Football Rumours on Tuesday 2nd January 2018

last updated Tuesday 02nd January 2018, 10:56 AM


  • Arsene Wenger has denied reports Arsenal will make bids for Chelsea defender David Luiz and Monaco's Thomas Lemar in January.
    (Sky Sports)


  • Stoke City have sent scouts to watch highly-coveted Celtic striker Moussa Dembele.
    (Sun)


  • Thierry Henry has urged Moussa Dembele to quit Celtic and Scottish football for the big time.
    (Daily Record)


  • Liverpool will demand an "astronomical" fee from Barcelona before they consider selling 25-year-old Brazil midfielder Philippe Coutinho.
    (Daily Telegraph)


  • The Spanish giants have been told that it would take a deal worth almost £160m to bring Coutinho to the Nou Camp.
    (Onda Cero Radio)


  • Napoli will be ready to allow left-back Faouzi Ghoulam, 23, to move to Manchester United for his £53m release clause as they close in on the £26.6m signing of his replacement - 22-year-old Spaniard Alejandro Grimaldo from Benfica. Algeria international Ghoulam tore his cruciate knee ligament in November last year.
    (Record)


  • Chelsea's hopes of convincing 33-year-old Italy centre-back Giorgio Chiellini to move to Stamford Bridge have suffered a setback after he hinted at extending his contract with Juventus.
    (Sky Italia)


  • Everton's deal to sign Cenk Tosun from Besiktas is in danger of collapsing after an 11th-hour twist over the fee.
    (Daily Mirror)


  • Swansea are keen on West Ham's unsettled striker Diafra Sakho, but may need to consider bids for English centre-back Alfie Mawson, 23, or South Korea midfielder Ki Sung-yeung, 28, to make a deal for the 28-year-old Frenchman happen.
    (Guardian)


  • Huddersfield have made an approach to sign Monaco's 23-year-old Netherlands defender Terence Kongolo on loan.
    (Huddersfield Examiner)


  • Meanwhile, both Huddersfield and Watford are targeting Wolves centre-back Kortney Hause, 22.
    (Sun)




  • MANAGEMENT STUFF

  • Arsene Wenger breaks Sir Alex Ferguson's record Sunday's clash with West Brom saw Wenger take to the dugout for the record-breaking 811th time in the Premier League.
    (Daily Mail)


  • A defiant Mark Hughes insisted that he is still the right man to lead Stoke despite coming under fire after his selection gamble backfired. Fans called for Hughes’s head following a home defeat by Newcastle on Monday 48 hours after the Welshman had rested players in a 5-0 battering at Chelsea.
    (Daily Mail)


  • Aitor Karanka wants a "good project" in England as he leads the chase for the Nottingham Forest job.
    (Sun)


  • Liverpool have confirmed Pepijn Lijnders is leaving the club to take charge of NEC Nijmegen. Lijnders had worked his way up to a position as Liverpool's first-team development coach and a key member of Jurgen Klopp's backroom staff, having initially arrived at the club in 2014 to coach the under-16 side.
    (Sky Sports)


  • Brighton boss Chris Hughton says keeping the club in the Premier League will be as big an achievement as getting them there.
    (Argus)




  • OTHER STORIES

  • Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane will make a 6000-mile round trip to the African Footballer of the Year awards just 24 hours before the Merseyside derby.
    (Daily Mail)


  • Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish has passionately defended Wilfried Zaha after the Football Association decided not to take action against the forward for the controversial penalty awarded against Manchester City on Sunday.
    (Daily Mail)


  • David Beckham has earned a whopping £40,000 per day from his business empire over the last two years.
    (Sun)


  • Manchester City have confirmed that Gabriel Jesus damaged the medial ligament in his left knee against Crystal Palace but will not require surgery. He is expected to be out for approximately six weeks, although the club’s medical staff will assess him over the next few days.
    (Daily Mail)


  • Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo says striker Diego Costa is "home" and the club have an "extraordinary player and great friend" back after the 29-year-old completed his move from Chelsea.
    (London Evening Standard)


  • Kevin De Bruyne has received a positive update on his fitness and is likely to return to action for Manchester City sooner than first feared.
    (Times)


  • Yeovil's League Two game with Crawley was held up for more than 10 minutes on Monday when a drone appeared over Huish Park.
    (Sky Sports)


















  • Source BBC Sport/SkySports
    Since 1998
    "It's been updated!"
     

    Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!