Fulham FC Messageboard

posted by
MST (Moderator)

previous posts

posted on
Thursday 17th October 2019, 4:46 PM

Owen if we ever needed one of your long, war and peace type, posts it is right now mate ;0))
Replies
Nooooo! It surely hasn't got that bad! Only joking Owen, go for it fella!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Thursday 17th October 2019, 4:52 PM

Is today Maunday Thursday?
posted by The Arizonan - Thursday 17th October 2019, 6:52 PM

posted by
Chris of Jokes

previous posts

posted on
Thursday 17th October 2019, 4:20 PM

I was listening to Richard Osman who was on talksport at lunchtime, and he said that the aim is promotion, but the irony is that being in the Championship is so much more fun than being in the Premier League. I kind of agreed with him.
Replies
Me to
posted by Badger (Guest) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 5:23 PM

And me !! Only downside to being in the championship is there is no limit on ticket prices for away games
posted by Staines not so massive (Guest) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 6:34 PM

I must admit that I am really enjoying the Championship, but it is a very awkward situation really. As an ardent Fulham fan I want them to win the league or be runners up, but I don't want to be back in the Premier League, so I can't win can I ?
posted by Malden Mick (Guest) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 6:47 PM

posted by
pointless. (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:54 PM

Regarding the odd ball on the underground train to day, does he know there is a live rail at side of carriage?lucky he came of on platform side, but how long before some one gets killed? most people are on there side but have to go to work to pay bills and feed familys,so , do we assume they all have private incomes?who is paying them if not?. What might be a good idea if they built a boat and sailed across to india for example, then chained them selves to the 9am out of Mumbai along with another 20,ooo who do it every day sitting on the top, but do remember these guys are experts,all the protesters would have is a five quid padlocks from halfords holding them on ,now that would go viral. Plus do the luvvies cummberbum, and emma (do you think im funny)Thompson realise if they get a criminal record for protesting they cannot enter the usa?.no more films in Hollywood.
Replies
Are most people on their side? The people I discuss it with are definitely not. I would say that most poeple have empathy with the cause but not the application.

Perhaps I'm wrong?
posted by MST (Moderator) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 3:33 PM

Glad the footie will shortly be back, hopefully these pages can concentrate on the " important things" instead of the other subject!
posted by John (Guest) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 4:08 PM

Christ John you need talk!
posted by Marbella White 1 - Thursday 17th October 2019, 4:24 PM

posted by
Chris of Jokes

previous posts

posted on
Thursday 17th October 2019, 12:37 PM

Politics and a gag at the same time! When asked about the abusive language and racism from Bulgaria, Diane Abbott replied "He's not my favourite Womble."
Replies
There are three men on a boat. A Macedonian, a Bulgarian, and an Albanian. Satan shows up and tells them that he will kill them if they can't throw something he can't find into the ocean. The Albanian throws in a grain of rice. Satan jumps in the water and comes back with the rice after a few hours. He kills the Albanian. The Bulgarian throws a grain of sand into the ocean. After a few days, Satan retrieves it and kills the Bulgarian. Satan looks expectantly at the Macedonian, who then proceeds to throw an Alka-Seltzer into the ocean...
posted by Marbella White 1 - Thursday 17th October 2019, 12:57 PM

I wonder if this one will get a reaction from some people on here! I'm fat, but I identify as skinny, therefore, I'm TRANS-SLENDER!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:11 PM

Gotta pick my battles
posted by Ashamed (Guest) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:13 PM

Go on, admit it, you laughed didn't you?
posted by Chris of Jokes - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:14 PM

Unfortunately no. But contrary to popular belief I do have a sense of humour and I do not spent my life campaigning for equal rights.
posted by Ashamed (Guest) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:22 PM

Go on then, tell us a joke.
posted by Chris of Jokes - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:25 PM

Not too sure about this one: Most women want a guy who is sensitive, caring and attentive. Unfortunately, for women, most of these guys already have a boyfriend. Now I think that’s quite amusing. Joke no. 2. In Alabama, they changed the drinking age to 31 years. They want to keep alcohol out of high schools. That could I guess be construed as racist, I thought it was just innocent banter. Anyone in from Alabama, if so I live in the Forest of Dean?
posted by Mortlake (Guest) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:26 PM

Was a bit worried when my mate sent me a text during an earthquake that said. Off to see PSYCHO THE RAPIST. Took me a while to realise he meant Psychotherapist!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:29 PM

I hate autocorrect, it always makes me say things I didn't Nintendo.
posted by Ashamed (Guest) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:30 PM

:)
posted by Chris of Jokes - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:31 PM

Finally, I make someone smile.
posted by Ashamed (Guest) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:33 PM

Smiling is good for the health and it is less effort to smile compared to frowning. Let's hope our team keeps us smiling for the rest of the season!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:38 PM

CoJ they do sometimes play like a joke but that doesn't make me smile one jot lol
posted by Marbella White 1 - Thursday 17th October 2019, 3:05 PM

Agreed MW. Here's another one. It's a 5 minute walk to my local pub, but it's a 35 minute walk back home, the difference is staggering!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Thursday 17th October 2019, 3:26 PM

When I was younger I felt like a man trapped inside a woman’s body . Then I was born , lol .
posted by Tim (Guest) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 6:24 PM

posted by
Chris of Jokes

previous posts

posted on
Thursday 17th October 2019, 11:03 AM

http://bullsnews.blogspot.com/2019/10/throwback-thursday-fulham-4-1-hereford.html I do and I was in the Hammy End, very nostalgic!
Replies
100% I was also stood in the Hammy end at the back of the bottom tier.
posted by MST (Moderator) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 11:09 AM

OMG forgotten about this..I was in Hammy just left of green pole 3rd dude on right (Bay City Roller-ish looking)
posted by Marbella White 1 - Thursday 17th October 2019, 11:26 AM

I was only 8 so my dad (rip) used to park me at the front of the Hammy and stood with his mates just to the left of the goal as you look at it half way up. Happy days indeed!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Thursday 17th October 2019, 11:28 AM

God, I bet I knew your dad CoJ lol
posted by Marbella White 1 - Thursday 17th October 2019, 11:37 AM

He was Fulham born and bred and he loved telling me about Haynes and going to the Brunswick Boys Club. Top bloke and miss him dearly. Went to his last game in 2016 when we sadly lost him, but the memories stay with you!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Thursday 17th October 2019, 11:43 AM

RIP to your dad, I lost mine December 17, 1974 3.10 pm - you never forget do you?
posted by Marbella White 1 - Thursday 17th October 2019, 11:46 AM

Never MW, but the memories are all happy. The times seemed gentler in those days too despite hooliganism being rife. You could play out in the street until dark, no mobile phones etc. Hey, I am all for progress, but nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia now and then!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Thursday 17th October 2019, 11:50 AM

You never forget , but some of us me included cant remember who the hell he was, he walked before I was born, but still had a lovely guy who took me to cottage every week from 1948, then I took him when his health got iffy in 53 till I was sixteen in 55,happy day standing underneath the cottage.
posted by the real arch bishop (Guest) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:27 PM

My son also spent many happy times at the Brunswick, along with teddy mason from clem atlee ct and some other oiks who I forget early 70s.
posted by the real arch bishop (Guest) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:30 PM

Happy days. Stood hammy end back of lower tier in line with the riverside touchline, where we always stood. What a player George Best was. Brilliant,
posted by The Arizonan - Thursday 17th October 2019, 5:34 PM

posted by
Karsten (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Wednesday 16th October 2019, 8:48 PM

My friend is a good FCK supporter and was at the derby match v Brondy..big news here was that Fernando Torres was there in directors area with Brondby Chief Executive..my friend knows I like Fulham and said the guy a few along from Torres looks a lot like Matt OReiley..have to say it does..probably just visiting but hope it does not mean he's off.. it does look like him though and I know hes Danish and Norwegian too..any news? Here is the link https://footy.dk/esport-nyheder/2019/10/07/undrede-du-dig-ogsa-derfor-var-fernando-torres-pa-brondby-stadion-2/
Replies
Nothing like a good FCK I say...
posted by Marbella White 1 - Thursday 17th October 2019, 9:28 AM

Leave Felicity Kendal out of this. She's the old man's squeeze.
posted by The Arizonan - Thursday 17th October 2019, 6:58 PM

posted by
John (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Wednesday 16th October 2019, 2:04 PM

They still have some decent players but they are in a bit of a mess! Reminds me of Fulham when we got relegated the last time. They won their last game. They will be motivated to beat us. We need to put them back in their box quickly on Saturday. I reckon if we can score in the first 20mins - we will win comfortably! Otherwise, i think some of their players like Allen will step up! Coyw
Replies
It will be a cold night up north and we will need to get off the block and keep that good tempo up from the last game. My slight worry with Mitrovic is that he won't be as sharp as he could be, especially after playing for his country. If Mitro is having a mare? Parker can always slot in Bobby Reid more forward? We have enough players in our weaponry to shuffle here or there. It all depends on Parker maturing his tactics? Joe Allen is a good player for Stoke, he would fit in at Fulham nicely...
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 5:49 PM

Up north?? Are you minlandsist Owen?? Stoke is in Staffordshire which is classed (just about) as midlands ;0))))
posted by MST (Moderator) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 5:58 PM

Owen /john Stoke are bottom of the table and only won one game.
posted by geezer (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 6:13 PM

Ooops' Stoke just up from Derby. Mst' i got my geography mixed up there. Still cold though...
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 6:28 PM

MST when you get past Watford going up north !!!!!! If not geographically l
posted by Len (Guest) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 9:02 AM

Ha ha for you maybe Len but I live in Gloucestershire so I guess I live oop narf as well LOL:0)
posted by MST (Moderator) - Thursday 17th October 2019, 4:38 PM

posted by
Ollie (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Wednesday 16th October 2019, 1:52 PM

According to Claudio Ranieri, FFC ( Tonee Khan ? ) recruits players according to algorithms. If that's true, how the flying friar tuck did they get Kamara ? Pseudocode perhaps ?
Replies
Too many unconditional branches Ollers.
posted by The Arizonan - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 3:32 PM

The thing about Kamara is, you never know what you are going to get, but when you do get it, it is generally rubbish!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 4:41 PM

Kamara was bought in money ball stats. Div 2 France. Ran a lot and scored goals. The money ball analysis doesn’t have a twat factor.
posted by Phil (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 11:54 PM

Only the guys that were running it had it, and in spades ...
posted by The Arizonan - Thursday 17th October 2019, 2:13 AM

Careful Ari, please use the word shovels!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Thursday 17th October 2019, 9:40 AM

Yeesss. I got into a spot of bother with Boeing for using the term "male and female connectors", which they now retro-refer to as "male and female connectors". They also banned mention of a "Flip Chart" which a Filipino engineer I was working with thought was hilarious. Not so much PC from them these days as the MAX problems lumber on and the 737NG "Pickle Fork" problem brings more groundings.
posted by The Arizonan - Thursday 17th October 2019, 7:05 PM

posted by
Chris of Jokes

previous posts

posted on
Wednesday 16th October 2019, 10:48 AM

I don't usually contribute to all of the stuff that is non football related (other than throwing the odd or bad joke on here from time to time). However, I am determined to have the last word on all of the discussions, debate, threats and insults. So here is goes. "zyzzogeton". Now let that be the end of it!
Replies
Can’t argue with that
posted by Badger (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 10:52 AM

Yeah, but is that a "remain" zyzzogeton or "leave" zyzzogeton ?
posted by Ollie (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 11:47 AM

It's not from these shores so totally neutral and ambivalent on the subject. Now leaf it out!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 12:03 PM

No need to be leafist Chris, I'm left feeling a bit "nettled" by your reply, to be honest.
posted by Ollie (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 1:35 PM

Oh stop vining Ollie. That's me done with this thread as I have exhausted all my possible puns, so going to branch off into a different direction.
posted by Chris of Jokes - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 3:28 PM

You wood, woodent you
posted by John (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 3:51 PM

Treemondous, now you have joined in!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 4:08 PM

Barkin mad, the lot of you.
posted by The Arizonan - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 4:16 PM

Sapping my energy this is now.
posted by Chris of Jokes - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 4:33 PM

This board has turned into a tree ringed circus.
posted by The Arizonan - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 4:53 PM

Paddy ordered tree surgeons to sort out his rotten oak and three doctors turned up!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 5:07 PM

The following is a true story that I decant with extreme trepidation that some key board warrior doesn't come and start lecturing me that I'm Irishist ;0):

I travel to Ireland regurly for work as I am responsible for our operation there as well as the UK and on this particular occasion I was staying in the Clarendon in Dublin. I don't usually eat breakfast (no I'm not breakfastist either) but on this day I fancied the works as I was not going to have time for lunch.

Any how, I went to the restaurant and it was a buffet style but there was a cook/chef behind serving on to your plate. I chose what I wanted but I'm not a fan of grilled fresh tomatoes so I asked the chef if they had any tinnned tomatoes and to my delight he said yes sir and took my plate out back to the kitchen to fetch some.

Imagine my surprise when he returned with two fresh tomoatoes nicely arranged on my plate that had simply been thinly sliced.

I looked at my colleague (who by the way is from Galway) and we just burst out laughing. I've been telling that story now for a long time but just thinking about it again makes me giggle. To make it even crazier, the chef was Polish LOL.
posted by MST (Moderator) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 5:56 PM

Should have stayed at the Shelbourne. Much classier.
posted by The Arizonan - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 6:01 PM

So Chris, were those the tree fellas I saw?
posted by The Arizonan - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 6:03 PM

Dat dey were to be sure Ari. I am a quarter Irish before I get slaughtered by whomever deems that as offensive!
posted by CoJ (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 6:36 PM

Was one called Ashamed & the other two, Gerald Fitzpatrick & Patrick Fitzgerald by any chance
posted by Ollie (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 6:56 PM

Paddy Ashamedown , wasn’t he leader of the Liberal Democrats !
posted by Mike (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 7:04 PM

Which quarter of you is Irish Chris? Hopefully not the top half.
posted by The Arizonan - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 7:47 PM

The drinking quarter Ari.
posted by CoJ (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 8:03 PM

Yes well, I'm half Irish and that's the drinking half alright.
posted by The Arizonan - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 8:23 PM

It's the most important and best half Ari!
posted by CoJ (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 8:50 PM

posted by
John (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Wednesday 16th October 2019, 7:31 AM

While i would agree he is one of the best motor racing drivers we ever had or even the world has seen, I never liked him much. He’s arrogant and a bit of a hypocrite. He says he love the country but then he moved to Switzerland so while he earns £50m a year, he’s paying no more tax than anyone of us in here! Is that love for the country! What’s the latest Instagram post I hear that he’s lost the will to live because we are killing the world! Really?? If he’s that serious, join the extinction rebellion! Formula1 burns more CO2 than any other sports I can think of. Jumbo jets flying thousands and thousands of tons of equipments around the world 26 times a year! Get rid of his private jet! Why people feel sorry for him that he could really be considering taking his own life I cannot understand. Lewis, get real! you don’t need sympathy! If you are serious about the world - do something about it and starting with yourself! Rant over!!
Replies
Hamilton hypocrite like the protesters !!!!
posted by Len (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 8:29 AM

Whilst I agree withn the first part of John's post about LH with him being probably the greatest ever F1 driver (but, time will tell on that) he then lobs in several curve balls with an over-excited rant about where he lives (er, Monaco not Switzerland btw), Co2 emmissions, cost to the planet of Jumbo jets flying around, and then suggesting that if he cares so much he should join extinction rebellion. WTF!!?? Yet again this MB is being hijacked by those who seem to get a stiffy by wittering on about all subjects other than..... football. May I suggest if people want to have a rant then f*ck off to Facebook, create your own tree hugging /dolphin saving group where I'm sure all your sycophantic followers would be pleased to agree with you, pat you heartily on the back and thereafter you can all wallow in a quagmire of self-congratulation and righteousness. Stoke 0 Fulham 3 for what it's worth.
posted by Marbella White 1 - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 9:39 AM

posted by
#ChrisFromCornwall (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Tuesday 15th October 2019, 1:28 AM

OUR MITRO-MAN’S AT IT AGAIN!… CLUB OR COUNTRY CAN’T STOP SCORING @MO LOOKING FORWARD TO COUPLE MORE v STOKE AT WEEKEND ...COYW!…KEEP UNBEATEN RUN GOING!

posted by
Len (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Monday 14th October 2019, 9:08 PM

Mitro s on fire !!!!!
Replies
its good to see him prove all the moaning doubters on this site wrong, especially the one who wanted him replaced by gayle and rondon- where are they now?.
posted by zambesian (Guest) - Tuesday 15th October 2019, 10:25 AM

Always moaners Len Alan Clarke scored for fun for Fulham when l was kid bloke behind me shouted he was rubbish every week
posted by Badger (Guest) - Tuesday 15th October 2019, 10:43 AM

Sorry, that may have been me Badge ;)
posted by Marbella White 1 - Tuesday 15th October 2019, 12:46 PM

Mitrovic replaced by Gayle and Rondon? Who is that man??? I demand you come forth from out of the shadows with a swift apology, how dare you! Are you insane!!!!
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Tuesday 15th October 2019, 5:41 PM

Alan Clarke good player left us for a very good Leeds team not universally liked but they had some great players and like a lot of great teams you could probably name the majority of them some of our older fans will remember the likes of bremner Collins hunter. Madelay never made many friends but certainly made there mark
posted by Len (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 8:39 AM

We sold him to Leicester !
posted by Joe (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 9:31 AM

owen, I cannot tell a lie,-it was kunye!.the one who is a great admirer of our reserve keeper. says it all.
posted by kilroy wazir (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 10:53 AM

posted by
MST (Moderator)

previous posts

posted on
Monday 14th October 2019, 1:18 PM

Looking forward to the game at Stoke on Saturday before the bad weather draws nigh. Anyone whose been there will know it's the second coldest ground in the country (Barnsley being the coldest). My opinion only of course ;0).

Wouldn't it be Fulhamish for us to go and lose up there though? Hopefully we will pay them due respect, play our "A" game with fast flowing footy and score a hatful. You never know, we could be top of the league come 5 O'clock :0).

Can't wait to get the boring internationals out of the way and get back to a decent league programme and this board full of FFC banter ;0).

Anyone been to colder grounds in England I'd be interested to know?
Replies
Oldhams ground , Boundary Park is the coldest by a long way , although never been warm at the Hawthorns .
posted by Massa (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 1:33 PM

Try sitting in the riverside on a January night .
posted by the real arch bishop (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 1:38 PM

You wait until the Riverside is demolished and the wind comes off the Thames mid winter. the Cottage will be like an ice box.
posted by Keetch54 - Monday 14th October 2019, 5:04 PM

Blackpool
posted by geezer (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 5:24 PM

Grimsby
posted by Pete (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 5:59 PM

Norilsk United...Brrrrr!
posted by Mortlake (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 8:15 PM

Hartlepool away cold January day,looking out at the North Sea,Andy Cole played that day remember meeting didi David Hamilton on the local train. Never been so cold at a game!
posted by Cheif (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 8:53 PM

I’ve been to all 6 games away to Hartlepool and not one of them , if my memory serves me right , was played in January .
posted by Alan (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 9:09 PM

Your right Alan,November 91 lost 2-0 was still bloody cold though! How do you remember that stuff?
posted by Cheif (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 9:42 PM

I also remember talking to David Hamilton on the train , heard he was in 1st class so popped along for a chat , he was knocking back the red wine like it was going out of fashion , lol .
posted by Alan (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 9:51 PM

Mansfield on Boxing Day was probably the coldest I have been at a football match with nothing open because it was a holiday...
posted by Hints (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 10:33 PM

Went to the old goldstone ground one midweek night was a bit bleak ( and we lost I think!!!!
posted by Len (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 8:41 AM

Went to Brentford for an early Kick off seem to recall we waited for a while to kick of while pitch defrosted another night at Fulham freezing cold the away team stuck in traffic seemed like we waited an hour for them to arrive would not happen now anybody remember ??
posted by Len (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 8:46 AM

The game at Fulham was , I think , against Oldham , and yes , that cold wind that night went straight through me , and it was about an hours delay . The game at Brentford was the 3-3 draw , again I think .
posted by Pete (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 9:35 AM

I remember the game against Brentford, not only was it freezing cold, but we threw away a two goal lead after passing them off the pitch. scotty, ken atombomb and cliff carr, if I remember, netted for us, we wore a grotesque red and yellow strip, which some joked was our jelly trifle kit! the year was 1987.
posted by zambesian (Guest) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 11:04 AM

posted by
Cheif (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 13th October 2019, 4:58 PM

See Claudio just landed a lucrative 2 year contract with Sampdoria who are currently bottom in Italy. How does that happen? After his disastrous time with us he’s not much use in a relegation battle,maybe he’ll prove us all wrong.
Replies
True half his CV is a touch iffy, but i think that his time at Chelsea is worth a 2nd look, and his winning the league with Leicester might be the deal-breaker.
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Sunday 13th October 2019, 7:05 PM

Owen- he’s like a load of people you meet in a trading environment- get the market right once, and dine out on it for the next 20’ years.
posted by Keetch54 - Sunday 13th October 2019, 9:38 PM

Does it really matter where the tinker man ends up? He's history to FFC now and he only ended the debacle, he didn't start it. I have no idea nor care what Sampdoria are paying Ranieri but I'm sure they think he's worth it, the same as our Board.

You like the bible Owen so you will probably identify with the phrase take the plank of wood out of your own eye before taking the splinter from someone else's ;0))).
posted by MST (Moderator) - Monday 14th October 2019, 8:11 AM

Goodness MST, how prophetic not heard that one!!:)
posted by Marbella White 1 - Monday 14th October 2019, 12:32 PM

Prophetic or paffetic? LOL
posted by MST (Moderator) - Monday 14th October 2019, 1:20 PM

Who the hell comes up with these daft sayings? cant be cotj.
posted by Albert rn (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 1:40 PM

It's in the bible as previously indicated ;0). Used to be in the Boys Brigade. My dad thought the scouts and cubs were a fascisit youth army so would't let me join ;0))).
posted by MST (Moderator) - Monday 14th October 2019, 1:48 PM

Didn't know the Boys Brigade had an awkward squad.
posted by The Arizonan - Monday 14th October 2019, 4:04 PM

MST ,I know its in the bible, but were did it come from ? who wrote these words of wisdom?.Please don't tell me you know the bloke .lol
posted by Albertrn (Guest) - Tuesday 15th October 2019, 3:13 PM

God wrote those words, Albert. I know some people might have a laugh about this stuff, but we sure used to be a lot better growing up and taking part in a Christian assembly at school back in the 70's. Yes i got the cane for being rude and disobedient to mt elders, but life back then was better for kids especially at school. Was not in the boys scouts, but had friends who were. We all had swiss army pen-knives which we used to whittle and shave sticks and we even learned to start a fire from tinder wood etc, which was all good harmless fun. The moment we all started to weird out about religion and Christianity, was the fall of this country full-stop. Now we listen to a 16 year old 'Greta Thunberg, who no doubt lived in a God-less household, and who tells us that the world will end in 8 years which is bull-crap. She is telling all the idiots who will take in the bullcrap, to go vegan? My take on that is to sometimes eat vegan and to eat some meat sometimes. In other words, eat a balance diet which God intended. This is all i want to say on this subject because we have a game against Stoke Saturday. Let's get back to some football reality and Impartial and Kunye moaning about something Fulham!!!!!!!
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Tuesday 15th October 2019, 8:44 PM

LOL Sorry Albert, I can't remember. I just have loads of those kinds of quotes in my head because I was indoctrinated with it in my formative years. It was probably from the New Testement and quoted by Jesus but perhaps google it ;0).
posted by MST (Moderator) - Wednesday 16th October 2019, 8:39 AM

posted by
Rich of Cambridge (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 12th October 2019, 5:29 PM

Harvey poor lad has just been banned for two weeks for posting something nasty abour Harry Kane. Naughty boy. Mail today states Liverpool prodigy, another typographical error! Fulham prodigy who sodded off as soon as he could to Anfield. By the way are we all at Fulham still waiting for the cheque in payment for his services? It did not happen on Friday night against the Czech's because Gareth underrated them, when we should all admit that they have had a very good international side for some years. There you are lads a post where I did not even bemoan our dreadful defence!
Replies
Old news it happened months ago idiot!!
posted by Impartial (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 5:49 PM

ROC - If that statistics forum you are supposed to oversee and edit is as accurate as half of your posts on here , then God help.
posted by Keetch54 - Saturday 12th October 2019, 7:53 PM

I like your posts Rich. Don’t worry about what others say.
posted by BAZ (Guest) - Sunday 13th October 2019, 5:27 AM

England lost because we are a team of runners and kickers. We've forgotten what 'beat a man using skill' means. That's because nobody in the team can do it! BORING!! Rather watch Fulham.
posted by fulham sddict (Guest) - Sunday 13th October 2019, 11:03 AM

posted by
geezer (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 12th October 2019, 11:52 AM

Some thing very good to watch on the box these dark nights. French crime drama with sub titles. Now in its seventh series. Give the first one a spin you wont be disappointed. Its on BBC FOUR.
Replies
He's right with this one - cracking series if you can live with the sub-titles (or speak French!!)
posted by Ragnor (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 4:11 PM

posted by
Me (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 12th October 2019, 10:34 AM

Who shot griezman ????????

posted by
John (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 12th October 2019, 9:14 AM

Uk will be only Wales and england in 10 years time!!
Replies
Does it matter
posted by Badger (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 11:36 AM

bollocks to brexit
posted by jimjo (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 3:08 PM

Sooner we get out the better .
posted by Matt (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 7:54 PM

The sooner we get out of the EU the better off we will be.
posted by Smith (Guest) - Sunday 13th October 2019, 5:22 AM

The most important detail Boris should ensure is that Britain is not held to ransom and if a deal is possible? We don't give control to euro beurocrats. Important to stand on your own feet and only do deals that suit and benefit Britain. Idiots here who are crying for a beloved Europe, nobody will be crying over Britain. Anyone who believes that there is a golden utopia over the borders of europe should go and give it a try? Germany is stumped, their wonderful cars and engines that they make, and they are the best of the best, they won't sell anymore. Diesel engines are the best there is but they are dead! The French don't really like us and they will continue pushing people they don't particularly want to deal with in our direction. Look out for more rafts and make-shift boats coming in our direction and the French authorities looking the other way. There is a good bible saying that each and everyone should show kindness to one's neighbours which really means be kind to everyone else besides your neighbour next door. If anyone is daft or brave enough to still make the dangerous crossing, Britain 9 times out of 10 do treat everyone kindly which say's a lot for this country. Put things into perpective folks, we are a very decent and kind country which say's a lot to the questions asked, Why do people want to come to England? England and English people are decent. Not so much the rest of europe. Will we survive with or without Brexit? One hundred per cent 'Yes'!!!!
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Sunday 13th October 2019, 3:37 PM

Owen the Diesel still has a long life to go yet. This country does not have this electrical capacity to cover all our needs. The government not long ago passed a bill to build five mini power plants. Because with the older power stations are coming to the end of there lives. And we wont be able to produce enough power to cover whats needed .Also you say us English are decent people and that rest of Europe aint. Have you ever lived abroad or work there for a time. [Exclude your two weeks in Spain]. Free loaders come here for an easy life with all the benefits they can fiddle. And change our English culture. And did you vote in or out . And thats why millions voted to come out of the EU. More than those that didnt bother to vote or who did vote.
posted by geezer (Guest) - Sunday 13th October 2019, 6:12 PM

Geezer' i didn't vote, but i believe we should stand on our own feet and be self-sufficient. Unfortunately, there are too many free-loaders swanning about and not contributing to our economy. Nothing we can really do about that now, but we can plug some gaps by adopting an Australian and part Canadian system now. Our 2 World wars has not produced many decent young folks now who will stand up. I am truly disappointed in one of our main hopes for the future in Mr Dysun who wimped out of an electric car project. I agree he was a few years late coming to the table on that one, but to give up on it like that speaks volumes.
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Sunday 13th October 2019, 6:28 PM

Owen Dyson did what a lot of English companies have done. And go overseas its cheaper. Dont believe what our feather in the cap jump on the band wagon brown envelope job of politicians tell you. Always question what they say. Never at face value.
posted by geezer (Guest) - Sunday 13th October 2019, 7:52 PM

How many times “ 2 World wars ?” Its all history and bollocks. You werent around and neither was I - its 100 and 70 years ago. “ Bring back the British Empire ‘ - defeat in WW2 would have left 300 million in it in India alone let alone Australia , Canada , half of Africa and the Caribbean. But they have all buggered off and the Empire is no more. So all us contemporaries are going to do is do what we have done as a nation of pirates , and go home draw up the drawbridge, and having pissed off our biggest market ( who dont need us ) and expect them to fall over us to trade. Unbelievable
posted by Keetch54 - Sunday 13th October 2019, 10:01 PM

The EU sell more to us than we sell to them, if they don’t want that trade it is up to them. I for one do want to be one of their states being told what to do, I would prefer a smaller place, these giant counties are not good places to live. Stay a smaller country and do what we want to do. Stay in the Commonwealth with our real friends.
posted by BAZ (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 5:26 AM

The EU is trying to take part of our country from us, how could anyone prefer to stay tied to those sort of countries?
posted by BAZ (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 5:29 AM

1. The EU does not sell more to us than we do to them (silly uninformed statement really) we sell 100 times more to Europe than we buy but we should be worried about both because our free tade with the rest of the world is also negotiated by the EU and when we come out that means ALL imported AND exported goods will be subjected to WTO duty. Then you'll discover what our £xb per anum pays for! you will pay 20% more for imported goods and our exports will be uncompetitive. Or do you think things will just carry on as they are LOL?
2. The UK has representatives in the EU council that form part of the Bureaucracy mentioned and is complicit in settinf the rules and laws
3. It is not Europeans who have developed our culture it is immigrants from the Far East and the Caribbean and coming out of Europe will change nothing in that direction.
4. Diesel is still the cheapest form of energy and will be around for hundreds of years yet.
5. The French have the largest refugee camps in Europe with at least 1,000 times more people than make it to the UK every year

As previously indicated, give uninformed people a vote (regardless of which way they voted) on somethiing as important as Brexit and you wind up with the mess we now have! We only have ourselves to blame.....
posted by MST (Moderator) - Monday 14th October 2019, 9:40 AM

We've given Brexit a good going over during the past three years. Wouldn't have thought a single one of us has changed their minds Sttill think Boris will be hard pushed to get a deal passed The dopey Lib Dems we know will be100 percent against whatever he puts to them , Labour , almost as looney will also vote it down - maybe a few of their MPs who represent the Northernparts of Britain who heavily backed Brexit feel they can accept it ifs a decent deal. This of course means that the Torys must back the PM to the hilt.whist its not easy to vote for something you don't believe in, I would remind them it was their choice to have a referendum, the fact the result was huge shock doesnt alter fact that if democracy is to be upheld we have to leave..And can you imagine if the result had gon the other way they would have said " the majority voted to remain get over it"
posted by John (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 2:46 PM

There is a certain Mr Steven Turner from Surrey. That is taking Nissan to the smalls claims court. Over a Nissan leaf 30kwh car. That does not reach it assured mileage of 155 per full charge.But he carnt get better than 86 to 114. Because Horiba Mira.Says that the unrealistic conditions that the tests performed under ie in air temperatures of 23c with out A/C or heating etc.means that tests can be overestimate range by up to a third. Cars are put on a rolling road in perfect conditions at spot on 30mph.
posted by Geezer (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 6:08 PM

MST you don’t seem to know what is going on, in the common market days you would have a point but not in these days of the EU super state where the UK is just a region to be used, Greece has been screwed by Germany and Germany would do the same to us(and to France who are their lapdogs). When they feel like it they would find a reason to make the clothes you sell illegal and replace them with German makes. You seem to be motivated by money but I am more concerned with our children’s future and our freedom. It was Blair that caused this problem when most other EEC countries had a referendum but he would not allow us one because he knew which way it would go. You can stuff yourself saying I make silly comments.
posted by BAZ (Guest) - Tuesday 15th October 2019, 6:57 AM

Baz, I didn't mean to offend you so apologies for that however, I am not confused about what is going on and I am not motivated by money although I am seriously concerned for my livlihood and that of my family's. Iam not retired for a long time yet and I need my job as I will not get another like it at 61 years of age. There are many people who work for overseas companies in the same position becuase who do you think owns our utilities, our car manufacturers, our mobile phone networks, even our choclateers

Maybe you should ask the majority of youngsters who voted to remain why they chose to do that or listen to the vast majority of big businesses, finaciers and financial commentators who KNOW it will be a disaster leaving the EU because hoping that all will be fine once good old blighty rules the waves again is nothing but a pipedream I'm afraid.

We'll see I guess but I am extremely pessimistic for the future of everyone in this country and not just money motivated......
posted by MST (Moderator) - Tuesday 15th October 2019, 8:30 AM

MST i work with a lot of kids. And they dont have a clue about about life in general. Some i work with are as thick as to short planks. Have no common sense what so ever.And have to keep telling them what to do all day. Other wise they just stand there gormless. They are very good a playing killing games etc. As you are in management do you not fear what the future workers are going to be like. At seventy one i close to jacking work in. But fear what is coming up behind me. And many people of my age at work agree with it.
posted by geezer (Guest) - Tuesday 15th October 2019, 9:25 AM

I have to say Geezer that my experience is completely different to yours with young adults (16 - 21). The youngsters that I have had the pleasure to meet, seem to be very switched on and know exactly what they want from a career and life in general. I occasionally talk in sixth form colleges and universities (that used to be Polys) and I am always refreshed with the engagement that I get and I always come out of these seminars learning a thing or two myself.

I'm not doubting your experience at all but we are obviously mixing with different demographics and you can't tar everyone with the same brush because there are no doubt, mature adults who could be described similar to your portrayal of the kids you've met.

The long and short of it for me is that there should never have been a referendum and if there was it should have been after the options had been debated at length and options agreed with the EU beforehand so that people were much more informed and everyone knew what the REAL consequences would be when they did vote. Right now whether you voted leave or remain you will definitely not get what you voted for so no one will be happy and the country will be far worse off as a result.
posted by MST (Moderator) - Tuesday 15th October 2019, 9:41 AM

MST agree with you about none of us will get what we wanted. But for me it put the wind up the politicians. And hope it will change things in this country for a long time to come. People have now noticed we have a voice.
posted by geezer (Guest) - Tuesday 15th October 2019, 10:30 AM

With age comes wisdom, for some of us anyway. The schools for some time now are socialist brainwashing centres.
posted by LOR (Guest) - Tuesday 15th October 2019, 7:16 PM

posted by
John (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 12th October 2019, 8:48 AM

Not really a rugby fan but I can’t believe if a world game in the World Cup is cancelled due to weather, the result is assumed nil nil! In this case Scotland could be knocked out because of Weather! How fair is that?? I always think football should adopt some of the rugby etiquette! Maybe not!
Replies
Doesn't worry me one jot they're only sweaty socks
posted by Marbella White 1 - Saturday 12th October 2019, 9:24 AM

what a shame if scotland were to be knocked out ah ah they want their independence from Britain okay why not give England the vote to see if England wants scotland to be part of Britain that way their independence would be assured.Billy
posted by billybee (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 10:42 AM

Just something else for the Jocks to whinge about. Them’s the rules they signed up for, don’t see anyone else moaning. Just adds to the chip....aaah.
posted by Realistic (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 12:38 PM

They will always be part of Britain as it's a geographical area, I think it's the UK you are talking about or, in this case the DK: Disunited Kingdom.
posted by Fred (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 9:40 PM

Scotland would have been knocked out by the girls jap rugby team, they are just not good enough. I reckon the Formula 1 will skate through and continue through. Money wins over monsoons, earthquakes, and any other natural disasters. Bernie Ecclestone would have a fit if the race is cancelled...
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Sunday 13th October 2019, 1:23 AM

Owen I watched the Scotlnd - Japan game didn't see many Girlies in the Japanese side !
posted by John (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 2:54 PM

Apologies Owen, having re read you letter think you thought even a Japanese girls woul have beaten them
posted by John (Guest) - Monday 14th October 2019, 2:59 PM

posted by
bigboy4650 (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Friday 11th October 2019, 9:41 PM

What a disgrace. Like watching Fulham's defence. Attack inept and Kane cannot score, apart from penalties, and should be dropped. Once again Sterling was our best player.
Replies
No intensity from the first minute onwards, Czech Republic deserved the win. Luckily we are still top with a game in hand. Thought chillwell and and Alexander-Arnold would have been better. All the danger seemed to come from mistakes from our full backs
posted by Pez (Guest) - Friday 11th October 2019, 11:37 PM

Quick mention of griezman tonight for France, he done an Arter and went down three seconds after being fouled. But because he’s a big name everyone milks him like a cow where as our our player gets booked
posted by Pez (Guest) - Friday 11th October 2019, 11:40 PM

Sack Southgate! Get rid of all the players! Lol
posted by Cheif (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 8:41 AM

Bit hysterical:))
posted by Mortlake (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 12:13 PM

I watched the first half, and ten minutes of the second, in the hope the game could not be any worse than the first half. Thats when I switched off with the score 1-1. I still don't know the final score, but from this post I see we lost, so I did the right thing. Will I watch on Monday. Surely it can't be as bad as this one,can it?
posted by Alicante Bert (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 9:58 PM

I wasn’t far behind you Bert, pretty lack lustre stuff!!
posted by Mortlake (Guest) - Sunday 13th October 2019, 8:28 AM

posted by
Social Observance (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Friday 11th October 2019, 9:36 AM

Who would ever have though that footballer’s lifestyle choices could be shown in an unfavourable light? Ye Gods! Such class!
Replies
GAGS! We need some to lighten this board ;0))
posted by MST (Moderator) - Friday 11th October 2019, 4:29 PM

Two hunters are comparing their stories. One says, “I once shot a wild boar so big they had to come get it with a tractor!”

The other scoffs, “Ha, I once shot a bird so big, 357 people got out of it when it hit the ground.”
posted by MST (Moderator) - Friday 11th October 2019, 4:33 PM

Boy complains to his father: You told me to put a potato in my swimmingtrunks! You said it would impress the girls at the pool! But you forgot tomention one thing!

Father: Really, what?

Boy: That the potatoshould go in the front.
posted by MST (Moderator) - Friday 11th October 2019, 4:36 PM

So, two blokes in Arizona go on a long camping trip. After a week of each others company, and with nothing new to talk about around the camp fire, they decide to split up for the day so they would have something to discuss over dinner. Well, said one after they'd finished their meal, I struck out to the North. The scenery up that way is spectacular; gentle meandering streams, masses of wildflowers in the meadows, herds of whitetail deer and antelope with their newborn calves grazing peacefully while trophy bucks galore stood guard; Bald Eagles and Orioles in avian abundance; it was a magical hike and so rewarding. I had a great time. How about you? I headed south, said his friend and the trail was interesting enough but after about five miles I came across a railway and, lo and behold, tied hand and foot across the line was a naked blonde. I quickly cut her lashings with my Bowie and carried her off the track into a grassy dell under the shade of a big oak tree where we lay back and had sex all afternoon in all positions and embracing all our wildest and most perverse inclinations. Wow, said his compadre, that sounds fantastic. Everything huh? Did you get a blow job? No, said his friend, sadly I couldn't find her head.
posted by The Arizonan - Friday 11th October 2019, 5:15 PM

American tourist golfer is in Ireland and decides to have a round a the local town club. He reckons he is the best golfer around & very confident. He says to the club captain. I would like to play your best player. That would be Mickey Delaney he replies, Mickey, this fella want to challenge you to a round. Okay Mickey says, meet me here tomorrow at 9, but I might be half an hour late. The next day Mickey arrives at 9 and wipes the floor with him so the American is smarting a bit so challenges him to a game the next day. Okay says Mickey, 9am again but I might be half an hour late. 9am Mickey is there again but with left handed clubs and wipes the floor with him again. The American says, yesterday you beat me with right handed clubs & today left handed, how do you choose which clubs to use. Mickey says, if the missus is lying on her left in the morning I bring the left handed clubs & if on her right side, the right handed clubs. What if she is on her back? Asks the yank. I'll be half an hour late says Mickey!
posted by CoJ (Guest) - Friday 11th October 2019, 6:44 PM

Seamus is going arpound knocking on doors looking for casual work. I've got a job for you, said one bloke, my Rolls needs cleaning inside and out; the things you'll need are in the stable block. A few hours later, Seamus knocks on the door again and pronounces the job finished, as indeed it was and immaculate in all respects. I found these in the boot, he said holding up two tees, what might they be for an all an all? Ah tees, said the bloke, they're for putting your balls on when you're driving. Holy Mother of God, said Seamus, doesn't Rolls Royce think of everything.
posted by The Arizonan - Friday 11th October 2019, 8:36 PM

Woman is playing a round of golf, when she's stung by a bee. On seeking medical advice the doctor enquired where she got stung "Between the first and second hole" said she. "Well," said the doctor "to avoid this happening in future, you may want to think about widening your stance"
posted by Marbella White 1 - Saturday 12th October 2019, 9:29 AM

Oh dear how to f++k up a gag. That should of course read "narrowing your stance". LMFAO :))
posted by Marbella White 1 - Saturday 12th October 2019, 11:25 AM

Yeah, a bit rough.
posted by The Arizonan - Saturday 12th October 2019, 4:48 PM

LMFAO? Sounds like one of those minority groups that are taking over the world!
posted by CoJ (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 5:29 PM

Yes, and not in a fair way ...
posted by The Arizonan - Saturday 12th October 2019, 6:29 PM

posted by
geezer (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 10th October 2019, 7:45 PM

I thought we has a two way extradition with them. We have sent two people to them over computer fraud. They even went to court to stop it but lost. But now some diplomats wife from the yanks kills a bloke on a push bike goes back home and wont be coming back. And looks like she will get away with it. Now will this government scrap the order. Or is it what the yanks say Dont do as i do do as i say. And they go around the the world preaching the rights and wrongs to other people.
Replies
Americans will strenously defend their own Geezer, while actively pursuing who they deem as malfeasants in other countires. 'Twas ever thus. The UK should never have agreed to extradite the persons you mentioned so the fault, in the main, lies with Westminster and non-accountable ministers. However, it's not a tit-for-tat situation. She shouldn't have left the country and was badly advised so to do, ruining her reputation and her husbands career and denying the greiving family an explanation and an apology. Shameful she should act that way but the only way she'll show up in an English court is if she returns voluntarily.
posted by The Arizonan - Thursday 10th October 2019, 8:18 PM

The trouble is, once someone claims diplomatic immunity it threatens the ethos and integrity of the whole process if the US gave her up and it would then be difficult to see where that would end - especially in times of conflict.

Of course it is not right that someone can "alledgedly" take another's life (however accidental) and then not face an investigation at the least but regretfully there's much more at stake here internationally and diplomatically.

Hopefully the lawsuit that the lad's parents take out against this woman will throw further light on the matter and if she is found guilty then they get what they are hoping for friom the action they're taking.
posted by MST (Moderator) - Friday 11th October 2019, 10:09 AM

posted by
Friends of Fulham (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 10th October 2019, 4:39 PM

A roundup of all your Thursday Fulham News 10/10/19 https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=73026.0

posted by
Drago (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Thursday 10th October 2019, 3:56 PM

Between Kebano, Christie, and KMac we have three proven Championship players who could probably start or be key subs for a dozen clubs in this division. You’d have to think we’ll be able to sell and offload those wages — I’d trade all three for Freddo or a Prem caliber right back. Same with De La Torre and O’Riley. We should do those boys a favor and get them playing for Stoke, Wigan, etc. And take that money and invest it in our back line.
Replies
I don't remember any player called assets at Fulham
posted by mrdumb (Guest) - Thursday 10th October 2019, 6:09 PM

Hans Offmier-Assets; Bundesliga. He's a keeper.
posted by The Arizonan - Thursday 10th October 2019, 8:21 PM

"He's a keeper" -
Double entendre' Ari?? LOL
posted by MST (Moderator) - Friday 11th October 2019, 1:13 PM

Of course, and a clean one too ...
posted by The Arizonan - Friday 11th October 2019, 3:51 PM

Am I not right in thinking that Freddo let his contract run down, so he could go on a free transfer, deny Fulham a transfer fee, and increase his earnings. I think hell will freeze over before he returns to Fulham.
posted by Alicante Bert (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 10:11 PM

posted by
T.no (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Wednesday 09th October 2019, 8:49 PM

I have read on several posts concern that when we go up we will again have to do without this seasons loanees. On the player profiles,ffc apparantly have an option to keep all 5. Can anyone elaborate on this.
Replies
T.no you must have been on your hols mate. The club have the loanees under contract to become permanent at the end of the season at the club's discretion at a transfer fee already agreed. If they don't work out they return to their parent club. Lessons have been learnt from last seasons recruitment debacle, for which the club should be applauded (and that's coming from me for Christ's sake).
posted by The Arizonan - Thursday 10th October 2019, 12:27 AM

Yes, lessons learnt and Tony Khan, despite his previous failings must be congratulated for pulling this off on all the loan players! It’s a win win situation for Fulham. Let’s try to get promoted first!
posted by John (Guest) - Thursday 10th October 2019, 8:38 AM

All of our loan players have a good amount of Premier League experience. I can not fault the recruitment policy this season (though an extra two defenders would have been nice). If we do get promoted, I can't see any reason why we wouldn't sign the players (who would have been a part of the club for 12 months) on a permanent basis. At any level of football, consistency can play a huge advantage in performance.
posted by Dan (Guest) - Thursday 10th October 2019, 10:19 AM

Well, we're off to a good start in the January window having already signed Hector. Wonder what he does all day? Badger?
posted by The Arizonan - Thursday 10th October 2019, 8:23 PM

Has a coffee with Lysander, when he’s not fighting Greeks.
posted by Mortlake (Guest) - Saturday 12th October 2019, 6:37 PM

Thought that was Mitrovic?
posted by The Arizonan - Saturday 12th October 2019, 9:55 PM

posted by

previous posts
-

posted on
Wednesday 09th October 2019, 7:03 PM

Rumour has it that Mark Hughes is set to become the next Manager in for a short while at Reading FC. Three managers sack in two days what are the chances Scott Parker will still be team manager at Fulham FC at the end of the season?
Replies
He'll be there. Can't see any reason to change him and the Khans have other fish to fry right now. I think he's doing OK. Cue fish jokes ...
posted by The Arizonan - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 8:26 PM

Mark Hughes! Not sure if they’re ambitious enough for him,lol Scott Parker ? No complaints from me,unlike all the other so called Fans on here questioning him every game.
posted by Chief (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 8:34 PM

Parker Out! Cheif you spelled your name wrong..
posted by Fred (Guest) - Thursday 10th October 2019, 8:07 AM

I have to say, I'm not convinced by Parker. He was a relatively uninspiring player, and I feel he may be the same as a coach. Give him until the end of the Christmas period and see where we lie.
posted by Dan (Guest) - Thursday 10th October 2019, 11:38 AM

dan; I cant agree with you less. scott parker was a player who inspired wherever he played, and we got some good service from him over the seasons he played at the cottage. whether you like or dislike him or his approach, he is getting it right, and forget all the talk about the sack . he should be judged by how we end the season, and unlike others, I am confident he will deliver.
posted by zambesian (Guest) - Thursday 10th October 2019, 2:08 PM

Having watched Scott Parker. More closely don’t agree with your assesment certainly made his presence felt when he played for us not the best at going forward. But very steady in midfield areas and not afraid to go in where it hurts !!!!
posted by Len (Guest) - Friday 11th October 2019, 12:54 PM

len, agreed dan, not agreed. I was always a bit wary of him after he injured jimmy bullard at Newcastle a decade ago, but he was quite a presence in the time he played here.
posted by kilroy wazir (Guest) - Friday 11th October 2019, 3:58 PM

On the Kamara football programme the following day after that match, Chris Coleman said that he couldnt talk more highly of Scott Parker who came in the Fulham dressing room at both half snd full time to see Bullard and the medical staff. Bullard went on record after saying the incident was a complete accident and in no way Parker’s fault. It must have been bad however, as Collins John took one look at it and threw up.
posted by Keetch54 - Friday 11th October 2019, 5:31 PM

posted by
Chris of Jokes

previous posts

posted on
Wednesday 09th October 2019, 4:46 PM

To the person who stole my glasses. I will find you, I have my contacts!
Replies
Didn't see that one coming!
posted by John (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 5:27 PM

Wine,beer or champagne glasses? I my view they just need washing up. Seen it before many times it is never clear though.
posted by Ted (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 6:14 PM

John sounds like you’ve had too many Tikka Masalas to let that one off! Blimey!! You need help but don’t listen to Dr Fawkes, Guido is full of Bullsh*t.
posted by Hughin Best (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 6:30 PM

Don't need help mate, but I will look into it !
posted by John (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 6:56 PM

Sounds like you’re already doing that from your previous posts....head in your ar8e.
posted by Del (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 7:27 PM

Hey John. I guess some fell on stoney ground. Let's see if they eventually get it but it doesn't look promising ...
posted by The Arizonan - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 11:18 PM

Guess your right mate, I'll see if I can make it a bit easier for them !
posted by John (Guest) - Thursday 10th October 2019, 9:22 AM

John mate, not sure if you could have made it easier. Oh will you can lead a horse to water....
posted by Chris of Jokes - Thursday 10th October 2019, 10:07 AM

Tried my best Chris, it's difficult to get through to some pupils !
posted by John (Guest) - Thursday 10th October 2019, 5:43 PM

Especially those in the cornea of the Hammy End.
posted by The Arizonan - Thursday 10th October 2019, 8:26 PM

Or The Riversight. Oh dear that's the best I can come up with. Very poor.
posted by CoJ (Guest) - Thursday 10th October 2019, 10:15 PM

Twenty lashes for you.
posted by The Arizonan - Thursday 10th October 2019, 11:02 PM

Perhaps it's time to put a lid on this
posted by John (Guest) - Friday 11th October 2019, 1:43 PM

I'd be dilated to do so ...
posted by The Arizonan - Friday 11th October 2019, 3:55 PM

Your jokes are so cornea it's lacrimal so iris dew in the name of the law. Pretty poor huh!
posted by MST (Moderator) - Friday 11th October 2019, 4:28 PM

That one brought tears to my eyes.
posted by The Arizonan - Friday 11th October 2019, 8:42 PM

posted by
John (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Tuesday 08th October 2019, 9:42 PM

As far as I read from the press there’s no stipulation on the period of extension the prime minster must request. What stops him from requesting an extension of just 1 day? He compliant with the benn law surely! Anyone know??
Replies
Whatever Pariament say about us not leaving on the 1st August, won't matter if the EU don't give us any more extension. Nothing is settled any more than it was a couple of years ago. Whatever happens, there is nothing we can do, so forget about it.
posted by Alicante Bert (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 9:49 PM

Just stop paying them until the EU come up with some sort of idea
posted by Staines not so massive (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 10:09 PM

1st of August ????
posted by Keetch54 - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 8:04 AM

The EU can say all they want about not giving extensions; it's all rhetoric because they cannot lawfully refuse. It is the UK that have sacked the EU not the other way around and the decsion is entirely in the hands of the UK Parliament. The period of extension is the only thing that has to be agreed by the EU not the extension itself.

To answer your question John, if BJ asked for one day and there still was no deal after that period he would have to ask for another extension and another and so on until a deal is struck. The Benn ruling does not allow for a "no deal" period.

Commentators that I speak to agree that the most likey outcome next week is an extension until the end of January but who really knows.....
posted by MST (Moderator) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 8:16 AM

I find it difficult to believe that if we can't come up with a solution to the " leave" problem after three years we will suddenly do a Tommy Cooper and produce one out of the hat
posted by John (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 9:22 AM

Hopefully we won't leave ;0)))......
posted by MST (Moderator) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 11:26 AM

....On a serious note the obvious solution is put the border down the Irish Sea for customs and divide from the ROI in political separation.

Simples but the DUP won't have it!! Can't blame Boris for this one :0(.

posted by MST (Moderator) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 11:28 AM

Funny you should be " hopeful that we don't leave" - not like you at all !!!!!!
posted by John (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 12:05 PM

I do not know the answer . No one knows for certain what will happen if we remain or leave with out a deal, I just wish people would give there opinion and not say it is a fact in. Remain isn't a option to many people are not happy with our current set up with Europe and just leaving is not a option for the same reason. A Election and one side getting a majority of 30 seats + will sort this out one way or another but I suspect we already know how that would go.

posted by Tezza - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 12:32 PM

bcoloxs to BREXIT
posted by jimjo (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 1:38 PM

Just to cheer you up Gina Miller is about to impart her unbiased view on Brexit - enough already!
posted by John (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 1:53 PM

Well done Jimbo you almost managed to spell it right !
posted by Dave (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 1:57 PM

If I spell it correctly it will not be published.I only do so as a protest as this is supposed to be a football forum not a right wing TORY broadsheet
posted by jimjo (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 4:38 PM

So why do you keep banging on about brexit jj if it’s , as you say , a football forum ?
posted by Mike (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 5:14 PM

John your subject heading ‘How to exit Euro in the next month’. Euro? We never went into the Euro you dumb ignorant ass. If you can’t get the basics right to start a discussion don’t bother and as for the rest of you none of you picked up on that shows your ignorance, you better stick to football or are you brain dead on that as well.
posted by Del (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 7:13 PM

If you mean the eu , we joined on 1st January 1973 !
posted by Paul (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 8:27 PM

The EU was formed in 1993.
posted by The Arizonan - Friday 11th October 2019, 3:58 PM

@jimjo you are right, I initially started posting on here as a wind up, hence the moniker. I was a long time lurker who enjoyed reading the football chat. I became increasingly concerned by the tone of posts in a number of areas (one of which has been deleted - I won't bring it up again!). So I started to stir the pot. I'm a left leaning, pro-EU FFC fan and I'm under 40, with enough life experience and nous to be tolerant of all walks of life without actually being a 'snowflake', though I enjoyed being labelled as one due to the juvenile streak that I have and love of a good wind up. I think getting back to the football is what I'd like to see, I've gone beyond just trolling now and think the quality of this board is suffering. Less politics and more long-winded but wildly optimistic rants from the sublime @OWEN is what I'd like to see. COYWS!
posted by The troll (Guest) - Friday 11th October 2019, 7:17 PM

Aaaargh, the "Snowflake" thing. Sadly, it's our local town and has become a byword for wets of all descriptions. Maybe we'll change the name to something more manly (like Remington or Colt). If you don't believe me Google it.
posted by The Arizonan - Friday 11th October 2019, 8:49 PM

posted by

previous posts
-

posted on
Tuesday 08th October 2019, 12:10 PM

Our visit to Charlton Athletic in London SE always worried me and the 2 – 2 at the end was more than we deserved, because as always I repeat our need for some decent defenders, two central defender and a right back in January or we can forget any thoughts of Premiership next season. If we won the second half, Charlton were all over us like a rash in the first. We also have to shake off the policy of having on-loan players, for even if they give their all, like Callum Chambers last season, they will more than likely be doing it in someone else’s team next season. If you have any doubts ask Pep Guardiola who let Vincent Company go at the end of last season but could not afford Harry McGuire but United who did buy him cannot win even with him in their side. What I make of that I do not understand, but I do know that Fulham was a far better side with George Cohen, Paul Went, Brede Hegeland or John Lacy in our side than any of our current defenders.
Replies
I m pretty sure, no, scrap that, I am definitely sure the game was played in SW6 not London SE!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 12:21 PM

Sorry, me again, just confirm what defenders in the current squad are on loan? And to confirm, the year we went up, Mitro - loan, Kallas - loan, Target - loan, Piazon - loan. We went up! Yeah, that loan system really failed that season didn't it!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 12:25 PM

ROC - once and for all the loanees are all playing with a clause that their contracts will be made permanent, solely at the club’s option at the end of the season. It will be the club’s decision of they are playing elsewhere after this season’s end. Hope you didn’t go to the valley last Saturday , as you might have felt rather lonely.....
posted by Keetch54 - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 1:49 PM

Obviously there may be a clause in the loan contract which is dependent upon promotion. The loan system is a good one, in general, however, if you loan the wrong players (such as Schurrle, who was only trying to reignite his career), it can go horribly wrong, and you end up playing a player because it's been agreed between the two clubs that player will play, even if they aren't appropriate for particular games. Knockaert seems like a fantastic loan signing. He's a proven Championship and a reasonably experience Premier League player. He is playing a lot of minutes for us this season (deservedly so), and his reaction to the goals in the Wigan game prove that he WANTS to play for Fulham. I do agree with ROC on the whole. We need to bulk up our defence. Odoi is a great squad player, but other than our starting back four, we are painfully thin. MLM and CC are not good enough players to bring us back up.
posted by Dan (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 3:20 PM

Overall. Another two points lost should have scored five second half 7 dropped at home points to teams we should h@ve beaten. Not to worry confident of automatic promotion DONT PANIC !!!!!!
posted by Len (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 6:07 PM

Both Cabillero and Knockeart are good enough to play in the premier league. Their club managers do not consider them suitable for the way their respective clubs want to play.This also applies to our other loan players. They didn't come to us because they wanted to play in the championship. They came because they believed we could regain promotion, and they want to be part of that. Without our loan players, we have no chance of going up, so I agree wholeheartedly with the way the club is thinking. They had their fingers burnt last season, spending lots of money on players they hadn't seen perform. That wont happen this time.
posted by Alicante Bert (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 9:44 PM

Fulham and defenders is a bit like Brexit - it been going on for ages and nothing seems to have happened. One question is Alfie Mawson good enough ?
posted by Tezza - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 12:43 PM

Yes. He is arguably our best defender.
posted by Alicante Bert (Guest) - Thursday 10th October 2019, 8:23 PM

posted by
John (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Monday 07th October 2019, 6:55 PM

It maybe be the dreaded international break but plenty of lively discussion on the site.
Replies
So boring these international weekends ,could always go and watch league 1,2 or even conference matches. Could even tell some jokes!
posted by Cheif (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 8:45 PM

OK then - what's the similarity between lobster thermidor and a blow job? You don't get either at home ...
posted by The Arizonan - Monday 07th October 2019, 10:38 PM

You can now buy Sat Navs which allow you to choose a synthesied voice of famous people to give you directions e.g Elvis, Donald Trump etc but I chose Bono from U2. Total waste of time I ended up at a street with no name, and I still haven't found what I'm looking for..
posted by Marbella White 1 - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 6:36 AM

Why do women wear perfume and make up? Because they smell and they’re ugly!
posted by Cheif (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 6:38 AM

Why do women have clean minds ? Cos they are always changing them !
posted by Massa (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 7:26 AM

What should you do if your girlfriend starts smoking? Slow down, and use some WD40.
posted by Marbella White 1 - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 9:58 AM

Cheif I'm still sure you spell your name wrongly, but who am I to comment?
posted by Marbella White 1 - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 10:39 AM

One girl to another asks, "Do you smoke after sex" and the reply was " I don't know I've never looked " ! !
posted by Malden Mick (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 11:50 AM

A farmer went to a local bar and ordered a glass of champagne. The woman sitting next to him said, ‘How about that? I just ordered champagne too! ‘What a coincidence the farmer said. ‘This is a special day for me. I am celebrating’….. ‘This is a special day for me too, I am also celebrating,’ said the woman. ‘What a coincidence’ said the famer. As they clinked glasses, he asked her what she was celebrating? ‘My husband and I have been trying to have a child and today my doctor told me that I am pregnant!’ ‘What a coincidence!’ said the farmer. ‘Last year all my hens were infertile, but today they are all laying eggs again’. ‘That’s great!’ said the woman, ‘how did your chickens become fertile?’ ‘I used a different cock’ he replied. The woman smiled, clinked his glass and said, ‘what a coincidence’!
posted by Chris of Jokes - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 2:31 PM

:)))))
posted by Marbella White 1 - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 3:12 PM

That is more than the riverside stand ever gave the team
posted by Nick (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 6:26 PM

posted by
MST (Moderator)

previous posts

posted on
Monday 07th October 2019, 1:26 PM

Here we go again with these total to55ers that call themselves Extintion Rebellion. Blockading London again, building wooden huts in the road and I just read that their next move is to disrupt hospital energency care.

When are the police going to use force to remove these w@nkers. Bring out the smoke bombs and rubber bullets I say and I really mean that.

Very rarely will you see me reduced to profanities on thiis board but these @rs3h0les make me seeth!
Replies
I agree with you, sort this sad lot out. All the people who gave up there life for GB must be looking down & saying what the FCUK did I do It for, There is no GB anymore, we are a total shambels.
posted by Will (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 1:54 PM

MST, you are oh so right, they are a bunch of idiots, and we need to bring the army in, as the police have enough on their plate already. This country as far as I can so is ahead of the game as far as climate change is concerned. Why don't they go to China to protest, not here.
posted by LTS (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 3:22 PM

So what you'd prefer us to be like China or Russia where people can't protest ,where they get shot at point blank range !!...I'm proud that we live in a country where you can still peacefully demonstrate....there are families and people of all ages who feel passionately about the future of this planet and they are doing what they feel they have to do to get some attention...that's all .
posted by Markrightback (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 3:39 PM

If you think what they are doing is peaceful then it gives a new definition of "peaceful" to my mind! Buiding wooden structures and blocking bridges and roads causing havoc to all and sundry is not demonstrating, it is breaking the law and putting people's lives at risk. Especially as they have now admitted that they will disrupt the emergency services and A&E departments of hospitals!

Earlier in the year a guy missed getting to his father whilst he was gravely ill and his father died before the guy could get to his side because of this DROSS blocking the roads.

Also if you think 100% of these people are there because they care about the future of the planet then I am afaid you are a little naive (no offence intended). Many of them just like to cause problems bbecause they have dropped out of society and have nothing better to do.

We do not live in some kind of dystopian era where it's ok for "RABBLE" like these to take over the lives of normal hard working people trying to go about their daily lives!

If any of my team were involved in any of this nonsense then I would summarily dismiss them for gross misconduct and bringing our company into disrepute. If more companies took action against these to55ers then they might think twice about what the meaning of a "peaceful demonstration" looks like!

posted by MST (Moderator) - Monday 07th October 2019, 4:01 PM

Shooting these eco warriors is a bit over the top , just a good kicking would suffice.
posted by Dave (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 4:03 PM

LTS this country pays out millions to the EU every year because it dont meet any agreements about pollution. And MST its got nothing to do with who you work for. What you do in your own time. And you talk about the reds in the labour party. You are no better.
posted by geezer (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 4:15 PM

Geezer if you truly believe that what you do in your own time is ok when related to your job then you are not as bright as I thought you were.

Ok to rape, pillage, murder, steal, mame,wreck other people's lives, disrupt emergency services, spray red die over buildings, super glue yourself to roads, trains and cars etc. and still expect to have a job. Don't be so daft and I doubt your employers or your customers if you are self employed would stand for it either.

My people are stand up members of our communities and know what is expected of them as an employee of our company and it is not breaking the law!

Sounds to me like you are the lefty mate not me....
posted by MST (Moderator) - Monday 07th October 2019, 4:35 PM

You know what MST ..I think you've said enough mate ..when you start calling me names ..that's enough ok ..you have you right opinion and I have mine ....stick to the football
posted by Markrightback (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 4:48 PM

Watched a programme last night which highlighted the way Canada is getting its oil from the ground, huge chimneys belching out ton after ton of thick black smoke. But hey it's worth trillions of dollars to the Caadian economy so carry on lads keep drilling!
posted by John (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 4:53 PM

My neighbour who is 85,a retired nurse and not a well woman this afternoon picked her granddaughter up from school and is now on Westminster bridge in the rain having her say ,showing her concern about the future for her granddaughter..and today MST you have called her a w@nker ,dross ,rabble and suggested the police use smoke bombs and rubber bullets !!...you are a disgrace ...
posted by Markrightback (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 5:12 PM

At 85 you would think she would have more sense than to disrupt ordinary people’s lives , hope she is proud of herself . As already mentioned, bring in the army to sort these low life’s out . I know what I would do if I met one of these eco w*****s .
posted by Dave (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 5:20 PM

Ill say again. Its got nothing to with you what people do in there own time. And you really need to get over your self my old son. And may be you need to go and live in Russia. You were once going to blow the whistle on a bloke that posted on here that you didnt like again. Getting his IP address. Now you will tin a bloke thats out of working hours that doing what he thinks is right. You need to get off you high horse mate.
posted by GEEZER (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 6:18 PM

If it affects my day to day living it has everything to do with me , get these idiots of the streets . As for you Mac, are you sober ?
posted by Dave (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 6:25 PM

Thank you Dave I would love to meet you....
posted by Kevin (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 6:38 PM

So Dave I'm going to ignore the fact that your obviously a bit of a hard man who's going to give a couple of 85 year old eco w@nkers a good kick in !...any suggestion on how we deal with climate change or are you in the Trump camp and believe it's not really happening and it's just some idea dreamt up by scientists who haven't got anything better to do ..MST ..has already told us he recycles ,so that should sort it all out ...guess we can all relax now ...
posted by Markrightback (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 6:58 PM

So Markrightback some scientists say that global warning is happening do they, whether other scientists say that it's a load of scaremongering, and the world has been going for millions of years changing to hot, then to cold, like the weather does every day. If global warning is going to wipe out the planet, it will probably not happen for another million years, and this lot of protesters, will not make an iota of difference. If any of my staff take days off to march, they will not have a job to come back too.
posted by Briian Jarvis (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 7:14 PM

There will be very soon get ready and get used to it !!!! And stop whinging !!!!!
posted by Len (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 7:15 PM

Kevin , you would love to meet me ! Sounds like you’re an uphill gardener sonny , try the small bentford site , you might have better luck Lol
posted by Dave (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 7:26 PM

Mark , as per your name , go right back to wherever you come from , and no I wouldn’t lay a finger on an 85 year old , I would go BOO , lol
posted by Dave (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 7:32 PM

Well you announced online that you would do something if you met one of us demonstrators [not quite as you put it]. I am happy to meet you.
posted by Kevin (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 7:46 PM

The above is directed to the man Dave
posted by Kevin (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 7:48 PM

Kevin , if it makes you happy , and I get to rid the streets of time wasters like you then it’s fine with me , I suppose you have to wait till half term , and get dressed up in those stupid red outfits , lol. Get lost sonny and stick to your schooling
posted by Dave (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 7:56 PM

Lads and lasses , call it a draw and get back to focusing on ffc .
posted by Tim (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 8:23 PM

b,,,oll...oc..ks to brexit
posted by jimjo (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 8:42 PM

They like spraying property with red dye, I suggest spraying them with dye with the proviso that should they turn up to work (maybe) or to get the dole they are knocked back...
posted by Doris (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 9:52 PM

Well played
posted by Ipitombi (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 10:05 PM

Dave your a very funny man ...I’m from the elephant and castle any time you’d like to visit very happy to show you around !…
posted by Markrightback (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 10:42 PM

All I would like to say is Big up MST totally agree, the country has gone to pot allowing all these Eco /left wing silver spooned wasters to ruin our once great Country, it really doesn't matter how old they are tar and feather them with the same brush
posted by Qatar Dave (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 5:56 AM

Made me giggle - Boris Johnson has ridiculed Extinction Rebellion protestors as annoying “nose-ringed”, “hemp-smelling” “crusties”. LOL.
posted by MST (Moderator) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 6:14 AM

Put a fence round London , put all the protesters and politicians within , stop trucks going in and everyone’s a winner :-)))
posted by Staines not so massive (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 7:32 AM

Mark , lucky you living in E & C , isn’t that twinned with Beirut , lol. Enjoy the sites , sounds and particularly the smells of that jewel of London .
posted by Dave (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 7:32 AM

Dave you used the word 'dole' earlier. You must be very old now. Please calm down old chap you will have a heart attack.
posted by Louis (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 7:38 AM

Louis , I couldn’t be any calmer . Dole ? , where did I use that word ?
posted by Dave (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 7:45 AM

Dave , bit unfair on Beirut , having been to both I can tell you the Elephant and Castle is far more of a dump , just my opinion.
posted by Mike (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 7:48 AM

Elephant and castle Beirut...Dave your obviously a very funny intelligent gentlemen
posted by Markrightback (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 9:41 AM

Well. You started something there MST, not for the first time:)) I take it the wedding was a bit quiet, or did you introduce a topic for discussion there too? If so would love to have been a fly on the wall:)) Can you imagine this lot with a few beers in them? These ‘ discussions’ always reveal more about our posters than mere football. Keep it up lads, loving it.
posted by Mortlake (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 9:46 AM

Just stating facts Mark , but yes , more intelligent and funnier than you . Elephant and Castle , now that's funny .
posted by Dave (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 9:59 AM

All said and done though, this thread is infinitely more cheerful than an episode of EastEnders
posted by Marbella White 1 - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 10:42 AM

Getting the clap is more cheerful than an episode of Eastenders
posted by Keetch54 - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 4:26 PM

Wow, I thought I had seen it all in the Division over Brexit, but this post beats that. Peace ful protest is one thing. Blocking Central London, is not in my opinion Peaceful protest. How those pathetic people causing so much inconvenience to people going about their business, think they can gain support for their beliefs, by causing misery for others is beyond me. All they are doing, is turning people who may have been sympathetic against them.
posted by Alicante Bert (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 10:04 PM

posted by
Alan B (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Monday 07th October 2019, 9:31 AM

I don't like rugby, I never have, and I never will, and don't follow it in any way, but I can't avoid seeing the scores, while watching some news programmes, and most of the games seem so one sided, it must be boring, for even poor souls that actually follow the sport. It's like Fulham winning every game 10-0, and even I would hate that. Does anyone on this site really like rugby, ?
Replies
Its nothing like it. Theses are the early stages of the comp. Come the quarter finals it will get very tight.
posted by Hints (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 10:05 AM

With you al 100% , rugby bores the pants off me .
posted by Massa (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 11:46 AM

I must admit, I use to feel the same but I think most people who feel like that just don't know the laws of the game.

Once you have a better understanding of the rules, it becomes more interesting - believe me.

Not my favourite sport by a long chalk but still interesting to see how England do and the only reason they won by a country mile on Saturday was because Argentina were down to 14 men from very early on. Similar to Reading v FFC if you like.

Think of it as 7 points to one goal ;0).
posted by MST (Moderator) - Monday 07th October 2019, 1:14 PM

Football is becoming boring It's the same small group of teams all over Europe winning there leagues. Football players get a tap on the ankle & go down holding there head, rugby players get up from being stamped in the head & want to play on. Rugby might be boring to you but it is played by real MEN, unlike the QUEENS we have in football.
posted by Will (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 1:18 PM

Real men ? You mean real thugs !
posted by Joe (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 2:16 PM

It might be rugby thugs don’t have much between there ears .
posted by Ted (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 2:20 PM

I am another one who can't take to rugby, as to me it's all brawn and no brain. Have you seen some of the players ears and noses. They must be mad to want to be kicked to death, in every game. No I'll stick to the finesse of football. COYW
posted by Malden Mick (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 3:27 PM

Guess most of you have never played the game then.
posted by The Arizonan - Monday 07th October 2019, 4:03 PM

Overweight thugs kicking lumps out of each other in a so called sport with very few , if any , rules .
posted by Joe (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 4:08 PM

Yes Joe men, not the over paid fairys that play football.
posted by Will (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 4:28 PM

Joe, you couldn't be more wrong about being no rules in rugby, and they never argue with the refs as virtually every soccer player does if somebody dares ruffle his hair. I support England, and my England flag will stay up for hopefully a few more weeks.
posted by John (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 4:43 PM

Odd shaped blokes chasing an odd shaped ball , upon getting hold of it proceed to kick it into row z, riveting stuff eh ! Lol
posted by Ted (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 6:29 PM

We've had one or two that managed to kick it into row z when having a pop at goal!
posted by John (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 6:43 PM

Think you will find the average rugby union player has a better I q than his football counterpart not going to argue one against the other but rather watch England playing than watch a prem football match and football can certainly learn a few things ( time wasting respect to ref )you will never see a rugby player shouting and screaming at a ref clock stops for hold ups. Definatley needed in football As fo4 World Cup obviously weaker teams at the start but still been a couple of upsets next week will be more competitive
posted by Len (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 7:33 PM

Regarding rules far more in rugby certainly more intricate by the way not all rugby players overweight. Only the forwards who do most of the donkey work for the more athletical ones who do the yards ( putting it simple for the rugby cynics !!!
posted by Len (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 7:43 PM

John you are wrong there are no rules in Rugby like cricket they have only laws. But that explains the very different reactions from footballers: You can bend the rules but you cannot break laws. BTW I played for 17 years and can tell you it's the best game to take part in. At it's best it is the best sport to watch but it's also the easiest sport for referees to ruin which they do too frequently.
posted by Hints (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 1:02 AM

I'd agree wholeheartedly Hints. Great game to play and yes, you'll get a few knocks, but teams have a way of dealing with any thuggery, which is why it seldom rears its ugly head. A few tinnies afterwards give the game a social element totally lacking in soccer at any level.
posted by The Arizonan - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 2:21 AM

And what do you know, fans mix with one another and no pea brained idiots chanting racist remarks.
posted by John (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 5:30 PM

Really ? I used to work in the cabbage patch pub in Twickenham and some of the things I saw were embarrassing to say the least , racist comments , women urinating in the gutter in full view of children , vomiting everywhere, and this hours before ko .
posted by Mike (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 5:47 PM

Obviously you saw what you saw. Having said that have been to Twickenham on many occasions and always felt safe - which is more than I can say on my many football travel
posted by Joh (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 7:43 PM

Or even travels!
posted by John (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 7:44 PM

posted by
Buddy (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Monday 07th October 2019, 9:08 AM

His desire is so impressive, that second half foul on his ankle would have seen many players go off. His determination and strength got him his goal. My only worry is what if he did get injured.
Replies
Heard him squeal up the Hammersmith end ! Took a lot of stick from the 5 And 6 tried there hardest to wind him up at every opportunity. Have to admire his professionalism and that defender that mitro bashed booking was worth it !!!
posted by Len (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 7:49 PM

posted by
Vin (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Monday 07th October 2019, 5:05 AM

The parity in this league is unparalleled. You can chop up Fulham's shortcomings anyway you want but at the end of the day anything can and will happen. Lean back, close your eyes and enjoy the beautiful game We are in there as are the other 23 teams.
Replies
All of football seems to be like that this season. Norwich and Wolves beating City, Newcastle beating Man Utd, Rangers top of the Premiership.

posted by MST (Moderator) - Monday 07th October 2019, 8:17 AM

We are Fulhamish always though and old habits die hard.
posted by Supermac (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 9:38 AM

What's wrong with die hard ?
posted by Bruce Willis (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 11:48 AM

Apart from Wigan points dropped at home which should have been max. We should be 5 points clear at the top now still not to worry we will come into our own for sure. We will be going up automatically of that I’m sure !!!!!
posted by Len (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 7:52 PM

posted by
Brian Jarvis (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 06th October 2019, 2:52 PM

If we keep throwing away points like we did yesterday, and against WBA and Sheffield Wednesday, we will never catch up. It looks like we have a run of easy fixtures coming up, and Swansea and Leeds must have thought the same yesterday but Swansea lost against Stoke, and Leeds against Millwall,so some of the so called easy fixtures may not turn out that way. looking at the fixtures lists, it appears that the clubs above us, also have a run of easy games coming up, so if they do win them and we continue to throw away points against teams we would should be beating easily like Charlton yesterday, then we are never going to catch up.
Replies
CATCH UP? We're 3 points off the lead, stop taking the drugs
posted by Kevin (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 4:01 PM

Agreed Kevin it is time to start cleaning out some fair weather 'supporters'.
posted by Nick (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 4:24 PM

What a shock, if Man City can lose at home to Wolves, then anything can happen in football.
posted by A C (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 4:41 PM

KEVIN ,we should be 9 ahead not 3 behind You are too complacent No more excuses needed. .
posted by jimjo (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 5:41 PM

jimjo you are another deluded fan and forget how big a club we really are, we have no right to be anywhere other than where we are. Look at Leeds BIG club and have been down here for what 17 years? Time for some of you to take a reality check
posted by Kevin (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 6:34 PM

See where we are at Easter. I would be happy if we are basically in the top 6 preferably with no Wolves running away with it. I think we will put a run together after Xmas!
posted by Tony R (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 6:48 PM

Agree with Kevin,so many deluded people on this site with unrealistic expectations,personally I’d prefer 2 seasons in this division looking at our experience last season you need a very athletic,organised well drilled team,know it’s early days but we look nowhere near the finished article but do have a the foundations for a decent side. Looking at the results up to now nobody looks any better than anyone else. Let’s just enjoy being in a very competitive,exciting league and give the manager and team our encouragement and backing!
posted by Chief (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 8:40 PM

Seriously just enjoy the season. We are competitive for promotion that’s only been the case in a handful of seasons in the last 30 years. All those season are great memories with highs and lows but always a lot of fun. This season is looking like we could do it so get behind the team and enjoy the ride.
posted by Geoff (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 9:36 PM

We should be doing a Wolves this season and running away with below par Division, but either bad luck or bad management is stopping us, and I don't think at this stage it's bad management. Despite the fact that I think that Betts is a reasonable keeper, as two super saves yesterday proves, he is my opinion, just short of top class, and needs to be replaced in January, and as everyone of us can see, a new right back is a must, but Sess is our future, and he has been thrust in at an important season for the club, and is suffering for it at the moment, which is not all his fault.
posted by A C (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 11:43 PM

Last week Huddersfield and stoke had 2pts and propped the league up, similar to when we were last relegated it’s hard to hit the ground running after a horror season and adapt to a different league. I can’t understand why people who are only happy if we are 9 pts clear of 2nd support Fulham that’s not us maybe under tigana but that was 2nd attempt at promotion from the league after bracewell season. I don’t understand where this entitlement comes from it’s so not ffc. Get behind the team, enjoy a competitive season. Lastly please Stop demanding unrealistic performances from Steven Sess he is green and makes the odd green mistake that can be ironed out of his game but overall his standard and maturity is way ahead of the curve for an 18 year old and he will just get better.
posted by Geoff (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 12:58 AM

Leeds were probably looking at Millwall away as a “winnable fixture” Doom merchants need to calm down the trick is to be in touch with the promotion places and that is where we are right now. Dropped points against a very useful Charlton side unlucky not to win so not the disaster that some would have us believe.
posted by Eddie (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 1:28 PM

to all fairweather supporters (they are probably wide eyed and legless ) and to those who are willing to accept another season of this, i can assure you the majority of true fans wish for a return to the premiership asap.to say we are not good enough, cant cope with better sides, not that there are many of those if we are honest, is just negativity. there is no realism behind any of your comments.it will probably be another month before we do start to ascend, but lets put it into perspective- there are no outstanding sides in this division that are going to walk away at the top. we have as much chance as anyone else in the top half. pity there are so many pessimists on here.
posted by zambesian (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 2:46 PM

That was a bit Low Zambo.
posted by The Arizonan - Monday 07th October 2019, 3:36 PM

Catch up ???? Two points of top better position than this time last year average league our so called main rivals. Lost against millwall that takes some doing Serial bottlers !!!
posted by Len (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 7:56 PM

Arizonian; I have agreed with most of your postings in recent times, and I was just purely stating that there are a lot of people coming on this site, criticising the club constantly, even if the side is playing well, which h at present they are doing. yes, I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, it makes for a stirring debate .however, when certain people come on here and constantly slate the same player week after week, to me that is wrong. another point is why have some already decided that we are already not going up? we are nowhere near the business end, why not wait till then?.
posted by zambesian (Guest) - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 2:36 PM

Blimey Zambo, I thought you of all people would have got the "Low" comment as a play on your somewhat subtle "Fairweather" reference.
posted by The Arizonan - Tuesday 08th October 2019, 3:22 PM

Arizonian: talk about me being wise after the event!.i will be honest and admit you totally threw me with that very clever reply.its good to know that someone on here remembers andys song from 1974.i was only 18!.thanks for all your postings. if paradise was half as nice----
posted by zambesian (Guest) - Wednesday 09th October 2019, 11:52 AM

posted by
John (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 06th October 2019, 11:16 AM

Apart from a corner at Sheffield Wednesday and the wonder goal scored by Reading all our goals we conceded since the Forest game (and probably before) came from our right, including a couple of mistakes by Sessengnon! This is no coincidence! Points lost due to right back against Cardiff, Forest, West Brom, Wednesday and Charlton!!! Teams know we are weak on that side and attacking us and often able to penetrate us easily! I hope Parker can also see this and sort this position out ASAP in the international break. We have to buy someone in January!
Replies
Loose lips sink ships
posted by Scott (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 11:32 AM

We should remember Stevie Sess is a young player and has loads of potential,but at the moment he is a bit of a liability.It is imperative we sign a decent right-back in January,Ryan Fredericks was a huge loss.
posted by GEZZA (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 2:10 PM

Nothing against Sess. He’s young and in recent games proof he isn’t ready. The statistic is also loud and clear he’s our weakest link at the moment. My point is the club need to strengthen this area immediately with whatever we have available (namely Odoi I guess) and buy a proper right back in January or risk missing out on top two or even play-offs! Sess has potential - give him another season on the bench.
posted by John (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 3:03 PM

Agreed.
posted by GEZZA (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 6:38 PM

In order to improve sess needs to play, we need to invest in his development. Bench him for the season and we get promoted how will he fit in with our plans next season
posted by Pez (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 1:25 PM

posted by
Fulham Addict (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 06th October 2019, 10:45 AM

Southgate's promise to pick players who are playing in the Premiership and in good form has a decidedly hollow ring about it. So Kane and Wicks are in good form? Wicks cant even get in the team at Tottenham, and if it wasn't for his reputation, nor would Kane.
Anyone think Kane is worth his place after he turned out against Bayern and Brighton? Its about time Southgate got his nose out of the Tottenham dressing room and started looking around the country more often. If you look at the teams doing well in the Prem.,they all have forwards who are quick and actually RUN!!
Replies
Who cares?
posted by Doris (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 1:39 PM

No one cares about you Doris so get back in the kitchen where you belong
posted by Pete (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 2:02 PM

Sorry Petey I was confused, I thought this was a Fulham board not Spurs.. white with 2 OK for you?
posted by Doris (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 10:58 PM

posted by
Marbella White 1

previous posts

posted on
Sunday 06th October 2019, 9:56 AM

How did it go, did you see any of the game and did you get slaughtered?
Replies
I hope that it all went well, and that you all had a wonderful time.
posted by LTS (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 10:03 AM

Wedding went off without a hitch thanks. Good time had by all but feeling a little tender this morning ;0))
posted by MST (Moderator) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 12:56 PM

Ps yes saw most of the game on my phone on sky go. Bar couldn’t sort it out :0((. Thought FFC were really good in the 2nd half but sluggish in the first. Deserved to win in 2nd half performance I thought. First goal, terrible marking though and reminiscent of last season.
posted by MST (Moderator) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 1:04 PM

Surely there was a hitch , getting hitched means getting married , lol !
posted by Massa (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 1:33 PM

:0))))
posted by MST (Moderator) - Monday 07th October 2019, 8:14 AM

posted by
Saint George (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 06th October 2019, 9:39 AM

At last,the fighting spirit is back. Mitro has woken up from his slumber and realised he has to get more involved. My hat off to you Mitro, as I have in the recent post complained about your lazyness. Great to see Ream and Mawson begong to work well together. Where is Stephen Sassegnon though? Looking good Fulham.. Let's make the play offs..
Replies
Good post SG better than much of the negative and depressing crap I've read on this site in the past 24 hours
posted by Marbella White 1 - Sunday 06th October 2019, 9:55 AM

Play Offs ! ! Let's make the top two, or even better let's go for the title, as we are certainly good enough. Another day out at Wembley would be nice though.
posted by A C (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 10:05 AM

I thought Bobby the Decorator did superbly when he came on as he brought huge energy into the team. Very impressive.
posted by Marbella White 1 - Sunday 06th October 2019, 11:33 AM

posted by
John (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Sunday 06th October 2019, 9:26 AM

Everyone is complaining about the poor first half display yesterday. Which is true but look at the changes? A good manager is able to change things if it isn’t working. We blamed Parker so many times before, he wasn’t aware or quick enough to realise changes in the oppositions, most recently against Watford last season and against West Brom a few weeks ago. Parker have learned and I was super happy to see him change the formation to 3-5-1-1 at half time! It worked. I also saw a lot of players (Reid, cav, Knockaert and Cairney) moving around to confuse Charlton and to defuse their pressing!! I want to congratulate Parker for that!!
Replies
Nonsense! Arter was injured and Sessignon was playing so poorly he had to take him off and probably should have done so earlier. There was only one opyion which was to move to a three man back four. It's not rocket science. I agree though about Caveliero and knochaert they should always play on the right and left wings respectively.
posted by Doris (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 1:45 PM

Doris - the easy option would have brought on Odoi for Sess and most fans in the stadium was probably expecting that! Give Parker some credit for the brave move to 5 in the middle.
posted by John (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 2:58 PM

posted by
OWEN (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 05th October 2019, 8:50 PM

We have got to accept that we won't blow away teams every week and romp home 4-1 like in the reading game. Fulham play expansive and risky football, and there are teams that will look more closely at our tactics and adjust so accordingly. Likewise, we also need to think further ahead and change a little bit here and there. My doubts about Scott Parker to take us into the play-offs and beyond will surface and question if he can push us further?. Steve Sess was the wrong choice today at right-back, and i seriously believe that the return of Dennis Odoi is needed. Odoi is a yard quicker off the block for starters and he is much more experienced, which is what we needed. We are pushing up and playing much quicker which was needed and there are lots more opportunities to score goals which is fantastic. But there is a but' we don't put away enough of those chances in the equation, we waste opportunities big time. Another weakness we might need to address, is our goalkeeping? Bettonelli still does not look rock-solid, i am sorry to say this, and i don't trust him. Bettonelli lingers too long on the ball in his area for a start and he still looks flakey and his positioning isn't great. One last thing, if Fulham still persist in playing out from the back every week, we need a plan 'B' now! The better teams won't allow us that laksy daisy luxury. Teams have sussed us, and a slow thinking goalkeeper does not help. Bettonelli needs to study some videos. I suggested the flary french Loris at Tottenham, but he messed up recently. Why not take a leaf from the Van Der Sar book of goalkeeping? Apart from our goalkeeping woes, how do we inject more pace and space when we ping the ball upfield? Over to you Scotty!!!!!!!!!
Replies
Owen why don't you stop comlaining. We have only lost two games out of eleven. From what I see his tactics are certainly better than the last two managers. We have the best goal difference in the league, If you want to win every game, go and support Liverpool or Manchester City. This is the Championship where there s not much difference between the teams, and harder to predict a result.for me its more exciting than the Premier league, where clubs like us struggle to compete.
posted by Alicante Bert (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 9:47 PM

Bert' i want us to get out of this dogfight of a league. You are correct in saying the Championships is exciting and anyone can beat anyone. The Premier league is should be our ambition and we could and should strive and improve to get back there. I disagree that we won't compete and do well back in prem. If the likes of Brighton, Sheff Utd,and Norwich can graft and pick up results in the prem, why can't Fulham? We did good for 13 or so years and we can again. I still say that little details like our right back and goalkeeping situation needs to be addressed. It is a nice thought and sentiment to enjoy winning and losing in the Championships like a lark in the park. We might as well buy icecreams every week and enjoy our football in it, or show some ambition to get back to the prem. I want Fulham to improve like Burnley and Bournemouth who also got relegated but bounce back to the prem. Give me Liverpool and man city every week, life is a challenge. Liverpool are scraping results right now, they are not invinceable...
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 10:47 PM

I totally agree, Owen. If we're going to gain promotion we need to be at the races from the off in every game, and pressure opponents to expect no soft rides at the Cottage. Our first half performance was dismal - our players need to understand they're getting paid good money to perform. A second half effort is just not good enough. As for Betts, he concerns me with his lack-a-daisical approach to clearing the ball, and he should have done better to stop their first easy goal - it was kicked straight at him. He should take lessons from Charlton's excellent goalie how to stop goals.
posted by stephenterry (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 5:35 AM

It is hardly do or DIE
posted by Supermac (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 7:53 AM

You sobered up yet Mac ?
posted by Ted (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 9:21 AM

Yes betts was kind of at fault for the first goal but not fully nitro should of won that header. I agree betts positioning was off but he made some stand out saves. It was a well thought draw against a tough team and we played some food attacking football. People have been moaning about the sideways passing but we was going forward alot yesterday so everyone needs to cheer up. 3 points off top. Some great players we have. And betts is a good keeper yes he likes to play out from the back but he has been told to otherwise we would boot it every chance he gets. And he makes some great saves. He can't have it all. His good enough for the championship at least.
posted by Paul24FFC (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 9:53 AM

Was nitro even playing?
posted by spelingcorector (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 10:01 AM

disagree with your analysis of their first goal ST.The man was unmarked in the middle of the penalty area,and you expect Bets to stop it?The problem was in fact our walking football tactics of the first half.Indeed i said to my friend "we are going to let one in shortly",and hey ho we did.Even the second was avoidable .Instead of passing it out from the area,it should have been belted up field as far as possible ,and regroup.Did we ?oh no we passed,straight to the opposition who crossed,and 2 .1.Constant cock ups will always bring fatality.
posted by v.r.bedley (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 10:12 AM

I meant mitro, and for the second goal. All in all should have won. Played great second half. Hit the bar the post but ended as a draw. Life goes on but we never played rubbish so any moaning is pointless.
posted by Paul24FFC (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 12:03 PM

@Paul24FFC so we "never played rubbish"? Did you watch the first half at all?
posted by Doris (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 1:48 PM

posted by
Badger (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 05th October 2019, 8:21 PM

Not great first halve that’s gonna happen we’re sitting 3rd much better start than when Jokanovic took us up not gonna win every game if you want perfection not gonna happen there only human we must have so many perfect fans on this board who never makes mistakes
Replies
We might have been 3rd after the game, but at 5pm we were seventh.
posted by Alicante Bert (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 9:34 PM

Does it really matter? We are in October and 3 points off top.
posted by Paul24FFC (Guest) - Sunday 06th October 2019, 12:05 PM

posted by
BAZ (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 05th October 2019, 7:07 PM

I don’t think Ryan Sess has had a game there yet, maybe the way they are going it is a good thing. I bet Steve is glad he stayed with us, the best way to learn is to do it for real and although he is good he has more to experience.
Replies
Probably on four times the salary though? Some sort of compensation.
posted by Simon (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 7:35 PM

Better off not playing at the moment!
posted by John (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 8:30 PM

After Spurs last two performances, I don't think Ryan will have to wait much longer to get a game.
posted by Alicante Bert (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 9:32 PM

posted by
Simon (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 05th October 2019, 6:30 PM

Same points as QPR and 1more than Charlton. Let’s be honest.You would have settled for that 11 games ago, wouldn’t you?
Replies
Not good enough, bring back Felix & I will supply the cheese free of charge.
posted by Will (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 7:09 PM

posted by
Joseph (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 05th October 2019, 5:52 PM

Fulham are going nowhere conceding goals every game.Their defence has been a problem over the last 3 seasons, and continues.
Replies
Must agree with that one.From the highlights of the Villa game and reports, Matt Targett was someone we should have hung on to.
posted by KUNYE (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 11:50 PM

joseph, you are talking rot. kunye, you always do. must diaagree. even worse, rodak is still in the reserves!
posted by kilroy wazir (Guest) - Monday 07th October 2019, 2:55 PM

posted by
raymond of elliot school 59 (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 05th October 2019, 4:10 PM

What is it with this team, every single home game they struggle. What is going on at the Cottage. Another 2 points lost.You can forget promotion, there is no consistency with this side.
Replies
Promotion for sure this season. Good stuff going on. No need for this 2 points. I will remember this promotion. Each home game tough but pulling through.Variety not consistency this team.
posted by larry (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 4:26 PM

It’s not consistency that’s the problem; it’s the tactics. With a great forward line capable of ripping any side apart, we should be moving the ball around with greater pace and taking the game to our opponents, rather than sitting too far back and playing pretty pretty football. We waste too much time getting from one end of the park in to the opponents box.....we are not allowing our fast paced forwards to create enough chances. We are incapable of keeping a clean sheet, if we continue to play as we are
posted by Rm (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 4:26 PM

Today’s game like any other won’t decide promotion,a really decent game,Charlton not a bad side we should of won it. Always concerned with our defence look dodgy at the back,a really exciting season ahead we will be in the mix only 3 points from the top we haven’t even gone on a decent run yet
posted by Cheif (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 4:41 PM

F**k of you muppet, 3 points off the top, you lot live in cuckoo land
posted by Sid (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 4:44 PM

Cheif (but thinking you mean Chief) we are actually on a run of 6 unbeaten, we've got 7 out of 9 points in a week I'd take that if offered.
posted by Marbella White 1 - Saturday 05th October 2019, 4:50 PM

Tough league. Credit to man marking Charlton they did a job. Sess was poor today not sure why. Leeds and Swansea have now both lost too!
posted by Tony R (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 4:55 PM

Sid, Cheif is right we are on 19 and 22 is the top so we are off by 3 points and with a goal diff of 10. I suggest you calm down and apologise.
posted by Marbella White 1 - Saturday 05th October 2019, 4:59 PM

Don’t think we done very well in the first half, charlton had a plan and it took us a while to work it out. Parker made the right decision to take Sess and Arter off. Think Arter hurt himself and Sess was struggling. Thought we looked good going at it quickly but not so good when we slow the game down. At least Parker made changes that were for the better. Still feel that if we are there or thereabouts come Xmas we will spend on players that have Premier league experience.
posted by Gaz (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 5:07 PM

Perhaps if we played the first half as well as the second half we would be out of sight of the rest. And for the record that first 45 minutes was as dire as it gets.
posted by Other john (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 5:11 PM

We finished in 3rd place after the game, and both Swansea and Leeds lost. WBA are the only dangers to us finishing 1st or 2nd, but I am happy to be where we are at the moment, as I for one still say that come Christmas we will be in the top 6, and then we will push on and win the title.
posted by Malden Mick (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 5:17 PM

Raymond why do you keep ‘coming’ on here we know you’re a Brentford fan! Is it the excitement of talking about Fulham that turns you on!! Today’s game shows the team has great spirit and oozes with quality and talent. We’re only 3 points off the top after just 11 games and as MW has said give me that any day. Stoke haven’t won this season until today beating Swansea at the Liberty knocking them off the top, just shows you can’t predict results in this league. Bowyer did his homework on us, Charlton were well organised and disciplined they came at us from the start, good to see The Addicks doing well they’ve been through tough times on and off the field, hope they continue to do well this season. Raymond how did Brentford do today?? You should be worried about relegation 4 points from the drop. As for our great club there’s no forgetting promotion this season you can only watch and drool again week in week out. C’mon Fulham.
posted by FFC Fan (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 5:43 PM

Rule of thumb, every draw or defeat - try to win the next three games, guarantees promotion. Charlton was always going to be chalk and cheese compared to midweek but I thought we might just nick a win. The games come thick and fast so points will unfortunately be dropped, It’s a jungle this league but at least we are up the food chain.
posted by Pez (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 7:07 PM

posted by
John (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 05th October 2019, 3:22 PM

Sess was Brilliant at the start of the season and got a lot of praise! Whatever happened after the international break, he’s not the same player! Going to sound awful he’s beginning to remind me of Jazz Richard. The play and ball stops everytime it gets to him and at times you wonder if he can kick the ball properly! He’s not ready and we need a proper right back in January! Keep him on the bench and let him learn more!
Replies
I agree, in a stretch where we play three matches in 10 or 11 days ODOI should play in two, Sess in one - Parker has it backwards. Odoi is so much better in the air, more experience, better dribbling. Neither can cross it like Freddo, but yeah - Sess needs to add more to his game
posted by Drago (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 5:59 PM

posted by
OWEN (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 05th October 2019, 1:26 PM

Steve Sess is far too inexperienced down that side, and he has wasted too many balls in decent positions. 1-0 down, we need to bring on Odoi for starters, then roll our sleeves up and graft our way to some sort of position where we can get our way back in. Take more shots in decent positions would help, and Cav and Knockheart need to make more impact into this game. Over to you Scott Parker, do something tactical!!!!!
Replies
Agree with Owen. Sess off also Arter who wastes so many balls going forward. Biggest problem is Fulham style. Continually passing back to go forward gives opposition plenty of time to reorganise defence making chances of shots on goal very slim. Oh, and also very boring to watch. Can't see points from this game for us.
posted by willie2B (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 1:38 PM

Poor first half, much better in second - credit to their goalkeeper saved his side
posted by John (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 3:06 PM

Agree John'Charlton's keeper motm, they are a good side. They obviously saw our 4-1 and no way were we getting that much space. Bobby Reid made a difference. What happened to Dennis Odoi coming on? We could have, and should have won 2nd half, good game though....
posted by OWEN (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 3:10 PM

posted by
Fred (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 05th October 2019, 1:20 PM

.. cos all I can hear is their fans, they haven't stopped.
Replies
All asleep. any one ever know or heard of a terry Hogan in Fulham folk law????.
posted by Albert rn (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 2:45 PM

posted by
John (Guest)

previous posts
-

posted on
Saturday 05th October 2019, 11:19 AM

The feeling of going to today’s match is similar to the feeling to go to the Forest game having beaten Millwall 4-0! And all the hype after that. I hope the team don’t get complacent. Charlton is very hard working team - typical of any strong league one clubs - they will run and run to make sure you don’t get an inch of space! We need to work hard and I think we can win 3-1!
Replies
Good call John and spot on comments re Charlton. Sloppy attitude after we eqalised for them to go ahead after two minutes. What we doing?
posted by bigboy4650 (Guest) - Saturday 05th October 2019, 3:12 PM

Register / Login

Register today

Click here to register today and get involved with the Fulhamweb community

Click here to login if you are already registered

Since 1998
"It's been updated!"