0 users online

Ryan Sessegnon signs new contract

last updated Thursday 29th June 2017, 9:23 AM
Fulham Football Club

Ryan Sessegnon
Fulham defender
Ryan Sessegnon
More
Ryan Sessegnon
Stories
His Wiki page
Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon has signed his first professional contract, keeping him at the club until June 2020.

Sessegnon, who can play any position on the left-hand side, had been linked with moves to Premier League clubs Liverpool and Tottenham.

The 17-year-old made his debut aged 16 years and 81 days against Leyton Orient in the EFL Cup in August 2016.

He made 25 Championship appearances last season, starting in 17 games and scoring five goals.

Fulham FC statement
The Club is delighted to announce that Ryan Sessegnon has signed his first professional contract with Fulham.

Having been eligible to sign a pro deal after turning 17 in May, Sessegnon has now committed his future to the Club until at least June 2020.

Born just the other side of the river from Craven Cottage in Roehampton, Sessegnon joined Fulham in the summer of 2008 alongside his twin brother Steven.

After rising through the age groups, and earning international recognition with England along the way, the left-sided player made his First Team bow in the EFL Cup win over Leyton Orient at the start of the 2016/17 season.

It would prove to be a highly successful debut campaign for Sessegnon, as he netted seven times - often from left-back - in 30 appearances. His goal against Cardiff City at the Cottage meant he was the first person born in 2000 to score in the Football League.

He will now join up with England Under-19s ahead of their European Championship campaign in Georgia, before meeting up with Slavisa Jokanovic's squad for the remainder of pre-season.

Ryan said: “I’m excited to see what’s in front of me at this club, hopefully we can all push on now. Last year I got a lot of opportunities from the Gaffer, and I just want to continue that.”

Slavisa Jokanovic stated: “Ryan joined our First Team squad early during pre-season last summer. One year on, I’m pleased that Ryan’s performances have been rewarded with his first professional contract with Fulham and he will continue to be part of our project in the future.

“He is an exceptional young player who has demonstrated loyalty and commitment by continuing to serve this Club since his progression from the Academy.”

Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations Tony Khan added: “We’ve said that our commitment to Fulham is absolute, and that is being proven here today with the news on Ryan.

“Ryan’s debut season with the First Team was spectacular, and we are so proud of this very special young man, proud of his accomplishments and the great skills he's demonstrated on the pitch.

“But we are also proud of the class and maturity he's demonstrated both on and off the pitch, far beyond what one would expect from someone so youthful.

“Ryan has worked very hard to achieve success with the Club, and he has earned every bit of the recognition he has received. I'm so excited about Ryan’s future with the Fulham Football Club.”



















Source BBCSports

Share this article

 

Views

1990

Comments

Article Tags

Since 1998
"It's been updated!"
 

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!