also forget Harrison Reed he’s injured too much get rid same last year especially when we needed him crucially at the end of the season .

posted by
Rob Clark (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:57 PM

Pass!.. Pass!... Pass!... That seems to be our game giving the opponents to pack their goal area. All our opponents have to do is wait until we lose the ball then spring-board into a counter attack and in most cases scare the daylights out of our weak defence or score... How about Shoot!.. Shoot.. Shoot... and scare the living daylights out of the opponents for a change... Cairney: I am afraid is to safe.. Should take a risk instead of safe passing... Ream: Gets caught out in defence at some point in the game...
Replies
Whoopee I've just heard that we have scored, that's good news but a bit too late, but better news is that Kamara has been sent off, but what was he doing on the pitch in the first place. I hope that it was a straight red, as at least he will not be playing for 3 matches. All you mugs who paid £14.99 to watch that rubbish, must have money to burn, you would have been better off if you did what I did and put £15 on Palace to win. It is with a heavy heart I will collect my money, but the result was pretty obvious I'm afraid.
posted by Malden Mick (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:09 PM

I feel so sorry for young Lookman. He's the only one running and wanting the ball. We've got to be the slowest team in England. Fulham wouldn't even be able to compete in a walking football league, too slow.
posted by mwk (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:10 PM

I wrote mu initial post 5 mins before the end of game... Well done Cairney. However my original post still stands.. I will still keep to my original point his passes are to safe...
posted by Rob Clark (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:23 PM

Did anyone see the Wet Spam v Men sitty match. The WH manager worked out passing from the back against MC's high press was suicide as was their normal passing game. So the keeper always kicked the ball long and the ball was crossed into the box as often as possible. Your tactics should be based on who you play not a stubborn one size fits all tactic. Mitro is starved of chances while we dominate the ball to no effect.
posted by The Time Is Now - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:33 PM

I have some terrible disappointments and sadness this year, but here I was, hoping against hope that at least my Fulham would be there to cheer me up at last, but things do to with our club, like not signing a striker, are quite depressing, and our results are a complete disaster to date. It's no over yet, but even at this stage relegation seems inevitable, which is a very sad state of affairs, as we are only in October.
posted by LTS (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:34 PM

Look on the bright side. About six thousand of us will be sitting in a lovely new stand to watch the likes of Brentford, Watford and Cardiff coming to the Cottage. Can’t wait (well assuming come August next year we’ve got the vaccine).
posted by Bacchus (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:50 PM

Saw the game TTIN and agree with you about the Moyes plan. The difference is they have a hard working centre forward who is quick and backed up when on the offence. We could not play this way because we are slow. If we lose the ball in the opposition half we can’t get back to stop the counter.
posted by Gaz - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:58 PM

If we had got ten decent crosses into the box Mitro would score from six of them. We never cross we always pass on the ground which when you are facing two banks of four rarely works. The only way to best a RH team is to round them not through them.
posted by The Time Is Now - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:13 PM

posted by
Tony R

previous posts

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:53 PM

Well SK and TK have had their decision made very easy!
Replies
They won’t do anything and when they inevitably will have to do something it will be too late
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:58 PM

Get rid Parker now. This team is far worse then the one relegated last time Start to rebuild in January. Every team has pushed on except us
posted by Jim (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:24 PM

Thats your opinion Nd I believe you are wrong.
posted by Ken44 (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 6:56 PM

posted by
Horsham White (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:49 PM

Proving yet again that he is no way whatsoever a Premier League player.
Replies
We are just not on it, Cairney should have tucked that one in! In that case none are up to prem. Are you watching this game???
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:52 PM

He is embarrassing at this level
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:56 PM

Wonder what pearls of wisdom our manager will come out with at the post match interview ?
posted by JH (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:56 PM

It was a great goal by Cairney, but we are too soft, too nice. It did look like if we played another 1 1/2 we wouldn't score. We have got to take our half chances and not chugg on at 2-0. If no result against WBA next week? Scott Parker?????
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:00 PM

At least Kamara can't play for 3 matches. That's a bonus.
posted by mwk (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:01 PM

He ought to say, I'm learning my trade and on a nice little earner, thanks Fulham!
posted by Bean (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:02 PM

Thought three matches was for violent conduct. This is just one isn’t it?
posted by MST (Moderator) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:06 PM

The match was lost before AK came on, but that was a spiteful tackle and was definitely a red . Thought we were off the pace from the start. Roy knew exactly how to beat us. Overall we were awful, absolutely no pace in the final third, Mitrovic yet again not at it. AK is not suited for VAR, stupid to tackle like that with cameras all over the place.
posted by Gaz - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:07 PM

I would give Kamara a season ban for impersonating a footballer. A brainless moron describes him better.
posted by mwk (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:23 PM

MWK you know very little about football. Kamara cost us points in 1 game this year so far when he should have scored point-blank! Mitro has cost us more than a few points so far and counting! Keep up the good work by laying into Kamara and ignore the chaos going on around you. If this was WW2 we would have no chance with that kind of know-how. Some players can impact a game coming on for a few minutes and some can't. Kamara cannot undo our inability to put that ball in the net in the time required to save the game, and on the wing???
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 7:17 PM

Owen what the F*** are you on? So you can express your opinions and others can't because your so knowledgeable in all football matters. Who mentioned about Kamara and Mitrovic costing the team points, I didn't. I agree Kamara is an impact player and proved it today by getting sent off.
posted by mwk (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 9:37 PM

Sorry mwk, i got my thingies muddled up. I agree that Kamara is an impact player and his time on the pitch is very minimal to our state of play. Kamara has been playing in the completely wrong position out wide to have any serious effect other than crossing the ball into Mitrovic or cutting in. We are trying that over on the opposite side to little effect also. It is the right time now for somebody more knowledgeable than myself to come on here and explain in football terms on the reasons why we are losing every week. I can guarantee you this, it certainly isn't Kamara's fault for all his 'er' faults. I just think that some people don't understand football properly.
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 11:49 PM

posted by
OWEN (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:49 PM

BULLCRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

posted by
John (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:39 PM

I understand the desire to play possession football. i understand it. But surely the strategy should be you play possession football in the 1st and 2nd third but when you get to the final third, possession football doesn't work unless you have fantastic players like they have at man City. Even Arsenal a few years ago struggled to pass into the goal. WHY WHY WHY. The team now look totally demotivated and have no idea what to do next!
Replies
Ask TK for a new manager would seem the best thing to do !
posted by John (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:43 PM

just draw one out the bag... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaremanager/statistik/?statistik=40&plus=0
posted by John (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:47 PM

posted by
Joka’s Revenge (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:30 PM

If you want to be a coach learn your trade in the lower leagues and if you are any good you will get your chance in the Premier League ...that’s how it should have been .....we have inexperienced players why on earth did Khan not understand this won’t work with an inexperienced coach as well
Replies
Parker talked about how he had to give the team their confidence back after the last stint in the premier league , well he’s not doing much for their confidence now , clueless
posted by Alan (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:39 PM

If Parker knows he’s taken the club as far as he can he needs to say so and walk away. I don’t see how he thinks we are staying in the division
posted by Pez (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:42 PM

When belief has gone .....time for a change ......
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:49 PM

posted by
Pez (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:25 PM

Sickening
Replies
One point every six games we will end the season with 6 points
posted by One point (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:30 PM

Frustrating and becoming embarrassing, this time next month we will be planning for the championship
posted by Pez (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:36 PM

Think we started planning weeks ago !
posted by John (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:45 PM

posted by
Alan (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:16 PM

Loftus Cheek is offering nothing
Replies
Now he takes the wrong man off F
posted by Alan (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:24 PM

next week vote of confidence from TK .if we dont get 3 points from wba, sacked.
posted by T.NO (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:31 PM

posted by
O David (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:52 PM

Should have put it away (I'll forgive him). But, if he had gone down and forced VAR, would it have been a pen? Don't see any difference between the defender getting there late and standing on his foot, to then pen Mitro gave away last week. Surely it's late and a follow through in both cases. Only difference is he didn't go down. No mention of it on the commentary either. Maybe im missing something.

posted by
T.NO (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:52 PM

Players ocassionally go on OFF and this is just where Mitro is at the moment.After last weeks shambles he should have burnt his boots these 45 mins. He is isnt chasing balls, defending nor is he anywhere near our headless crosses.Why not bring Kamara on.He will have a different approach and at the end of the day its just a change of tactics.
Replies
For me, it's SPs tactics making him look very average. He performs on the international stage every time so don't think it's about stepping up to a higher level. Agree he lacks confidence and is just not on form. Maybe a rest would do him well. Not going to jump on the mitro out bandwagon any time soon though.
posted by O David (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:55 PM

David' nothing to do with Scott Parker's tactics. Wew are playing some good football and we don't look out of our death. Mitrovic has got to get his head out of his backside and stop feeling 'Sorry' for himself, get a grip and just get on with it. Nothing wrong in Scotts tactics, Palace are not that good...
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:02 PM

Owen + Rose Tinted Specs = Bye bye genius SP.
posted by Metchick's Marvel ! (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:27 PM

Owen, you write that Palace aren’t that good , so what happens when we face sides that are good !
posted by John (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:49 PM

Mitro doesn't do enough for me off the ball but that's up to scott to sort out which he isn't. Mitro had no service at all to score in this match so I cant blame him for that, one half chance when it was pretty much a 50-50 ball with the defender
posted by Pez (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 5:22 PM

Mitro's half chances are 'er' mounting up every week now pez, and he is on the pitch much more than 'er' i wont say his name, and he doesn't even get the chance to play in a proper strikers position...
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 7:22 PM

posted by
Willie (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:20 PM

Taxi for Parker We clueless smoke the coffee we crap Parker out Parker out Parker out
Replies
We are tactically slow....who to blame? It has to lay with Parker. We have to improve.....quicken our thinking....we have the players to compete with Palace.
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:26 PM

Did any of us see anything last season that gave any inkling that Parker was capable of coaching at this level? He will never ever make it as a top level coach. He’s a pound shop appointment
posted by Rm (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:32 PM

Ridiculous first half, they look like scoring every time they come forward. Even if they are outnumbered going forward (4of our defenders vs Zaha) More possession for possession sake 72% hit the post twice but nothing on target. Just think we are cursed in the prem. first 6 minutes was amazing - palace couldn’t get a toe on the ball but I knew first chance palace got they would score
posted by Pez (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:53 PM

We are so slow and we do not want to shoot, when we get in position to have a shot we pass backwards. Only Lookman and Mitro have had a go.
posted by Baz (Moderator) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:54 PM

Guy's' we have done enough so far in this game to be at least 1-1 going in. Mitrovic should have slotted in the re-bound of the Lookman shot. Lookman posting twice? Their goal was a classic track your man back and we should be seeing it by now. We are playing some nice football without the goals. We are just not clinical enough! Let's see more shots on goal from half chances by Cairney who is playing well, but this isn't a walk in the park. More urgency please from our boys. We are the one's who are 1-0 down!!!!!!
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:57 PM

Enough is enough .....Parker has to go ....get Allardyce to give us a fighting chance this season
posted by Joka’s Revenge (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 4:23 PM

posted by
Willie (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:20 PM

Taxi for Parker We clueless smoke the coffee we crap Parker out Parker out Parker out

posted by
Banjowest7000

previous posts

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:11 PM

8 mins and down by a goal... not the start I was hoping for but should have expected.… COYW Onwards & Upwards, We live to dream
Replies
Roy Roy Roy
posted by Willl (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:13 PM

Good old Parker sticking to his one plan - play out from the back ( CLUELESS)
posted by Cottager (Guest) - Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:17 PM

posted by
Alan (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:10 PM

We are easy to cut open

posted by
Alan (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 2:44 PM

No Cav today , about time

posted by
MST (Moderator)

previous posts

posted on
Saturday 24th October 2020, 2:01 PM

Think I won our bet lol.
Replies
Yep. You were spot on. Not sure how many we will concede now. Suspect 3.
posted by Tony R - Saturday 24th October 2020, 3:11 PM

Register / Login

Register today

Click here to register today and get involved with the Fulhamweb community

Click here to login if you are already registered

Since 1998
"It's been updated!"