0 users online

Football Rumours on Saturday 13th Aug 2011

last updated Saturday 13th August 2011, 9:07 AM


Football rumours from today's newspapers

  • Arsenal have told Manchester City they can have Samir Nasri - in a swap for Carlos Tevez.
    (The Sun)

  • Republic of Ireland and Tottenham striker Robbie Keane is on the verge of signing a two-year, £5m contract with Major League Soccer's Los Angeles Galaxy, subject to a medical.
    (Fox Soccer )

  • Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has reportedly said goodbye to his team-mates as he heads for a return to Barcelona, though Gunners boss Arsene Wenger insists no-one is leaving the club.
    (The Mirror)

  • Meanwhile, Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has reportedly lined up a £35m bid for Colombian striker Radamel Falcao from Porto.
    (Metro)

  • Chelsea are ready to offer £15.7m plus an unnamed player to Porto for wing-back Alvaro Pereira who has a £25m release clause in his contract.
    (Daily Mail)

  • Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has ruled out signing Valencia and Spain winger Juan Mata.
    (The Mirror)

  • Aston Villa want to sign England winger Adam Johnson on a season-long loan from Manchester City with a view to a permanent move at the end of the campaign.
    (Metro)

  • Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has blocked striker David Ngog's proposed £4m move to Bolton because he has not yet found a replacement for the Frenchman.
    (The Mirror)

  • Dalglish is not expected to succeed with a £10m bid for Stoke defender Ryan Shawcross.
    (Daily Mail)
OTHER GOSSIP
  • Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini thinks striker Carlos Tevez, who handed in a transfer request earlier this summer but has failed to land a move away from the club so far, will stay at City because no one wants him.
    (The Sun)

  • Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said this club will not go back into the transfer market before the end of the month, declaring "you can forget" the idea of Wesley Sneijder signing. Instead, he will place his trust in the emerging crop of young players at Old Trafford.
    (The Guardian)

  • Defender Jamie Carragher is desperate to get Liverpool back into the Champions League after their two-year absence.
    (talkSPORT)

  • Midfielder Joey Barton will start for Newcastle against Arsenal on Saturday evening after being brought back into the squad, despite being told he can leave on a free transfer.
    (Daily Mail)

  • Alex is poised to leave Chelsea in a £7.5m move to Juventus.
    (The Sun)

  • Celtic boss Neil Lennon is furious he was not told about the anle injury sustained by Beram Kayal on international duty for Israel in midweek.
    (Daily Record)

  • Tottenham outcast David Bentley has been left out of the 25-man squad for Europa League duty against Hearts next week.
    (The Mirror)
AND FINALLY '
  • Stoke midfielder Jermaine Pennant hid the fact that he'd had a cosmetic surgery procedure to pin his ears back by telling family members he'd "hit his head".
    (Metro)

  • New Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas jokes he will retire from football if he wins all four major trophies this season.
    (The Sun)
























Source BBC Sport

Share this article

 

Views

882

Comments

Article Tags

Since 1998
"It's been updated!"
 

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!