0 users online

Football Rumours on Wednesday 23rd August 2017

last updated Wednesday 23rd August 2017, 9:13 AM


  • England midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain remains unlikely to sign a new contract at Arsenal, with Chelsea and Liverpool interested in the 24-year-old.
    (Daily Telegraph)


  • West Brom boss Tony Pulis is ready to pull off a £30m double swoop for Tottenham pair Kevin Wimmer and Vincent Janssen.
    (Sun)


  • England left-back Danny Rose, 27, will hold talks with Tottenham this week, amid ongoing interest from Chelsea and Manchester United.
    (Independent)


  • Barcelona will make a final £136m bid for Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho, 25, as they try to break Liverpool's resolve after three rejected offers.
    (Sun)


  • Other reports say Barcelona's fourth bid for the Brazilian will total £138m, with £101m up front and an additional £37m in bonuses.
    (Daily Mail)


  • Chelsea are closing in on a £30m deal for England and Leicester midfielder Danny Drinkwater, 27. The Premier League champions are also targeting Inter Milan's Italy midfielder Antonio Candreva, 30, who has been told he can leave for £25m.
    (Daily Mirror)


  • The Blues are also considering a shock bid for 30-year-old Leicester and England striker Jamie Vardy.
    (Daily Mirror)


  • And the Premier League champions are still interested in Torino's 23-year-old Italy international striker Andrea Belotti.
    (Daily Star)


  • Paris St-Germain will pay Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe 15m euros (£13.8m) a year in wages - more than double the salary Real Madrid were offering the 18-year-old.
    (Marca)


  • A Monaco supporters' group has released a statement criticising Mbappe and his advisers for their conduct during the transfer window.
    (Guardian)


  • Spurs are still hoping to sign right-back Serge Aurier, 24, from Paris St-Germain and are also keen on 19-year-old Estudiantes defender Juan Foyth.
    (Sky Sports)


  • Barcelona have made a second offer of 130m euros (£119m) for France forward Ousmane Dembele, 20, but Borussia Dortmund are holding out for at least 150m euros (£138m).
    (AS)


  • Manchester City are preparing a second bid for West Brom centre-back Jonny Evans, 29, after a £18m offer was rejected last week.
    (ESPN)


  • Manchester United have been in talks with Inter Milan over a potential deal for midfielder Ivan Perisic, 28, since the end of last season, but the Croatia international is expected to sign a new contract.
    (Daily Star)


  • Crystal Palace will make a £15m bid for RB Leipzig and Scotland winger Oliver Burke, 20, who played under new sporting director Dougie Freedman at Nottingham Forest.
    (Guardian)


  • Marseille have confirmed they are interested in exiled Chelsea striker Diego Costa, 28, if the Spain international's move back to Atletico Madrid falls through.
    (Daily Telegraph)


  • Bournemouth are ready to offer £25m for Leicester winger Demarai Gray, after the Foxes rejected £20m for the 21-year-old from the Cherries last month.
    (Sun)


  • Real Madrid winger Lucas Vazquez, 26, who made just 12 La Liga starts under Zinedine Zidane last season, is reportedly attracting interest from Liverpool and Arsenal.
    (Daily Express)


  • Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi has no interest in leaving Stamford Bridge to join Lille, who have been linked with a £36m bid for the 23-year-old Belgium international striker.
    (London Evening Standard)


  • Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is keen to sign Schalke and Germany defender Benedikt Howedes, 29, for £18m.
    (Daily Express)


  • Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes, 24, has reportedly told Barcelona he wants to leave the Nou Camp, amid speculation Manchester United are interested in making him their fourth signing of the summer.
    (Manchester Evening News)


  • Former Norwich defender Sebastien Bassong, 31, is training with Birmingham with a view to securing a permanent deal.
    (Daily Mail)




  • MANAGEMENT STUFF

  • Chelsea have identified former Borussia Dortmund head coach Thomas Tuchel as the man they want to succeed Antonio Conte amid reports of tension between the Italian and the Blues' hierarchy.
    (Bild)


  • West Ham are not considering alternatives to manager Slaven Bilic, despite reports to the contrary.
    (TalkSport)


  • West Brom had to endure cold showers after their EFL Cup win at Accrington Stanley because the floodlights had been turned off but manager Tony Pulis said: "Brilliant, absolutely fantastic and I love all of that. I was brought up at the beginning of my managerial career with cold showers dripping after games. It won't do this lot any harm."
    (Birmingham Mail)




  • INTERNATIONAL STUFF

  • England's 1966 World Cup winner Sir Geoff Hurst has told Gareth Southgate to ignore calls for Wayne Rooney's return to the England fold and instead call time on the striker's international career.
    (Daily Express)








  • OTHER STORIES

  • Cristiano Ronaldo has drawn a blank in his bid to appeal his five-match ban for pushing a referee after being sent off in the Spanish Super Cup.
    (Sky Sports)


  • After just one match at Wembley Stadium, Tottenham have scrapped their plan to play drum noises over the PA system.
    (Independent)


  • The two Stoke fans who went viral as they celebrated Jese Rodriguez's goal against Arsenal have been tracked down.
    (Joe.co.uk)


  • Manchester City defender Kyle Walker has apologised after he was sent off in the 1-1 draw with Everton.
    (Twitter)




























  • Source BBC Sport/SkySports

    Share this article

     

    Views

    1464

    Comments

    Article Tags

    Since 1998
    "It's been updated!"
     

    Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!