0 users online

Fulham game frozen off

last updated Saturday 10th January 2009, 2:00 PM
Fulham's home meeting with Blackburn has been called off at late notice.

Referee Rob Styles took a look at the Craven Cottage pitch upon arrival and deemed it not fit for play.

According to the ref 98% of the pitch is playable however the remaining 2% was deemed unplayable and Mr Styles was not willing to put the players safety at risk.

Fulham FC stated:
Following a pitch inspection on Saturday afternoon (1.15pm) – the home match against Blackburn Rovers has been called off due to a frozen pitch.

The recent freezing conditions have seen temperatures dip well below zero by the banks of the Thames and despite the best efforts of the ground staff, the Craven Cottage surface was deemed unplayable by referee Rob Styles.

Since 1998
"It's been updated!"